Sogeti Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.7

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Oak Brook, IL) in July 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews and an in person interview by 4 more people.

Was basically a huge waste of time. The HR person presented the role one way, and the follow up interviews all had a different take on the role was I showed up for in person talks. Once it became clear they were trying to bait and switch me for a role that was unappealing and uninteresting I excused myself from the candidate process.

They wasted my time and I did not ultimately appreciate it. I wish I had checked glass door ahead of time. From what I heard it sounds like they charge their clients a lot and provide very little value besides a warm seat they can bill for.

Interview Questions

• We wasted about 20 minutes of hike they asked me basic IT questions to confirm my knowledge about the subject matter.   1 Answer

Manager Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, technical interview with a manager, then interviewed for a half day at the Sogeti office with several employees. After passing all the interviews, the company low-balled me, then tried to offer me more when I turned that down. It was an insulting experience. Why would you offer someone the bare minimum that you thought they would accept? Is that how you value your employees?

Interview Questions

• How do you handle scope creep?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Westchester, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Sogeti did not want to hire me. I know this because if a company wanted to turn off and, indeed, enrage a job applicant I'm not sure what they would have needed to do differently.

After a series of very favorable contacts, including a fantastic technical call with a senior manager, I was invited for a face to face. Great. I met with my recruiter who was and still is a wonderful, but clearly deceptive face to a very ugly process.

The practice leader was distracted, not fully awake and unable to find a single point on a nearly 2-decade resume with which to attempt a connection. Had he seen it? He stayed 10 minutes despite being scheduled for an hour. Strike one.

The HR head of the Chicago area was next. She also very clearly never read my resume. How do I know? Because when one's most recent title is "Consultant" along with a dozen other instances of the term throughout a resume she asks: "Why are you suddenly interested in consulting?" Her questions were going-through-the-checklist incompetence and her personality is what would have been the result of a genetic cross between a New York cabbie and a brillo pad. Strike and out.

Having had very frequent interface with the cult of big consulting, I have seen some truly reprehensible hiring behavior. But this, bar none, takes the prize. Congratulations. I guess.

Java Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Human Resource Manager and Manager for getting to know you session, a consultant for technical interview, and the recruiter for reviewing benefits. Each section of interview took about half an hour. And after that, there is treatment for all candidates, which is assumed to be a hidden interview. About 5 days later I received rejection. But some interviewees I know they never get any response.

Interview Questions

• Just Java basics, like difference between private and protected, function overload, and other question based on your resume. But Java part is the most important.

HR question is general one, like where do you see yourself in 3 years.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willowbrook, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti (Willowbrook, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

I got the interview from campus invent ISCPA career event. The interview was 30 minutes long and did not include any technical question. The interviewer just asked background questions. However, when I asked if they sponsored H1 B the interviewer said she would check with the company policies and then call me.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sogeti (Westchester, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

The initial interview (technical interview) was on phone for about 45 minutes. I was asked technical questions on almost everything I have mentioned on my resume.
    The second round of interview was face to face with the senior management. It was 1:1 interview and the interview was more focused on the projects I have done. They said they will get back to me a day after, which they did. They said they liked me a lot but cannot offer me a position at this time because of budget constraints.