Sogeti Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 2, 2017

2.4

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of technical questions and background. They wanted to make sure that we would be able to communicate between clients and developers. The interviewees were extremely nice and kind, however there was extreme confusion and then the job just disappeared. It was disappointing that the company had miscommunication, and I never received any feedback.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sogeti

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sogeti (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred for salesforceDeveloper/Administrator consultant position in Sogeti. First, I received a call from HR discussing about the position and interview process.

First phone interview was mostly about concepts of salesforce. The interview was easy and went on for 45 minutes covering basics of salesforce development and administration.

I had a second interview with a senior consultant at Sogeti. This interview was more in depth about salesforce, covering my experience working on it and in-depth technical question. After second interview in couple of days, I received rejection mail from Sogeti.

Interview Questions

• More about Visualforce standard case layout, Apex programming and triggers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sogeti (Baltimore, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I was recruited based on a mutual connection and immediately offered an interview with minimal review of my resume. Strike one. Before my interview, I found out they had hired another recruit the day after their interview. Strike two. Finally, in my interview I was able to discern that Sogeti is merely a staff augmentation company looking to bill clients. Strike three.

The business model is built on working with "small to mid size local companies" but this IT we are talking about - implementing cloud based solutions. If you are seeking high quality IT work, you need not to consider location. The notion that those are the clients they target is silly, as those are the only clients they can get.

Stay far away.

Interview Questions

• What about you makes you a better candidate for this role than anyone else?   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter first. I was then asked to come in to the office where I interviewed with three different people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

An initial phone screen with a HR rep, got invited to the office. Chat with the same rep for over an hour about the company. Then spoke to a developer who wasn't very friendly. He just didn't seem like he was having a good day and it rubbed on me.

Consultant Interview

Interview

I applied online and was contacted within a week or so. A phone interview was scheduled and the interviewer called at the expected time. We discussed the company and its operations before addressing the job itself. At this point, it was mutually determined that their office was not a good fit for me, but that my skills might fit the needs of another Sogeti office. Overall, a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, though I was surprised to find that they were looking for a consultant with programming experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dayton, OH).

Interview

I applied through my university's career website and got a call about a week later. I did a phone interview then went into HQ for an interview with the execs.

It was nice to see the execs cared about meeting prospective employees fresh out of college. But the actual interviews with them were revealing. My supposed 'technical interview' was with an executive who had not done programming in years. He asked me to explain what Github was. This is very ironic considering the 5 hours I spent there they preached about adapting to new technologies and challenges.

I didn't get an offer from them but I think it's because I've never programmed in java. I was frankly surprised I got as far as I did considering everything they build is in java.

PS some programs (like the one I was applying for) require you to do a two week bootcamp in Dayton. They don't explain this up front. There is nothing to do in Dayton.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2012.

Interview

A couple phone interviews that were pretty much small talk. In person interview went well until I was paired (unplanned) with a developer to chat. The person was in a very foul mood and wasn't friendly.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Denver, CO) in September 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter through my University's database. Unfortunately, I had moved but I went forward with the phone interview and found out that they had a branch location nearby and was put in touch with the recruiter here.

I had a 1:1 interview locally. Culture-wise it felt very corporate and the benefits levels seemed rather dubious. You're ranked by percentile with several different criteria by an automated HR system. It sounded like one or two of the variables were reserved for manager reviews, but the others such as billable client hours are all done automatically. Perhaps that works, perhaps it doesn't depending on the project, I can't say. But something for you to think about.

Interview Questions

• The interview was laid back and I was not asked any difficult or unexpected questions that go beyond the typical interviews that I have experienced.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sogeti (Charlotte, NC) in June 2012.

Interview

The process started out well with the internal recruiter that I found on LinkedIn, she provided information and was quick to reply to emails. I was scheduled for a phone interview with a project manager who indicated that he would not be making a decision but simply evaluate me. The interviewer was not engaged and seemed to want to end the call almost immediately. He did not ask me about my skills or technical knowledge. He did not even give me the opportunity to ask him any questions. I wrote the prospect of working for Sogeti after the interview; between the reviews on this website and the interview I decided my talents can be used by a more serious IT company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself was the only question asked.   1 Answer