Sogeti Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

2.9

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

There were 2 stages for the interview process. The first stage was a 30 minute phone interview with one of the recruiters. The interview consisted of mainly average behavioral questions and what you do on the side. The second stage was in person at the office. This stage was a 2 part interview. The first part was with the lead programmer and dealt with technical questions. The second part dealt with consulting questions.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? (stage 2)   Answer Question
    • What is one problem you see today and how would you solve it? (stage 2)   Answer Question
    • How well do you think your C# skill is (Scale from 1 - 5) (stage 2)   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Met them at a college career fair. Given a phone interview then invited for an in-person interview from 9am to 2pm. There were 4 interviews. First one was with HR. They are all behavioral questions. Simple and typical questions. Next interview was with a vice president or someone high up. It was also behavioral and conversational. Next interview was technical. This is were I did bad. They expect you to know way too much coming out of college. For example, on my resume I have a few months experience with an ETL tool. The interviewer asked me very advanced questions which a beginner should not know. She was asking about cache and performance improvement. She also asked about a joiner transformation. I told her I only had experience with about 5 out of 30 transformations because again, I'm a beginner with only a few months experience. You will not see any college students with experience in this tool by the way. So even though I knew a little, I knew much more than a typical college grad. The other interviewer asked me SQL and database questions, which were pretty tough. Again, they don't have good expectations for entry level people. I guess they forgot what it feels like to be a college student. The last interview was behavioral and conversational. Overall, I had a bad feeling about the place. I think it started when they told me you only get 2 weeks training coming out of college and are then expected to have a client. This is way too fast. 2 weeks later I get a phone call from HR. Usually a phone call is a good thing so I was excited. On the phone they said "we are hiring about 4 people and we loved our interviews with you. But we aren't hiring you. You don't have enough technical experience." This is such a shock. A company should send you an email for news like this, not a phone call. It is common knowledge that a phone call is good news. I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• How do you improve the performance of an Informatica workflow if you use an aggregation transformation?

Some question about a joiner transformation and how to use it or how it differs from another transformation.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

You pretty much run the show. They get other senior consultants to interview, and it's all set up pretty last minute. I spiral bound a portfolio of my best work and it really impressed them (people don't usually do that). Having a portfolio also gave us something to continually talk about. Everyone was really nice, and that's the kind of people they look for. You get a lot of training time to learn skills, so they really focus on personality matches. (That's probobly why they want to hear you talk so much.)

Interview Questions

• Where do you want your career to grow?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was offered X amount and told they could go no higher. Not much of a negotiation.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

First had a 30 min screening interview with a recruiter on-campus. Had a second 1 1/2 hour interview on site at the office. Talked with a recruiter, the head of delivery, and a senior manager. Had both behavioral and technical interviews. It was a run of the mill technical job interview. I have heard from co-workers that the interview process can vary greatly depending on who is running the interviews.

Interview Questions

• I was asked very foundational questions of computer science like the paradigms of object oriented programming   1 Answer
    • The usual question of why I want to work for the company   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

I got this interview via a career fair on my campus. I was told on the day of the interview they would be in touch the following week. Long story short after a month of "we'll let you know next week", I stopped calling and never heard from them again.

The interview consisted of three parts; only one of them consisted of technical questions. These were easy, generic OOP and SQL concepts. Overall the experience was very pleasant, low key, and friendly... I'm rather disappointed that the recruiter would not return my calls.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an inner and outer join in SQL?   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would deconstruct the Monopoly board game into a set of objects for a Java program.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in December 2010.

Interview

The interview process was long - over approximately 6 months. I had a phone interview first, and then several months later I was called in for a face to face interview. Sogeti hires based on the ability to place their consultants right away. Even though sometimes, as it happened with me, there was no project for me to go to when I started and i wound up "on the beach" for a few weeks before I actually went to my first client.

Interview Questions

• I did not have any difficult questions - but I have since done a lot of interviewing for Sogeti, and I do ask some difficult questions.
      Here's one:
      What analysis and modeling techniques and methodologies have you found to be the most effective, and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate after the offer was made - I stated on my application the salary I wanted to receive and my offer letter contained that salary.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sogeti (Irving, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Everyone was great and fun to work with, very professional and followed up immediately. I received the initial call, then got a 1 on 1 with people around the office after meeting with the recruiter, then a technical call, then another 1 on 1, then 2 more technical calls.

Interview Questions

• What is dependency injection?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They asked me what I was looking for, and then they said they couldn't go that high, and gave me the best they could do, with no chance for negotiation due to salary caps for certain titles. There was no possibility to negotiate anything else.