Sogeti IT Consultant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 10, 2017

2.7

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sogeti (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from Sogeti asked to set up a phone interview with me after seeing one of my profiles online. I arranged a meeting with them, and they got back to me one hour before their preferred meeting time. I accepted the meeting, so they sent me some questions to fill out in preparation for the interview. After I filled out the questions, I didn't hear back from them. After 10 minutes, I asked about what was going on. No reply. After an hour, I gave up waiting. I never heard from them again.

My takeaway is that you shouldn't feel disappointed if they contact you and then drop you. That's on their end, not yours.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sogeti

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Applied from a job fair at University, interviews were light - one 30 min phone call with HR prior to three in person 1:1 interviews in office. The technical interview can be intimidating, but they are looking for preliminary programming knowledge and the ability to critically think.

Interview Questions

• How could you apply your learnings and experiences from college courses into the role of an IT Consultant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Atlanta, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied through the university and got the response in couple of days. I went for an on campus interview. The recruiter invited me for an on site interview which was schedules for a week later. I was interviewed by four interviewers out of which only one was technical. Others were just behavioral type interviews. After this, I had a chat senior VP before getting an offer.
          Overall the interview process was smooth and fast. The employees were very friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions

• Joins in MySQL, function in Object oriented programming   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti in October 2015.

Interview

Got an on site interview from university career fair. There were 2 rounds of interview on the same day with the VP and the manager. With the VP the interview was more about the resume, experience, why do you want to be an IT consultant. They seemed not read my resume before the interview and not prepared at all. The interview with the manager was more technical, like what do you know about SDLC. The interview was pretty normal, but I've never seen a company so bad about the interview follow-up. I understand that they might already chose another candidate, but it doesn't hurt to send out a courtesy email just to say thank you for your interest, right? The HR did not reply to any of the follow-up messages I sent and I did not hear back from the company ever since. This was rude, unprofessional, and disrespectful, and I don't think they will treat their employees right with the attitude.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti in September 2015.

Interview

I met the regional HR recruiter at my college's job fair and we hit it off. He asked me to email him my unofficial transcript, resume, and list of dates and times I could talk on the phone to further discuss opportunities at Sogeti. I talked to him on the phone for an initial screening for about half an hour within the week. Then was told I would be contacted later in the week to set up a face-to-face office interview. I ended up having another phone interview with a project leader about a week after my first phone interview. Four days after my second phone interview, I was contacted by the regional HR recruiter and was offered a full time position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why do you want to go into consulting?   Answer Question

IT Consultant Interview

Interview

There were 3 stages to the interview process. The first stage consisted of two interviews on two separate days: one with the corporate recruiter and then the other with two current IT Consultants.

The second stage was a meeting with one of the IT Directors.

The Third stage, like the first, also consisted of two interviews. However, this time they were during the same day. The first was with the Human Resources Manager and the second with the Regional VP and Unit Manager.

The interview process lasted approximately 3-4 weeks.

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti in March 2015.

Interview

I was called by a recruiter for a phone screening, then set up an on campus in person interview with the recruiter. I was then invited to a cocktail hour at a restaurant near their office where I mat almost every consultant and the heads of the branch. I then went to a final interview where I had 5 rounds with a number of people in the company. Finally, one of the executives gave me a call and we had about a half hour interview. I was offered the job within a week of my final interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I gave a minimum salary that was higher than what they usually pay but they met it.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sogeti (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. They didn't ask me any technical questions just wanted to get a feel for what I wanted to do with my career path and what I prefer to work on. After the phone interview which was very brief (around 10 mins) they set up a face to face meeting within one week and that again was very brief and more to show me around the office and introduce me to people and I guess ensure I wasn't some sort of crazy person.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal with this career?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Charlotte, NC) in October 2014.

Interview

so basically i made it to face to face and did well and than i didn't get it and found out applicants who matched less got it, so likely it is group looking for wasps and wasps only like some other reviewers on here mentioned. So if your not one of those no matter how good you are, don't count on it

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sogeti (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Basically did high level overview for you and wanting to know what you can offer.
    They have an hiring manager that you will first interview with.
    Then you will probably meet up with employees similar to you.

Negotiation

Simple