Sogeti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.6

BI Developer/Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sogeti (Overland Park, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

"Technical Screen" that wasn't technical at all. This was more about what the interviewer already knew from reading my resume and people we knew in common. This was more about the interviewer's ego than my technical ability.

BI Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Negative experience. 3 individual interviews back-to-back. Interviewers obviously did not care about the process, and did not read my resume. Mostly discussed their own irrelevant job/life experiences, and oddly enough all of them were unwilling to discuss any past projects they had worked on Sogeti. Left me completely in the dark on the job I was applying for. Interviews were unprofessional and condescending. I wouldn't recommend applying.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of technical questions and background. They wanted to make sure that we would be able to communicate between clients and developers. The interviewees were extremely nice and kind, however there was extreme confusion and then the job just disappeared. It was disappointing that the company had miscommunication, and I never received any feedback.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sogeti (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from Sogeti asked to set up a phone interview with me after seeing one of my profiles online. I arranged a meeting with them, and they got back to me one hour before their preferred meeting time. I accepted the meeting, so they sent me some questions to fill out in preparation for the interview. After I filled out the questions, I didn't hear back from them. After 10 minutes, I asked about what was going on. No reply. After an hour, I gave up waiting. I never heard from them again.

My takeaway is that you shouldn't feel disappointed if they contact you and then drop you. That's on their end, not yours.

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

It started out with a recruiter contacting me, and explaining what Sogeti does, and it is a consulting firm so traveling throughout the valley is typically what a Sogeti employee does. After that, the recruiter schedules a technical phone interview based on your schedule. The phone interview was quite technical and included a variety of questions. It included questions about Object Oriented programming, processes and threads, and Microsoft SQL Server. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Never heard back from Sogeti.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a process and a thread?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   Answer Question
    • Let's say you have a web browser that has a refresh button. When the user clicks the refresh button, what happens behind the scenes code-wise?   Answer Question
    • A website goes down at the exact time everyday, anytime before that, the website works perfectly. What kind of questions would you start to ask yourself on how to diagnose the problem?   Answer Question
    • Other than making a website cohesive by having the same color scheme and buttons, how else would you make the website cohesive?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Met them at a college career fair. Given a phone interview then invited for an in-person interview from 9am to 2pm. There were 4 interviews. First one was with HR. They are all behavioral questions. Simple and typical questions. Next interview was with a vice president or someone high up. It was also behavioral and conversational. Next interview was technical. This is were I did bad. They expect you to know way too much coming out of college. For example, on my resume I have a few months experience with an ETL tool. The interviewer asked me very advanced questions which a beginner should not know. She was asking about cache and performance improvement. She also asked about a joiner transformation. I told her I only had experience with about 5 out of 30 transformations because again, I'm a beginner with only a few months experience. You will not see any college students with experience in this tool by the way. So even though I knew a little, I knew much more than a typical college grad. The other interviewer asked me SQL and database questions, which were pretty tough. Again, they don't have good expectations for entry level people. I guess they forgot what it feels like to be a college student. The last interview was behavioral and conversational. Overall, I had a bad feeling about the place. I think it started when they told me you only get 2 weeks training coming out of college and are then expected to have a client. This is way too fast. 2 weeks later I get a phone call from HR. Usually a phone call is a good thing so I was excited. On the phone they said "we are hiring about 4 people and we loved our interviews with you. But we aren't hiring you. You don't have enough technical experience." This is such a shock. A company should send you an email for news like this, not a phone call. It is common knowledge that a phone call is good news. I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• How do you improve the performance of an Informatica workflow if you use an aggregation transformation?

Some question about a joiner transformation and how to use it or how it differs from another transformation.
      Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

-I was introduced via personal connection's referral. Initial phone conversation was great--very clear and helpful.
    -I was then connected with a couple of other team members, and then HR reached out to schedule an in-person interview.
    -HR was very helpful in providing information about the company and interview process prior to the interview.
    -I had onsite interviews with 3 team members. Two of them were friendly and respectful, the other one, not so much as he/she cut me off in mid sentence, cut the interview short, and was not friendly/respectful during the interview. I understand his/her position is much higher up, but his/her attitude made me uncomfortable.
    -After my interview, I reached out to HR and HR said he/she will get back to me in 2 weeks max. I followed up again in 2 weeks but still have not heard back after 2 months. So it's safe to assume I did not get the offer.

In general, this was a negative experience. The work environment is very lethargic and old school. Most importantly, the lack of respect by one of the interviewer and the lack of follow up are unprofessional.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sogeti (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I was referred for salesforceDeveloper/Administrator consultant position in Sogeti. First, I received a call from HR discussing about the position and interview process.

First phone interview was mostly about concepts of salesforce. The interview was easy and went on for 45 minutes covering basics of salesforce development and administration.

I had a second interview with a senior consultant at Sogeti. This interview was more in depth about salesforce, covering my experience working on it and in-depth technical question. After second interview in couple of days, I received rejection mail from Sogeti.

Interview Questions

• More about Visualforce standard case layout, Apex programming and triggers.   Answer Question

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sogeti in February 2016.

Interview

Corporate recruiter contacted me via phone, asked about my experience, she sounded very positive. Told me she would talk to the HM and that I had experience he was looking for. Still have not heard back ~8 weeks later. After reviewing this site after that call, I did not press her for an update. Bullet dodged.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience with (industry, function, etc.)   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti (Iowa City, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

Very persoanl interview with a lot of behavioral questions. Was a pleasant experience very friendly. The interview was very relaxed and straight forward. I recieved an email shortly after about filling out more applications but I am still waiting to hear back from them.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a project that had a lot of hardships and how did you overcome each one.   Answer Question