Sogeti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

223 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sogeti (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Phone Interview with the Sogeti recruiter followed by an interview with the client. The interview with the client is the most difficult hiring part of getting a job with Sogeti. They will hire most anybody they feel they can get placed.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions... what are your strengths and weaknesses, what would your previous employer say about you   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sogeti (Kansas City, KS) in May 2017.

Interview

Technical screening on the Phone followed by in person management interview/meeting. Easy process relatively. most questions were from previous projects like what tools you used, how many years you have worked on acertain thing. what you like/disliked most.

BI Developer/Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sogeti (Overland Park, KS) in March 2017.

Interview

"Technical Screen" that wasn't technical at all. This was more about what the interviewer already knew from reading my resume and people we knew in common. This was more about the interviewer's ego than my technical ability.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Scottsdale, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Met with a Vice President, Director of Engineering, HR person, and a senior consultant. Typical technical interview for a software role with the consultant and behaviorals with the rest. They were very clear about the path you would follow given the job.

BI Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Negative experience. 3 individual interviews back-to-back. Interviewers obviously did not care about the process, and did not read my resume. Mostly discussed their own irrelevant job/life experiences, and oddly enough all of them were unwilling to discuss any past projects they had worked on Sogeti. Left me completely in the dark on the job I was applying for. Interviews were unprofessional and condescending. I wouldn't recommend applying.

Manager Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, technical interview with a manager, then interviewed for a half day at the Sogeti office with several employees. After passing all the interviews, the company low-balled me, then tried to offer me more when I turned that down. It was an insulting experience. Why would you offer someone the bare minimum that you thought they would accept? Is that how you value your employees?

Interview Questions

• How do you handle scope creep?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of technical questions and background. They wanted to make sure that we would be able to communicate between clients and developers. The interviewees were extremely nice and kind, however there was extreme confusion and then the job just disappeared. It was disappointing that the company had miscommunication, and I never received any feedback.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sogeti (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from Sogeti asked to set up a phone interview with me after seeing one of my profiles online. I arranged a meeting with them, and they got back to me one hour before their preferred meeting time. I accepted the meeting, so they sent me some questions to fill out in preparation for the interview. After I filled out the questions, I didn't hear back from them. After 10 minutes, I asked about what was going on. No reply. After an hour, I gave up waiting. I never heard from them again.

My takeaway is that you shouldn't feel disappointed if they contact you and then drop you. That's on their end, not yours.

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

It started out with a recruiter contacting me, and explaining what Sogeti does, and it is a consulting firm so traveling throughout the valley is typically what a Sogeti employee does. After that, the recruiter schedules a technical phone interview based on your schedule. The phone interview was quite technical and included a variety of questions. It included questions about Object Oriented programming, processes and threads, and Microsoft SQL Server. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Never heard back from Sogeti.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a process and a thread?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   Answer Question
    • Let's say you have a web browser that has a refresh button. When the user clicks the refresh button, what happens behind the scenes code-wise?   Answer Question
    • A website goes down at the exact time everyday, anytime before that, the website works perfectly. What kind of questions would you start to ask yourself on how to diagnose the problem?   Answer Question
    • Other than making a website cohesive by having the same color scheme and buttons, how else would you make the website cohesive?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Sogeti (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

It was weird - being a project based company they will hire to staff up for a project. I initially interview and didn't hear anything for several months. I got a call and they wanted me to start the next week - must have gotten a new contract

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - standard interview questions   Answer Question