Sogeti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.6

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Met them at a college career fair. Given a phone interview then invited for an in-person interview from 9am to 2pm. There were 4 interviews. First one was with HR. They are all behavioral questions. Simple and typical questions. Next interview was with a vice president or someone high up. It was also behavioral and conversational. Next interview was technical. This is were I did bad. They expect you to know way too much coming out of college. For example, on my resume I have a few months experience with an ETL tool. The interviewer asked me very advanced questions which a beginner should not know. She was asking about cache and performance improvement. She also asked about a joiner transformation. I told her I only had experience with about 5 out of 30 transformations because again, I'm a beginner with only a few months experience. You will not see any college students with experience in this tool by the way. So even though I knew a little, I knew much more than a typical college grad. The other interviewer asked me SQL and database questions, which were pretty tough. Again, they don't have good expectations for entry level people. I guess they forgot what it feels like to be a college student. The last interview was behavioral and conversational. Overall, I had a bad feeling about the place. I think it started when they told me you only get 2 weeks training coming out of college and are then expected to have a client. This is way too fast. 2 weeks later I get a phone call from HR. Usually a phone call is a good thing so I was excited. On the phone they said "we are hiring about 4 people and we loved our interviews with you. But we aren't hiring you. You don't have enough technical experience." This is such a shock. A company should send you an email for news like this, not a phone call. It is common knowledge that a phone call is good news. I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• How do you improve the performance of an Informatica workflow if you use an aggregation transformation?

Some question about a joiner transformation and how to use it or how it differs from another transformation.
      Answer Question

BI Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Negative experience. 3 individual interviews back-to-back. Interviewers obviously did not care about the process, and did not read my resume. Mostly discussed their own irrelevant job/life experiences, and oddly enough all of them were unwilling to discuss any past projects they had worked on Sogeti. Left me completely in the dark on the job I was applying for. Interviews were unprofessional and condescending. I wouldn't recommend applying.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Denver, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

2 Telephonic + 1 In Person.

Recruiter called me and checked my interest for a new opening. He found my profile on LinkedIn. I was not actively looking for a job then but thought of giving a try to know my current market value and skill set level. During the interview process, I learned many good things about Sogeti and progressed further in the interview. To my surprise, I was offered a lucrative offer. My focus was on professional growth than on salary norms at that time. So, I insisted on my professional growth and they explained me the progression structure which pushed me to go for it. I am happy today for my decision then, as I am today exactly there where I dreamt 2.4 years back. Thank you Sogeti!

Besides its great compensation plan and benefits, I always felt like working in a corporate where employee is first!

Interview Questions

• Explain Automation in a given challenging situation   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing I can think of

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

It started out with a recruiter contacting me, and explaining what Sogeti does, and it is a consulting firm so traveling throughout the valley is typically what a Sogeti employee does. After that, the recruiter schedules a technical phone interview based on your schedule. The phone interview was quite technical and included a variety of questions. It included questions about Object Oriented programming, processes and threads, and Microsoft SQL Server. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Never heard back from Sogeti.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a process and a thread?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   Answer Question
    • Let's say you have a web browser that has a refresh button. When the user clicks the refresh button, what happens behind the scenes code-wise?   Answer Question
    • A website goes down at the exact time everyday, anytime before that, the website works perfectly. What kind of questions would you start to ask yourself on how to diagnose the problem?   Answer Question
    • Other than making a website cohesive by having the same color scheme and buttons, how else would you make the website cohesive?   Answer Question

Teradata Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sogeti (New York, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Interviewer was very unprofessional. Called 45 mins late of scheduled time. Head HR selected for another profile and I was interviewed for another profile. Interviewer was REALLY NOT interested in M resume. She just asked couple of questions from her domain which was not even mentioned on my resume and summarised the session.

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very pleasant. I was contacted by a Sogeti recruiter (who remained my primary contact throughout the process) to set up an initial interview with a Practice Manager.

The practice lead and I met for coffee and talked for about an hour. We discussed technical and management topics, my career history, and where I wanted to go. It was a very pleasant meeting. A few days later HR called me and asked me to come to an in person interview about a week later.

I spent a little over two hours meeting with the unit VP, a few account executives, and a delivery manager. They were excellent interviews; everything was a mix of technical and personality. They stressed that finding a right fit for the client, and delivering excellent performance was their highest priority.

About a week after my in person interviews HR called to schedule a call with a consultant who was on the job with a client. This was very enjoyable. The call lasted about 30 minutes and was focused on my technical skills.

About 4 days later an account exec called and told me a client wanted to speak with me. They had shared my resume and the client was very interested, but they wanted to see if I would be a good fit. We chatted about the project and the culture for about 35 minutes and the client seemed eager to bring me on.

3 days later Sogeti made me an offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• All interviews were a mx of personality and technical skills.
      Excellence and service to clients are stressed.
      Answer Question

Manager Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and well executed. The interviewer was experienced, pleasant, and engaged during the process. He asked questions which were not just by the book, but based on what I shared with him. Excellent process overall.

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti in May 2014.

Interview

Long and tedious. Very relaxed and enjoyable.Met a lot of great people and they were all very friendly. Phone interviews were much more relaxed than expected and flowed like normal conversation.

Mobile Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sogeti (Cincinnati, OH) in March 2015.

Interview

Had one telephonic round with HR. After that I was called to company location and had 3 rounds of interview in a day. 2 technical rounds and one behavoiral round. HR round was bit tricky. Got offer in on next day.

Junior Test Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sogeti (London, England (UK)).

Interview

The hiring process took very long. My application was delayed for more then three months. HR seemed very nice though. Took a telephone Interview. Then I was invited for an interview with the manager. The manager I got interviewed was very stern and rarely smiled. He was very serious about his work and he will poke every nook and cranny in your CV. Afterwards, there was paper written test. My only concern with the whole interview process was, it didnt matter what I did to impress the interviewer, as long as you got a high mark in your test nothing else matter. I am under the impression that you can be negative person and be able to work here.
    HR did not respond back with my results I had to phone HR months later to get my results of my paper test.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult but just keep your CV in check and everything should be fine.   Answer Question