Sogeti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sogeti Interview Questions

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.6

BI Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Negative experience. 3 individual interviews back-to-back. Interviewers obviously did not care about the process, and did not read my resume. Mostly discussed their own irrelevant job/life experiences, and oddly enough all of them were unwilling to discuss any past projects they had worked on Sogeti. Left me completely in the dark on the job I was applying for. Interviews were unprofessional and condescending. I wouldn't recommend applying.

Manager Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Phone screen with recruiter, technical interview with a manager, then interviewed for a half day at the Sogeti office with several employees. After passing all the interviews, the company low-balled me, then tried to offer me more when I turned that down. It was an insulting experience. Why would you offer someone the bare minimum that you thought they would accept? Is that how you value your employees?

Interview Questions

• How do you handle scope creep?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Houston, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of technical questions and background. They wanted to make sure that we would be able to communicate between clients and developers. The interviewees were extremely nice and kind, however there was extreme confusion and then the job just disappeared. It was disappointing that the company had miscommunication, and I never received any feedback.

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sogeti (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Someone from Sogeti asked to set up a phone interview with me after seeing one of my profiles online. I arranged a meeting with them, and they got back to me one hour before their preferred meeting time. I accepted the meeting, so they sent me some questions to fill out in preparation for the interview. After I filled out the questions, I didn't hear back from them. After 10 minutes, I asked about what was going on. No reply. After an hour, I gave up waiting. I never heard from them again.

My takeaway is that you shouldn't feel disappointed if they contact you and then drop you. That's on their end, not yours.

Software Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

It started out with a recruiter contacting me, and explaining what Sogeti does, and it is a consulting firm so traveling throughout the valley is typically what a Sogeti employee does. After that, the recruiter schedules a technical phone interview based on your schedule. The phone interview was quite technical and included a variety of questions. It included questions about Object Oriented programming, processes and threads, and Microsoft SQL Server. Phone interview lasted about 30 minutes. Never heard back from Sogeti.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a process and a thread?   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between an inner join and an outer join?   Answer Question
    • Let's say you have a web browser that has a refresh button. When the user clicks the refresh button, what happens behind the scenes code-wise?   Answer Question
    • A website goes down at the exact time everyday, anytime before that, the website works perfectly. What kind of questions would you start to ask yourself on how to diagnose the problem?   Answer Question
    • Other than making a website cohesive by having the same color scheme and buttons, how else would you make the website cohesive?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Sogeti (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

It was weird - being a project based company they will hire to staff up for a project. I initially interview and didn't hear anything for several months. I got a call and they wanted me to start the next week - must have gotten a new contract

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary - standard interview questions   Answer Question

Software Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in West Chester, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sogeti (West Chester, OH) in January 2017.

Interview

1. Initial Phone Interview to check mutual interest
    2.Technical Interview about your current skill set and what you are currently doing at your job. The Interviewer focused on in depth questions so make sure you review what you said you know.

Interview Questions

• What is a negative factor in using JSF framework for development?   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Applied from a job fair at University, interviews were light - one 30 min phone call with HR prior to three in person 1:1 interviews in office. The technical interview can be intimidating, but they are looking for preliminary programming knowledge and the ability to critically think.

Interview Questions

• How could you apply your learnings and experiences from college courses into the role of an IT Consultant?   Answer Question

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dallas, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Met them at a college career fair. Given a phone interview then invited for an in-person interview from 9am to 2pm. There were 4 interviews. First one was with HR. They are all behavioral questions. Simple and typical questions. Next interview was with a vice president or someone high up. It was also behavioral and conversational. Next interview was technical. This is were I did bad. They expect you to know way too much coming out of college. For example, on my resume I have a few months experience with an ETL tool. The interviewer asked me very advanced questions which a beginner should not know. She was asking about cache and performance improvement. She also asked about a joiner transformation. I told her I only had experience with about 5 out of 30 transformations because again, I'm a beginner with only a few months experience. You will not see any college students with experience in this tool by the way. So even though I knew a little, I knew much more than a typical college grad. The other interviewer asked me SQL and database questions, which were pretty tough. Again, they don't have good expectations for entry level people. I guess they forgot what it feels like to be a college student. The last interview was behavioral and conversational. Overall, I had a bad feeling about the place. I think it started when they told me you only get 2 weeks training coming out of college and are then expected to have a client. This is way too fast. 2 weeks later I get a phone call from HR. Usually a phone call is a good thing so I was excited. On the phone they said "we are hiring about 4 people and we loved our interviews with you. But we aren't hiring you. You don't have enough technical experience." This is such a shock. A company should send you an email for news like this, not a phone call. It is common knowledge that a phone call is good news. I will not recommend this company to anyone.

Interview Questions

• How do you improve the performance of an Informatica workflow if you use an aggregation transformation?

Some question about a joiner transformation and how to use it or how it differs from another transformation.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Interview process took 2 weeks on phone. One onsite interview. HR was very supportive. Interview was on basic question about domain. Interview process took 2 weeks on phone. One onsite interview. HR was very supportive. Interview was on basic question about domain.