Sogeti Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sogeti Interview Questions

Updated Feb 11, 2017

2.6

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti in March 2015.

Interview

Met with Recruiting team over the phone and was told they weren't sure if they were going to hire or not, but that I "had to meet" the senior executive responsible for the area.
    Over the following 2-3 weeks I had 3 1-hour phone conversations with this individual during which we did have a rapport, and there seemed to be a fit for the role. There was an occasional mention that he wasn't sure if they would hire for this role or not, but wouldn't provide details on the decision making process. I suspect that I was being interviewed as a possible replacement for an employee who was not performing, and they had not made the decision.
    The last communication we had was a promise to meet in person the next time this person was in my city location, which was set to be within the next 2-3 weeks. He indicated he makes frequent visits to this location.
    After that, they went dark, completely, didn't return calls and didn't provide any feedback.

Obviously I understand that if there wasn't an opening, or if I wasn't a fit. I am disappointed in how they handled it, however, especially because our last communication was trending toward an in-person meeting. If something had changed, I would have appreciated the courtesy of a call to notify me that I was no longer being considered, especially because of the senior nature of the role in question and the amount of time investment we mutually made into the process.

This is not an unusual practice when a recruiter contacts you to discuss a possible role - in fact it is quite common. I have no negative opinion of Sogeti as a result but I do think that truly exceptional companies strive to do better.

Interview Questions

• Various executive questions around the operations of a professional services organization, leadership, project and client leadership, sales leadership, etc. Mainly behavior based and intended to determine a cultural fit for the organization, as well as to determine if there was real experience in the necessary skills.   Answer Question

Java Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sogeti (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Human Resource Manager and Manager for getting to know you session, a consultant for technical interview, and the recruiter for reviewing benefits. Each section of interview took about half an hour. And after that, there is treatment for all candidates, which is assumed to be a hidden interview. About 5 days later I received rejection. But some interviewees I know they never get any response.

Interview Questions

• Just Java basics, like difference between private and protected, function overload, and other question based on your resume. But Java part is the most important.

HR question is general one, like where do you see yourself in 3 years.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

A brief interview with very little pointed technology questions. The interviewer did not give much feedback, but was excellent. They will pick apart your resume to make sure you're qualified in what you claim to be, but that's normal. If you're a new grad, they will accept you if you have a GPA lower than their minimum, however you need to make a great impression on the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is recursion and what can if be applied to?   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti in March 2015.

Interview

Met bunch of HR interns hiring IT intellectuals, You will be interviewed also by VPs, SVPs etc. All promote on how business development is a part of the job (later you realize that is the only main expected task, how many projects you buy). They are big on getting certified candidates. However this does not qualify the candidate to think good on getting project by himself, when on bench. The bench days are not addressed at the interview, but probably shall be more, due to a lack of good projects Glocally.

Interview Questions

• 1. These are glocal projects, but you are ok with occasional traveling?
      2. We pay on lower side, but we compensate with training, would that be ok?
      3. We expect multiple responsibilities. As consultant you will be responsible for business development with getting business for us. How would you plan that?
      Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

It went on good. Interviewer called on time. Just be prepared with datastructures and basics of SQL. Java is the language they use. Prepare for object oriented stuff. More important is the runtime polymorphism,

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Applied through an online service, went to corporate office for interviews, then went to local office for more interviews. Received an offer a few hours later. The whole process was very weird.

Interview Questions

• Almost no technical questions whatsoever. Very laid back.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

The initial communication from their campus recruiter was very friendly and professional. We met at a coffee shop and spoke about my collegiate experiences and what I was looking for in a career.

The in-office visit consisted of three interviews (tech, HR, and from an account executive). The tech interview went over what technologies I learned in school and how I've applied them in projects. HR interview went over my resume, GPA, coursework, etc. The sales interview went over behavioral questions (fit interview).

Great overall experience.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you would see how *that* lamp over there is broken.   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

Formal, phone + tech+ in person + mngt + HR interview, helps to know someone within, prefer consulting background, good interaction, explained offer and benefits, challenging and unstable when bench in between projects and if you hoping cold with no inside relationships

Interview Questions

• If you wanted to change one thing what would that be?   1 Answer

IT Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sogeti (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. They didn't ask me any technical questions just wanted to get a feel for what I wanted to do with my career path and what I prefer to work on. After the phone interview which was very brief (around 10 mins) they set up a face to face meeting within one week and that again was very brief and more to show me around the office and introduce me to people and I guess ensure I wasn't some sort of crazy person.

Interview Questions

• What is your goal with this career?   1 Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti.

Interview

first there was an initial phone conversation, then a follow up in person interview with the recruiter, then an interview with the client. The whole process was very easy, and there's nothing that you should worry about in the initial phase of getting hired.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard interview question.   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation.