Sogeti Senior Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sogeti Senior Manager Interview Questions

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westchester, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Westchester, IL) in September 2015.

Interview

Sogeti did not want to hire me. I know this because if a company wanted to turn off and, indeed, enrage a job applicant I'm not sure what they would have needed to do differently.

After a series of very favorable contacts, including a fantastic technical call with a senior manager, I was invited for a face to face. Great. I met with my recruiter who was and still is a wonderful, but clearly deceptive face to a very ugly process.

The practice leader was distracted, not fully awake and unable to find a single point on a nearly 2-decade resume with which to attempt a connection. Had he seen it? He stayed 10 minutes despite being scheduled for an hour. Strike one.

The HR head of the Chicago area was next. She also very clearly never read my resume. How do I know? Because when one's most recent title is "Consultant" along with a dozen other instances of the term throughout a resume she asks: "Why are you suddenly interested in consulting?" Her questions were going-through-the-checklist incompetence and her personality is what would have been the result of a genetic cross between a New York cabbie and a brillo pad. Strike and out.

Having had very frequent interface with the cult of big consulting, I have seen some truly reprehensible hiring behavior. But this, bar none, takes the prize. Congratulations. I guess.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sogeti

Anonymous Employee in Dayton, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Dayton, OH) in November 2014.

Interview

Apply online. Initial phone contact by recruiter for clarifications. On the first interview day - interviews by HR & account manager; provide contact details of referees. Second interview day - panel interview by practice manager & other managers; interview with unit VP. Important skills - client relationship management, team mentoring, software development / testing / solutions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where the client was not pleased with your team's output and wanted the work rectified at no cost. How did you manage the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sogeti (Redmond, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

I met with the Sr. VP of the West and Client Partner for the Microsoft account. I was asked general project management questions, dealing with difficult clients, managing employees, and ability to sell consulting services. The office didn’t have a receptionist, so you ring a bell for assistance when you arrive, which seemed a bit odd for a professional consulting firm, but the people I met seemed nice and were personable.

Interview Questions

• Toward the end of my interview with the Sr. VP, I was asked is I was marred, how long I had been marred, did I have any children, and finally how old are my children. I was actually in shock to have been asked any of these questions. Upon the conclusion of that interview I was taken to the HR department to meet with a Sr. Manager for West Region HR, who I shared the question that were asked of me. He said he would follow up with me next week and I never heard from his even after I attempted to contact via email and phone.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2011.

Interview

First phone screen with HR then a series of interviews with local leadership, both with technical personnel and with sales personnel. The interviews were conducted over two separate instances where I came to the local Sogeti office.

Interview Questions

• Good mix of technical questions and general consulting questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who arranged a phone interview with a Sogeti Director. It took several attempts to connect with the interviewer who was too busy to make the phone calls. The phone interview was informal and provided adequate detail about the position requirements. In retrospective, the interviewer provided clues to problems in the organizations ability to perform project based work. The interview was followed by a 1:1 in person interview with a peer. The 1:1 was also informal. Typical questions about style and experience.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or probing questions asked during the interview process. The interview questions were informal and directed at reciting experience and skills already noted on the resume   Answer Question

Negotiation

Although compensation had been discussed during the recruiting and interview process, a substantially lower offer was made, which I rejected (warning sign). After several days a final offer was made which was in-line with the originally discussed compensation requirements.

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Sogeti in June 2011.

Interview

First had a phone interview with a Sogeti recruiter. I then had a phone interview with a practice VP. Each went very well. I then went to the local office and had two face-to-face interviews. The first was with the area VP, and then with the recruiter and the head of HR. Each of those went well, and I was told I would talk to at least one more person. I had a phone interview with the practice guy that would be my boss, and that call went very well too. I then had a call with his boss, another VP in another city. I had been told that would be it, but then I was asked to have a call with the practice VP that I had spoken to earlier in the process. After I spoke with him, it was about two more weeks before I was offered the position.

At every step of the way, each and every person was kind, friendly, helpful and encouraging. That went a long way to me wanting to join Sogeti. When I went in to sign the papers, the VP and an account manager came to say hi, welcome me to the team and we even chatted for about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I make a great salary at my current employer, so I just asked to have a lateral in terms of pay. I was told that puts me at the high end of the range, but they were very open about it. We agreed to terms at the very beginning. It was never an issue. Personally, I find that simple honesty about what you need works best. A company will either meet your number or not.