Sokrati Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sokrati Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Sokrati

2.9

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati.

Interview

I had applied for this company, after being informed of the vacancy at one of the leading social network sites. I forwarded my resume, and got a call soon after from the HR, who asked all the basic HR stuff, like where you are currently working, what is your role, willingness to relocate, etc.
The date for the next interview was told, and I was clearly told next round will be just basic HR stuff only.
When I did receive the call on the scheduled date, it was a full on technical round, which I had to take from office, as I was told it will only be a basic HR round, which was not supposed to last for more than half an hour. I was given two cases, analysis for which took half an hour each, and explanation took another hour. And this stretched till almost 11 in the night.
For next round, I had asked what to expect, and was told i will be evaluated on Client Management. That round was fairly easy, and managed convincing the interviewer regarding my supposed Client Handling skills, in hypothetical scenarios.
Next, i got called by the HR, stating that i have been selected for the final round of interview, and it has to be face to face, as they apparently were very convinced about my abilities. Despite trying hard to negotiate for a Skype interview, they insisted on conducting it Face to Face, which they repeatedly mentioned was extremely urgent, and had to be done at the earliest, but they were unwilling to pay for the airfare, as apparently, its against their policies. Despite this, i was willing to comply with them, and bear the additional charges for the airfare.
When I reached there on the day of the F2F interview, it was hard to locate the office in the first place, it really was on the highway, and there was nothing nearby, you literally had to walk a long way if you even wanted some basic food. After having found the place, I was greeted by the HR, who only mentioned that she'll get the interviewers ready for me. I was still not told anything about what to expect in the day.
I had two rounds of interview, both testing my client management skills in random hypothetical scenarios, which each lasted 45 mins each, post that they broke for lunch, and I was told to that only a formal HR round remains. After a 2 hour wait, my final round of interview began, and it was another technical round, where in the interviewer came with the sole objective of rejecting me, since he apparently was not even convinced about the role i played in my current company.
So after a 6 hour ordeal, finally my interview ended, and i was told the HR would contact me.
After almost 10 days, i had to call the HR up, to know about the status of my candidature, who apparently had completely forgotten that i had come over for an interview, and after 2 days I again had to follow up with her to know about my candidature.
Shoddy behavior from the company through out, and specially from the HR

Interview Questions

• All the questions asked were easy, and i was convinced about my answers, but if the interviewer has a problem against you, there's little you can do to convince him/her   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sokrati

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sokrati in March 2015.

Interview

I got a call from the interviewer and she asked me about myself, I answered her. It was a telephonic interview and there was a lot of disturbance so I asked her to call me back and she did after a while and the disturbance was even more. We again began with the interaction and she wanted to know more about my extracurricular activities than my curriculum.Then I was asked why I wanted to join Sokrati and brief on the company if I knew about it. It was casual not so serious so we began with the questions then.

Interview Questions

• Q1 If you have a box in front of you and it has equal number of black and white balls and you are blind folded then in how many attempts can you have 1 pair of same colour balls?   2 Answers
    • Q2 There are 2 trains A and B moving towards each other. A is at a speed of 100kmph B is at a speed of 70kmph. There is a crow sitting on train A and when A and B are 200km apart from each other the crow starts flying towards B at a speed of 30kmph. How much time Will it take the crow to reach B.   4 Answers
    • Q3 It was a guesstimate question. How many tubelights may be there in nagpur.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune (India)).

Interview

1st Round - Telephonic Aptitude Interview (Around an hour or so)
    2nd Round - Face to face interview with 2 employees
    3rd Round - Face to face interview with one of the CEO's (same day)

Please note that even though the position was of a Business Analyst, all the F2F questions I was asked were for a team lead. This might be because of my seniority in front of the other employees which are usually recent graduates (I have 3 years of experience- so not that senior).
    Anyways, I thought it was a little unfair to ask me questions about leading a team and marketing domain since I had made clear that this was a new field for me beforehand. Also, I was given no intimation that this job requires managing a team (if you check their website, the BA position nowhere mentions leading a team as description or criteria)

Suggestion- They pride on their very young culture so might want to put you in a senior level immediately (which is definitely a good thing), so please be prepared with leading a team answers if you have a few years of experience.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage a team? How will you handle the scenario since most people younger than you will have more domain knowledge than you do? If we give you 4 people in a team, how will you make sure you don't differentiate between them?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sokrati.

Interview

Indepth Two rounds of telephonic interview - First Analytical round,Second Case studies round
    Analytical - Five or Six Quant questions..purely logic based
    Case Studies- Five short case studies;among all of them common challenge was to find the target audience and splitting of advertisement budget between SEO and Good adds

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (New Delhi (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied through Referral, Process included 3 rounds : 1st two were telephonic and 3rd round Skype interview. 1st round had puzzles and guesstimates. 2nd round was a little bit random. But was mainly about digital advertising. Final round was general: why sokrati,strengths and weaknesses, what do you see yourself doing in future etc

Interview Questions

• No of credit card users in India/Pune/Delhi etc
      Simple Puzzles like : 3 cats on the vertices of equilateral triangle move along edges with equal and constant speed. Find probability that they will meet(any two or all three)   2 Answers

Negotiation

The package initially is low, but you have great opportunity for growth in the company. Self Appraisals, and quick promotion will get you to the industry standards in no time

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

There were 4 rounds.
    1) Tell me about yourself and about sokrati. This was just to check if you have read about the company
    I cleared 3 rounsand then the next interview was scheduled.
    2) Aptitude questions and guesstimate questions.
    3) Case studies and questions on team work and management and guesstimate questions.
    4) HR interview.

First 3 were telephonic rounds and then HR was at their office. I cleared the first 3 rounds easily.
    HR was also great but unfortunately dint get selected. Their process is too slow and I had read a lot of complains about their process and I faced the same. They did not even give the reason for rejection. Pathetic attitude.

Interview Questions

• A) General questions

1)tell me about yourself
      2)tell me about sokrati   Answer Question
    • B)Aptitude questions
      1) You have 9 balls, weight of one ball is less and you have a weighing machine (old one, balanced weight) .. How many iterations will you require to find out the ball with less weight?

2)Now you have 9 balls and one ball is faulty, you dont know if the weight is less or more, how many iterations?

3)you have a log of wood, to cut it in 3 parts you require 6 mins. how much time will it take to cut it in 6parts?

4) Guesstimate:
      How many tubelights are there in pune?   Answer Question
    • C) Case studies:
      1) Could you tell me the questions asked in last round?

2) what are the things the Prime minister should know on a dails basis? As he is a busy person and there are various other ministers for different things. (not things such as meetings etc)

3) you have 5 workers in your team, 3 out of them are on a leave and you have 3 high priority clients who need their work to be done urgently,what would you do?

4)you are the manager , one of your team member has done a mistake in budget allocation and has over spent and the client is not ready to pay the extra amount. what would you do?

5) budget 1 crore for an eCommerce website publicity on facebook. how would you use it?

6)guesstimate how many ola cabs are there in bangalore

7) 3 crore.. have to spend 10 lacks everyday, one day you spend 15 what would you do?   1 Answer
    • D) HR
      1)Tell me one thing which is not there in your resume

2)questions asked before

3)strengths weakness

4)why sokrati?

5)why digital field?

6)why business analyst?

7) one incident when you felt like giving up but still completed the task.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn. It consisted of 5 rounds .
    1.Telephonic interview -General what I am doing now- Nov 28-2015
    2.Telephonic interview - Puzzles, Guesstimates , case study -Dec-03-2015
    3.Telephonic interview- Case studies, internship related, Managerial -behavioral Questions -Dec-14-2015
    4.Skype interview- Managerial -behavioral questions, Hr questions (tell me about yourself, weakness,strength, role model ,challenges )- Dec-24th -2015.
    5.Skype interview - Mostly about of internships,one psychometric-case interview ( general situation case analysis ).

Interview Questions

• General puzzles. Most important thing here is ,even-though puzzles are simple,but you should explain properly .
      Questions like :- Ants moving on circumference of square ,what is probability of meeting ?
      wood and cut related puzzle.
      aptitude related questions .
      some 2 other puzzles .you can easily answer those questions
      Estimate number of transaction through online tomorrow in Delhi
      Team management related questions .
      case studies
      Airtel 4G sim launch in middle east countries ,what all factors required to keep in mind while entering into market.
      You will be given 3-4 startup Ideas,then you have choose one among them and say why you want to invest in that startup ,why not in other two startup.
      Market entering cases,identifying target audience questions.
      Client -related questions,how you will prioritize clients ?
      If you are going in plane ,in between it is crashed in deserted island ,how you will handle this situation.
      Hr-
      tell me about yourself ,Weakness, strength, role model, most difficult situation ,how you managed it .
      Be thorough with your CV.

Be organic,natural ,tell answers in your own style ,decent communication skills, strong team work .
      comments :-

I got call from HR stating that I am placed but I haven't received offer letter .As I am in final year ,after completion of my graduation I will receive a offer letter.
      Interviewers are really cool enough .
      But it is time taking process ,please be patient in order to make through the final .

For more queries and want to know any other things
      contact me
      LinkedIn name :- Kadarla Manoj Kumar

Wish you all the best !   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Sokrati in January 2016.

Interview

Its better if you don't go for interview as they don't have proper hiring managers. They won't select you even though you answer everything , so u will be disappointed unnecessarily and waste your time going to their office. If you are out of station candidates , don't go .

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sokrati in February 2015.

Interview

It was a campus recruitment.Around 200 students sat for this company.The first round was an aptitude test , from which around 30 students were selected for the GD round which was on the same day itself.There were 3 groups in the GD of 10 students each.From the GD round 9 students, 3 from each group were selected for the next round.
    The next round was a telephonic round consisting of HR questions, guesstimates and puzzles.Again 3 people advanced to the second telephonic round which was almost similar to the first telephonic round.Only one person advanced to the final round which was through skype.It was just a formal round with mere focus on details.

Interview Questions

• Guesstimate- What is your favourite car and how many such cars are presebt in your home town?
      How many traffic signals are present in your home town?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I interviewed at Sokrati in February 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed on phone
    1st round was basic puzzles and case studies

2nd round was also phone based . case studies and puzzles

3rd round was Skype interview. It was stress interview . why sokrati ? What would you do if you want to increase sales for rummy circle