Sokrati Software Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sokrati Software Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sokrati

3.5

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune (India)) in February 2015.

Interview

All questions are related to DB,DS, system architectures and real time application system designs. starts with simple questions and goes upto the product design and derivations.Around 8 rounds of interview contains phone screens or 1:1 most of the times. 4 rounds measures the skills for DS, DB, logic, coding and then if everything goes well you can appear to the sys design problems. Great interview experience

Interview Questions

• system design of parking system, substring programs and few database queries with few datastructure problems   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sokrati

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

There are total 5 round's
    1)coding round
    2)1'st telephonic interview
    3)2'nd telephonic interview
    4)face to face interview
    5)final coding round

Requirements for clearing the rounds-

You should be good in problem solving. You should be able to break big problem in to smaller problem and solve those problems to get the final solution of big problem. They are interested in problem solving approach.

Interview Questions

• Round 1(coding round)-
      Given a matrix find all possible combinations of numbers which are in different rows for example consider a matrix [1 2 3] [4 5 6 ] [ 7 8 9] and expected answer is (1 4 7)(1 4 8 ) (1 4 9) (1 5 7) (1 5 8) (1 5 9) and so on ...
      The solution is easy by applying backtracking and recursion

Round 2 -
      There were 2 types of questions
      1- data structures
      2- OOPS concepts
      1) data structures questions-
      1: You are given an array which contains both positive and negative numbers and you are supposed to find 3 numbers whose product is maximum
      2: delete a node in the linked list which is pointed by some pointer , there is not head pointer so you can't traverse the linked list from start
      3: given a binary tree find whether it is binary search tree or not
      4: find the middle element of the linked list
      2) OOPS concepts-
      Define overloading and overriding , and difference between them

Round 3:
      There were some basic question and some data structure questions
      1) Stages of compiler design
      2)Importance of register variables in C
      3) volatile key word in C
      4) volatile key word in the context of code optimization
      5) there is a tree in the main memory of computer, you need to store it so that you can reconstruct the tree what will your approach
      6) find the diameter of binary tree where diameter=length of left subtree + length of right subtree+1(for root)
      7) consider the situation that you want to update an existing android system what will be your approach

Round 4:
      This is the most challenging and exciting round in the overall interview process
      1) Questions about final year project
      2)union of 2 arrays
       ( you are expected to know complexity of each approach before telling the approach, brute force or naive approach should mostly avoid, use of collections such as set and map are not allowed even if you want to use them you should know internal working of those collections)
      3) Difference between linked list and tree (this one was crazy and I think interviewer was testing my confidence and patience both, according to him linked list is not necessarily a linear data structure)
      4) 25 horses puzzle
      5)There are n weights and m buckets, you are supposed to write an algorithm to distribute these n weights in to m buckets evenly
      For example consider that there are 4 weights of values 2,4,6,8 and there are 2 buckets then distribution will be 2 and 8 in one bucket , 4 and 6 in another one) although the problem seems to be easy at first glance, it is difficult to write a generic algorithm for this problem.
      There was one more round but I was eliminated from 4'th round   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune (India)) in April 2015.

Interview

1 coding round + 3 Telephone Interviews + 2 F2F.
    The coding round had a Tree based problem a matrix manipulation.
    The phone interviews were very good and the interviewers tried to bring the best out of me.
    In the face to face interviews too the questions were similar, data-structures and SQL.

Interview Questions

• Basic Data-structures, Linked Lists, Trees, TRIE, hash-maps,   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview process is very tough. They asked you flipkart, Adobe level questions. But after you join company you realize that work is very minimal, tedious and very very simple. You think that they are asking this level of questions so they must be doing something very good, innovative and challenging. But reality is far from that.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No comments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune (India)).

Interview

First there was online coding round based on recursion . then there was telephonic round , asked algo ,dbms questions
    DSA, OOPS, DBMS. DSA question are from hashing, searching, linked list, binary trees, heaps etc.

Interview Questions

• dbms queries, oops concepts, algo design , data structure   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune (India)) in May 2015.

Interview

Worst experience with a recruitment process. I Applied online through website and had to go through following rounds:

1. Coding round- Passed easily.
    2. First telephony interview- 45 minutes, based on concepts of Data structures and logics
    3. Second Telephony interview- 45 minutes, based on similar concepts along with DBMS and OOPS
    4. First Skype Face 2 face round- It was supposed to be face to face but it was actually face to screen, based on similar concepts and logical questions as first two interviews.
    5. Second Skype- Only 2 questions asked and interviewer could not understand my solutions fully so rejected me.

Recruitment process is very slow and not well organized.

Interview Questions

• How to take union of two arrays   1 Answer
    • 25 horses, 5 race lanes, How many races required to find top 3.   2 Answers

Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sokrati in March 2015.

Interview

2 round telephonic interview , 1 round skype interview , mainly focussed on Data Structure and algorithm, Data base management system, interviewer was good in data structure . they were mainly looking for problem solving skill.

Interview Questions

• find the middle element of link list, detect loop in link list   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sokrati in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through there website then after some 20 days the HR called me and asked me when can I join and told me that there will be an telephonic interview on the next day.
    After that I was asked to give one more interview then they sent an reject email.

Interview Questions

• They were pretty basic, all question were based on array or strings in the first interview.
      The second interview was pretty much the same but the interviewer asked me to tell me the code.
      How can I tell code on phone, anyways I tried and made my thought process clear.
      This time the interviewer was trying hard to confuse me and asked repeatedly the same questions.
      Overall I think it was okay and I think the second interviewer didn't like my tone.
      Though I answered all his questions they rejected me.   Answer Question

Software Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sokrati in January 2015.

Interview

College on-Campus process:
    Day 1:Online Aptitude-20 questions(technical 16 + 4 quant).Easy.Average guy good in C can get above 12.At the end of apti you could see your score and answers to the questions.After waitng till 5pm for the results(next rounds) our tpo said that sokrati's system crashed and we have to give apti again.
    they provided us same questions in google forms of whose answers we all knew(remember their previous test provided us answers).So everyone,i believe got 20/20.But luckily their system came back to life and our previous scores were considered.Thus they wasted an entire day.

Day 2:Coding round:16/70(approx) were shortlisted.Two codes:1) first was something related to array and to test how well you can handle loops.2) Whether a binary tree is symmetric(mirror image)?We were not supposed to compile code but to just write it there on their editor and our entire session was recorded.They mainly wanted to see how you write a code and your thinking process.

Day 3:Phone interview:The guy told me that he was keen to judge my problem solving ability.
    1) Asked me famous FizzBuzz question and told me to reduce conditions.
    2) In an array of only 1's and 0's how would you count no. of 1s and 0s without compairing and then modified it to array of 3s and 5s.
    3) Loop in a linked list.
    4) Tree:Told me to print a binary tree in zigzag manner level wise(basically Breadth first search in zigzag manner).Hint:use 2 datastructures(my answer: queue and stack) .
    I managed to answer almost all questions and he also seemed happy and satisfied but then I never received any further calls from their side.

Day 4:One of my friend received 2nd call and questions related to Sorting and DBMS were asked.
    Day 5: Same friend received a skype call and he finally got selected.

The entire process spanned a week.

Software Design Engineer Interview

Interview

3 telephonic inerviews, 1 face to face. Starts with basics. Level increases with next level. Basics like Data structures, logical, puzzels, database should be crystal clear if you want to get selected. Each interview takes around hour or so.