Sokrati Software Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sokrati Software Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sokrati

4.0

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

Aptitude test held at college + 1 coding round held at college + 4 technical rounds were held at company location(all are eliminative and 4th round was technical + HR).The entire interview process took around 15 days. The company people were bit late in giving results after each interview.

Interview Questions

• SOKRATI
        It was an on campus drive at PICT in which about 500 students registered. They started with aptitude test of 30 marks for 30 min. which included 30 questions. Entire test was technical and completely based on data structures and that’s the reason I could clear it.
    • 28 students shortlisted after aptitude test.
    • Then there was a coding round each student had a unique problem statement provided by a company.
    • Only 5 students managed to clear coding round. And were called for an Interview at their company location.
    THERE WERE 4 TECHNICAL ROUNDS AND ALL WERE ELIMINATIVE.
    ROUND I
    This round took about 50-55 mins.
    1. Tell me about your mini-project.
    2. MongoDb vs. Mysql
    3. Why did you use mongoDb in your project?
    4. Asked me to design Complex nested sub queries.
    5. Difference between where and having clause.
    6. Design a schema for whatsapp.
    7. Then asked me to normalize that schema.
    8. Gave me some tables and asked me to design queries which retrieve necessary information.
    9. Asked me about the joins.
    10. What are triggers?
    11. Tell me some Object Oriented programming features.
    12. Gave example of facebook notification i.e. events , birthdays, game requests etc. and told me to design proper classes or methods by making appropriate use of oops features.
    13. Then asked same question but for the facebook profile this time which included comments, sub comments, likes, mutual friends etc.
    STATUS: ROUND CLEARED. (Only 3 students left)

ROUND II
    This round took about 30-35 mins.
    This interviewer had an experience in Amazon USA for 6 years.
    1. Tell me your favorite data structure.
    2. Tell me interesting (which students generally don’t say) difference between Linked list and arrays.
    I told him difference in terms of time complexity and he was happy.
    3. What library function in C++ will you use so that there will be no duplication in a set of numbers.
    And answer was in question itself.
    4. Gave some scenario and asked me to find breakage point in an array.
    5. Asked me about which data structure will you use to implement BFS and then asked me to write code for it.
    6. Then he asked questions like finding loop in a linked list without modifying given structure (not to use flag which changes the structure).
    7. Then he looked into my resume and asked me about the android rooting.
    This was the part where I could impress him the most.

STATUS: ROUND CLEARED (only 2 students left).

ROUND III
    This round took about 1hr 15 mins.
      Only one question was asked in the entire interview which was based on “n-ary trees”.
    A huge complex (tough to grasp, too many conditions) problem statement was given and I was asked to write complete code for it using pen and paper (this was worst part).
    I started with the code and every 10-15 mins. I came up with different solutions. But every time interviewer expected something extra from me(he was not satisfied with the solutions).I tried my best for about 1 hr. But interviewer had some other approaches in his mind and he expected me to reach to those solutions, sadly I couldn’t.
         STATUS: ELIMINATED.

HR came and told me about the elimination and told me that I can register again with good preparation after 3-4 months (which is the formality that every HR does, I guess).
    After that I cannot even express my thoughts to you which reverberated in my mind for about 3-4 hrs (Sad moment till day).
    I even can’t imagine how close I was from the company which is part of top ten startups of India and of course which has the best economical growth as well.
    But rest assured hard work will be paid off one day.
    This is just the beginning.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Sokrati

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sokrati (Pune (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Total four rounds including one coding round. First two telephonic rounds.One face to face and coding round in Sokrati office.

Interview Questions