Solar Turbines Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

43 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Got a call from recruiter and was told they were hiring and interviewing ASAP. Went into the interview nervous but was able to collect my thoughts and show my true self by the end of the interview. Lots of situation based question.

Field Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA).

Interview

There was a phone interview with the head of the department and HR, they asked basic questions about my experience, education, and engineering basics. I was asked to troubleshoot a problem with a car as a problem solving question. I then did a in person interview, where you have 3 or 4 people ask you pre-written questions regarding different situations that involved: trust, honesty, speaking up, etc.

Interview Questions

• There is a customer that is irate that their equipment is not working, how do you get them to calm down and allow you to get to work?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

received a phone call and email from a recruiter to set up a phone interview. I responded with the dates and times that I was available. After almost a week of no response I emailed again expressing my interest in working for the company as I thought of Solar Turbines as a top notch company. I heard nothing. I then called and left a voicemail message, again, expressing my interest for the position but I still received no response. I continued to periodically call in order to speak with the recruiter in person, however, they were unavailable. I understand that getting a hold of someone via phone can be hard and can result in a long game of phone tag. However, I called one time and the recruiter picked up and then immediately hung up. I find all of this extremely unprofessional. I was in the process of scheduling an interview and never heard anything back. It wouldnt take long to tell me or even send an automated email that the position was filled or unavailable instead of cutting off communication and leaving me to assume that someone else was hired, especially considering that I was contacted and in the hiring process. I wont let this experience affect my view on the type of caliber that Solar Turbines attracts in terms of their employees but I have never experienced anything like this and like I said, it is extremely unprofessional.

Quality Control Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Went through a staffing agency. Set up my interview. Group panel interview with 4 people. They ask me all behavioral type question, nothing technical. Didn't get offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain something complex?   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Stereotypical process: HR --> hiring manager --> on-site interview (panel).

Never heard back from them. Called after 2 weeks to the recruiter (Solar, not external) and 3 weeks to hiring manager with no call back. You would like to think they would at least send an email. They're response to my question "tell me more about the massive 2015-2016 layoffs" was not well thought out so that kind of scared me away. The place seemed very old and run down. Needs a facelift for sure. Still it is unprofessional to not let someone know they didn't get the job after they went on site.

Interview Questions

• All behavioral scenarios:
      Tell me about a time when you made a mistake and had to recover.
      Safety is very important. When did safety affect your engineering problem solving.
      What training have you had and how did you use it in the real world.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

There were three interviewers asking standardized behavioral questions, and I was interviewed by one of them at a time, all accountants related to this position (I believe). They are very nice people, even working to make me feel less nervous.

Interview Questions

• Talk about yourself and introduce about your past experience; describe one of your achievements that you are proud of at work.   Answer Question

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA).

Interview

3 interviews. First was a phone screening with the contractor( personal questions). Second interview was a conference call with the project manager, project owner and couple engineers (technical questions). Third interview was in person with the same people ( behavioral questions).

Interview Questions

• Recall a project were you went above and beyond. Recall a time where you had to work with team members who you disagreed with. Be ready for 2 or 3 follow up questions to every answer.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with HR.
    3 weeks later: Onsite Panel interview with hiring managers and few other managers. They had a list of behavior questions to ask going around the table for an hour. Then a plant tour for another hour. 30 minute wrap up with the HR.
    For the plant tour you need to have long pants and closed toe shoes- this is mentioned in the email you will receive from the HR to confirm your onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone who did not want to do the job.
      Describe a time when you had to finish a project with minimum supervision.
      Describe a time when following the safety rules helped you in you at work.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

1- 30 minute phone interview with HR.
    2- a:Onsite panel interview with the hiring manager for the role and three other managers. asking behavioral questions going around the table. b: plant tour (long pants and closed toe shoes required, safety glasses are provided) c: 30 minute interview with the HR- this part is mostly for you to ask your questions from the HR.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to finish a project with minimum supervision.
      Describe a time when following the safety rules helped you at work.
      Describe a time when you had to work with someone who didnt want to do their job.   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA).

Interview

1 hour of mostly behavioral questions with 3 hiring managers. Technical questions were only asked to see thought process. After was a shop floor tour with one of the managers

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an ethical decision?   Answer Question