Solar Turbines Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 8, 2017

2.8

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA).

Interview

3 interviews. First was a phone screening with the contractor( personal questions). Second interview was a conference call with the project manager, project owner and couple engineers (technical questions). Third interview was in person with the same people ( behavioral questions).

Interview Questions

• Recall a project were you went above and beyond. Recall a time where you had to work with team members who you disagreed with. Be ready for 2 or 3 follow up questions to every answer.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

30 minute phone interview with HR.
    3 weeks later: Onsite Panel interview with hiring managers and few other managers. They had a list of behavior questions to ask going around the table for an hour. Then a plant tour for another hour. 30 minute wrap up with the HR.
    For the plant tour you need to have long pants and closed toe shoes- this is mentioned in the email you will receive from the HR to confirm your onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work with someone who did not want to do the job.
      Describe a time when you had to finish a project with minimum supervision.
      Describe a time when following the safety rules helped you in you at work.
      Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

1- 30 minute phone interview with HR.
    2- a:Onsite panel interview with the hiring manager for the role and three other managers. asking behavioral questions going around the table. b: plant tour (long pants and closed toe shoes required, safety glasses are provided) c: 30 minute interview with the HR- this part is mostly for you to ask your questions from the HR.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to finish a project with minimum supervision.
      Describe a time when following the safety rules helped you at work.
      Describe a time when you had to work with someone who didnt want to do their job.
      Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA).

Interview

1 hour of mostly behavioral questions with 3 hiring managers. Technical questions were only asked to see thought process. After was a shop floor tour with one of the managers

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make an ethical decision?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward. I went through one phone interview that lasted 30 minutes and then one in person interview, followed by a tour of the site. The questions were all behavioral. They want you to talk about specific events and accomplishments, and they want to know if you are good at working with others. The interviewers were very friendly and made me feel less nervous. I interviewed in front of 5 people that worked for Solar.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a hiring agency and my resume was submitted to the hiring manager. A few days later, I was given a face-to-face interview and, a few days after that, an offer was extended. I did not accept the offer, though I wanted to, due to agency's unwillingness to negotiate rate.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a gas turbine operates? Recall a time when you had to teach yourself something. What type of people do you hate working with the most?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied online via college job board. Got an email to setup an interview two weeks or so later. Interviewed with the supervisor of the department and the contractor. Very friendly, it was quite evident that the department company culture was (as they put it), "like a family." Went smoothly, got the job offer about a week later.

Interview Questions

• Mainly common behavioral questions -- e.g.: what would you do in _____ situation, tell me a time _______, etc.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Coordinator/Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

This was supposed to be a temporary role, starting off with a 6 month contract. I applied through a staffing agency, met up with them for an initial getting-to-know-you interview, and was contacted by the agency HR representative for an on-site interview here after the company showed interest in my resume.

They use the STAR Panel Interview process, where there were 3 to 4 interviewers taking turns asking you questions.

The process took about two weeks, and I started the job about a week and a half after the interview. There was a drug test and background check after the offer as well.

Interview Questions

• They ask you questions based on your previous experiences. I answered with experiences from my previous jobs and school experiences.   1 Answer

Negotiation

None, the staffing agency gave me a set hourly wage

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I was set up with the interview through a hiring firm. The interview me speaking to 4 different individuals, three with accounting backgrounds and one in HR. The interview was mostly situational asking me about my past. Overall I really enjoyed talking with the people I worked with, but the decision making process on their end was extremely drawn out (it took me roughly two weeks to get a rejection) for a position in which it was only me and one other candidate were interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had difficulty working in a group environment.   1 Answer

Mechanical Design Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Solar Turbines (San Diego, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a basic phone interview about 2 months later. Interviewer was polite and friendly, but I have not heard back yet. The interview was basic, asking a few questions about past experience and your interests.