SolarCity Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SolarCity Analyst Interview Questions

3.2

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (San Mateo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

This review is for a corporate role in the San Mateo office.

Typical process - HR phone call, Manager phone call, and in-person interview with 4 members of the team/management. One of the interviewers was higher level management who asked insightful, penetrating questions that proved quickly if the candidate had the skills requested or not. The other interviews were more casual.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well with men? (Most of the transportation industry is male-dominated and of an older generation. The interview panel were all men.)   Answer Question

Team was very friendly, the position interesting, and the company mission exciting. However, I was surprised with the final offer after hearing all the wonderful comments about the company from current/past employees and reading the reviews online.

The company's benefits package is average for an industrial company - think no 401(k) match, below market salaries according to Glassdoor (although the company does offer RSU's to employees that vest after 1yr), and strict vacation/personal day policy (1.5 weeks your first year and no time in first 90 days). I truly hope it is not company practice, but my offer was made on a Friday, and they expected an answer by Monday, or "they had other candidates"...

All in all, the experience led to more questions about the work culture; my impression is the style is more like a blue-collar work-place and not what one would expect or often find in the Bay area.

Do your homework, talk to as many people as you can in the company (preferably at corporate). The company is experiencing high growth and there seem to be very promising avenues for growth and development.

Other Interview Reviews for SolarCity

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (San Mateo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Internally referred by a friend who worked there. Phone call with recruiter a week or two later. Had phone interview with hiring manager that same week. Then did a half-day interview on-site at their corporate headquarters the following week. Heard back with an offer the following week, and was given about 24 hours to make a decision.

Interview Questions

• A mix of questions about my personality/work style, skills, and career ambitions.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Recruiter was nice and friendly. I applied for a different position, however she referred me to another department and was hired and happy to have been selected for that opportunity.

Initial interview was review of basic qualifications and advising of what the position entails, goals for position and salary requirements.

There was a second interview as a 3 panel interview with two supervisors and Director of department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation was handled. However, in the interview they had stated the position would be M-F 8-5, then shifts were changed to include Saturdays.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

1. Phone. Check.
    2. Phone with more important person. Check.
    3. 1/2 day interview with 5 team members. Check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just do it.