SolarCity Field Energy Consultant- Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SolarCity Field Energy Consultant- Sales Interview Questions

Interviews at SolarCity

1.9

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SolarCity (Santa Ana, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

smooth ...digital process interview. From the time that I submit the resume, to the time I got an offer happens within one week. Call then email from recruiter showing interest, the email sent to fill out assessment and technical questionairs about using microsoft out look, computer,,etc..Then more answer to online offer packet, fill out background check document online.

Interview Questions

• What make you interested in working for the company   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SolarCity

Field Energy Consultant- Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity in December 2014.

Interview

It was mostly over the phone and final interview in person. Questions asked were basic 'canned' questions like, tell us about a time you had a difficult client, how did you handle that. It was obvious during the interview process that they are having growth pains. I was told it was due to growing pains, but after becoming employed you know it is partially true. One quickly learns it is also due to the high turnover. A company with explosive growth and high turnover ratio is alarming.

Interview Questions

• Do you work well independently?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarCity (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Completed resume and application online, completed phone interview, completed interview with regional sales manager and case account manager, completed drug test, had five references complete online survey, and final online paperwork.

Interview Questions

• How do you take no's? How well did you do at your other jobs? Why do you not work there anymore?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SolarCity (Marlborough, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online, short initial phone screen, then in person with two people including hiring manager. I think nearly anyone that wants this job can get it. The question is do you want it and can you reasonably make the money you need to make and will you be happy working nights and weekends?

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SolarCity and why do you want to sell for them?   1 Answer

The compensation is on par with an entry level job. I also would not want to wait six months to collect a commission check. Many factors outside of salesperson's control which would affect earnings.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SolarCity (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to a general monthly orientation meeting to get a overview of the company meet and greet local regional and general managers. Watched quick twenty minute video. Got a call next day from a recruiter. Took a on-line test, then got call for a interview. The actual interview was very quick less than 30 minutes introduced to the district manager and was interviewed by the area manager.

Interview Questions

• He asked about my personal background what award from previous job. Knowledge about Solar City. Why Solar City?   Answer Question

Field Energy Consultant- Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SolarCity in February 2009.

Interview

while when I was hired the interview was a one step process, I beleive now it is a two to three step one.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none, this is it and take it or leave it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SolarCity (Paterson, NJ) in March 2014.

Interview

First they ask you to come in for an interview then a follow up interview. Not a real interview per say, they just wanted to know if I was ok working on weekends.

Field Energy Consultant- Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SolarCity.

Interview

Ridiculously easy...makes me wonder

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SolarCity (Sacramento, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Submitted resume Monday Phone interview with recruiter Tuesday( just described job description) in-person interview wed ( informal, getting to know me). final phone interview Thursday with verbal job offer. Next, background/drug screening.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be successful at solar city?   1 Answer

Negotiation

only a verbal job offer from regional manager on the final phone interview...still waiting on background and drug testing, no negotiation on my part yet

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, DE

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SolarCity (Wilmington, DE).

Interview

It was very quick but had a number of steps, phone interview, Skype, online test,, face to face interview and very brief Skype with director. It was all done in 5 days~

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None