SolarFlare Communications Principal Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SolarFlare Communications Principal Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at SolarFlare Communications

1 Interview Review

Principal Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarFlare Communications (Irvine, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume to LinkedIn. Got call from HR within a day. Had phone screen first from HR (lasted about half an hour). Came in for first on-site interview with VP of Engineering. Very good discussion. Asked me to describe and explain some of my previous projects. After that, called in for second on-site interview with Engineering team (Layout, CAD, Digital ASIC. Product Engineering, Analog Design (Hiring manager), and HR). Very good experience. Came away very impressed with the knowledge and professionalism of entire team! I was impressed that HR had some degree of understanding of how to improve the chances of first-pass silicon success by means of implementing design checklists (for example).

Interview Questions

• How would you design ESD for mixed-signal chip with separate grounds and supplies for analog and digital sections of chip?   Answer Question