SolarWinds Inside Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

2.4

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview process was awesome! I met with a sales manager and sales director who asked me great relevant questions and gave me the chance to ask them plenty of questions. All in all I felt they were respectful of my time and didn't just fluff the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions but the one that stood out was "What makes you feel you'd be a good candidate for this role and what can I expect from you if you were offered the position?"   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for SolarWinds

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Lehi, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen for 30-45 just trying to get to know you. Then meet with team lead. And then a demo call with one of the directors. They were very good and nice and professional. Didn't feel overhwelmed made me feel like they wanted me to be there. I would recommend this company for sure

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarWinds.

Interview

Thorough interview process consisting of 3 separate interviews on 3 different days. Management seems to be looking for someone they can depend on to be persistent, open to change, and will to succeed.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX).

Interview

Over the phone with HR, then in person with multiple managers, then a facilities tour...if they like you you interview with another round of managers..they then meet amongst themselves to see who is a good fit and for what team. Extend the verbal offer same day then at the mercy of HR to get a solid start date..took about 2 weeks to start

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I was first brought on as a temp. When I submitted my resume, it only took about two weeks for them to call me. I was living in another city and they scheduled a phone interview for the next day and said it would be about 30 minutes to an hour long. During the interview I realized that it was a behavioral interview (which seems to be all the rage these days) and I was not prepared for that kind of interview which may have been a good thing because I was completely honest with all of my answers. I came away from the interview feeling like I had completely bombed it and his tone of voice and curtness left me with a less than hopeful expectation of success. Almost exactly 24 hours later, the interviewer called me and said that he wanted to offer me a temp position (Telephone Qualification, or TQ) which was only guaranteed to last for two months. I was told that this two months would also act as a sort of "ongoing interview" which would help them decide whether or not they wanted to hire me on full-time.

After having worked there for nine weeks, I had become the de facto team lead of the TQ team by coaching teammates, sharing quality advice/strategy, outlasting 8 other temps that were let go in brutal fashion, and assisting our manager during meetings just out of habit. I also hit the metrics they expected me to achieve, only passed along quality leads, and educated myself on product knowledge in my spare time.

Once the two months was nearing an end (which just so happened to be the end of Q1) I had been told by my manager that while I was a hard worker, was very intelligent, impressive, a natural leader, and that my technical knowledge made me dangerous in a good way, I was twice denied a position on his team because he felt that I was too verbose, was not cocky or arrogant enough, I was not a natural salesperson and that because of this it was going to be much harder for me to get it full-time position even though everyone had great things to say about me 99% of the time, and that I needed to be more succinct.

Apparently this May have been a motivational tactic and it worked. I started reaching out to other managers asking for a few minutes of their time to discuss open positions and why they should give me one. The four other people that interviewed me for their teams they all were impressed with me and they all wanted me on their team, but only one of them had the spot available to offer me a position. All of the interviews were fairly informal, one on one, and basically their way of trying to gauge whether or not I would be worth the risk or investment and whether or not I would be able to contribute to their team success. I feel like everyone I talked to had been honest straightforward, caring, and were overall intelligent people.

Interview Questions

• "What can you bring to this job that makes you the right person to hire?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview was pretty much straight forward with very clear and objective questions and the interviewers acted always in a polite and respectful manner. The whole process from the 1st phone interview to hiring took about 10 days.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Recruiter schedules a short phone interview. Then a face to face if you impress. Interview style depends on the manager. Everyone is pretty intelligent so be able to think on your toes. This is a fast moving company so adaptability and a competitive nature is a must. Previous sales background is required (possible exceptions).

Interview Questions

• I enjoyed the interview. Spoke mostly about my prior experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX).

Interview

Quick process. Short phone screen then meet with sales managers.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

At the time it was an interview with VP and then passed onto regional managers for the green light into their territories. No long, not drawn out. Now, my experience has been that interviews are not well thought out and when folks are brought in, it's a who's available or not out to lunch to facilitate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is no negotiating - base and commission are set in stone; take it or leave it.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cork (Ireland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Cork (Ireland)) in October 2015.

Interview

I received call from hiring manager, we had a 20minute casual chat. I was then invited to interview.
    On interview day, I met with hiring manager again, then with the sales manager and finally, the sales director.

Interview Questions

• Desgribe a big sales win from your current/ previous role   Answer Question