SolarWinds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

39 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Cambridge, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 3 days. Phone screening with recruiter, followed by a small data challenge, which I sent back the day after. Then, had a phone conversation with hiring manager. Received a rejection email the next day.

The process doesn't respect the candidate's time. Time consuming steps are at the beginning and then the decision based on a phone call later, which they should have done first.

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SolarWinds in August 2017.

Interview

I would never work for this company or recommend them to anyone. The recruiter emailed me multiple times, forgetting when we scheduled our phone call, and then was a no show for the phone interview.

Email Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SolarWinds in August 2017.

Interview

The hr manager initially double booked me and another person for the phone screening interview. When the interview time came and went I emailed her she explained what happened and requested moving it to another day at the same time.

When the next attempt came I waited 15 mom passed the time and then called her line. No answer. She called back and said she was typing up notes from the previous interview still and had another interview coming up in 15 min, and could she bump it back to another time that same day.

The phone interview itself was fine and they decided to not go forward with me as a candidate. I just thought she handled it poorly.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through several calls (almost too many) with the recruiter and then moved to the next step to interview with one of the team leads. I received very positive feedback throughout. The team lead I interviewed with wanted to know about my technical background. I've been in the tech industry a while, but the guy I interviewed with told me not to worry too much about being overly technical. So I made it to the third round. Instead of asking me marketing questions, he starts to quiz me on technical terms and it bordered on berating me with these questions. He didn't ask me one marketing question.

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was very excited about the position and the prospect of working at such a successful company. However, I was very disappointed by the interview process. I only had the initial phone screen which was rushed and started with asking me my desired hourly rate. That alone was very unusual. The interview didn't last long and I was told that I would be contacted back later that same day about next steps. It's been 2 weeks and I never heard anything from the recruiter. Whether positive or negative, I would have appreciated a response from them. All my excitement about solarwinds has ended due to the interview process. Not impressed at all!

Anonymous Interview

Interview

The recruiter was very rude and abrupt. She was poor at responding to emails in a timely manner. I often had to email again to update my availability as my schedule changed when I hadn't heard from her in a week. In the first phone interview, she asked nonstandard questions, like how would you improve their strategy? I was caught off guard by these as it is atypical for a recruiter to get into that kind of question in a phone screen. I chalked it up to a fluke, and hoped the second round would be better. Amazingly, it was worse. They doubted my experiences and told me they would be contacting someone they knew at my past company and having her ask around to find out about me. I immediately withdrew myself from consideration. Very unprofessional.

Renewal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Lehi, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Took a few weeks. Phone interview and then met the hiring managers in person. Got interviewed by 6 people total. Was supposed to get interviewed by a 7th through Skype but he was busy.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? The recruiter sent me an email describing the benefits of renewing different products that Solarwinds sells and I had to present that to the hiring managers..   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Durham, NC) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone screening. More like a free consultation on how to do their new jobs. The second person doing the interviewed called while I was on the way to pick up the kids. Once he found out I had kids they never emailed me or called me back. So much for family values at this company. Very unprofessional. I would look at applying your talent with a better organization.

Interview Questions

• Can you travel when needed.   1 Answer

Web Marketing Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX).

Interview

Screening interview with HR, following by interviews with hiring manager and 5 staff members. The staff selected were relevant to the role, very knowledgable in their disciplines, and very willing to discuss openly the challenges the prospective candidate would face in filling the position. The interviews were a bit rushed, but there was time to ask questions. At the conclusion, each team member offered their direct contact information for additional questions and followup.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself/your background. Describe a situation where a project went off plan. What was your approach to communicate that (negative news) to stake holders? What is your spirit animal?   Answer Question

Channel Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Had an interview with a former colleague of mine whom I had a great deal of respect and admiration for. Given our amicable relationship and previous work history, I thought at the very least there would be some candor throughout the process. We met to review the expectations of the role and had a productive conversation about various topics surrounding the company. I briefly presented my 30-60-90 and narrowed down the most appropriate strategies. After 40 minutes, we concluded and I met with her direct report. He came in and stated we didnt have much time for the interview. He outlined some vague expectations of the role and asked how I would contribute to the position. After 10 minutes he said he had to leave. Never heard back from either of them. Asked for simple feedback via email and never heard anything. Spoke to another former colleague of mine who works there and they said I dodged a bullet and that basically the company is a mess being run by a religious zealot who emails bible passages to employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you contribute to the role?   1 Answer