SolarWinds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.7

88 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cambridge, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Cambridge, MA) in November 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 3 days. Phone screening with recruiter, followed by a small data challenge, which I sent back the day after. Then, had a phone conversation with hiring manager. Received a rejection email the next day.

The process doesn't respect the candidate's time. Time consuming steps are at the beginning and then the decision based on a phone call later, which they should have done first.

Senior Marketing Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SolarWinds in August 2017.

Interview

I would never work for this company or recommend them to anyone. The recruiter emailed me multiple times, forgetting when we scheduled our phone call, and then was a no show for the phone interview.

Email Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at SolarWinds in August 2017.

Interview

The hr manager initially double booked me and another person for the phone screening interview. When the interview time came and went I emailed her she explained what happened and requested moving it to another day at the same time.

When the next attempt came I waited 15 mom passed the time and then called her line. No answer. She called back and said she was typing up notes from the previous interview still and had another interview coming up in 15 min, and could she bump it back to another time that same day.

The phone interview itself was fine and they decided to not go forward with me as a candidate. I just thought she handled it poorly.

Renewal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

The initial process, via emails, was frustrating, due to several missed appointments. When I made it to the face to face, it was intense, but quick. The onsite interview consisted of meeting with 2 groups of 2 people, then one Director.

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through several calls (almost too many) with the recruiter and then moved to the next step to interview with one of the team leads. I received very positive feedback throughout. The team lead I interviewed with wanted to know about my technical background. I've been in the tech industry a while, but the guy I interviewed with told me not to worry too much about being overly technical. So I made it to the third round. Instead of asking me marketing questions, he starts to quiz me on technical terms and it bordered on berating me with these questions. He didn't ask me one marketing question.

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

Interview

Interview process was awesome! I met with a sales manager and sales director who asked me great relevant questions and gave me the chance to ask them plenty of questions. All in all I felt they were respectful of my time and didn't just fluff the interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions but the one that stood out was "What makes you feel you'd be a good candidate for this role and what can I expect from you if you were offered the position?"   1 Answer

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Interview

I was very excited about the position and the prospect of working at such a successful company. However, I was very disappointed by the interview process. I only had the initial phone screen which was rushed and started with asking me my desired hourly rate. That alone was very unusual. The interview didn't last long and I was told that I would be contacted back later that same day about next steps. It's been 2 weeks and I never heard anything from the recruiter. Whether positive or negative, I would have appreciated a response from them. All my excitement about solarwinds has ended due to the interview process. Not impressed at all!

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Lehi, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone screen for 30-45 just trying to get to know you. Then meet with team lead. And then a demo call with one of the directors. They were very good and nice and professional. Didn't feel overhwelmed made me feel like they wanted me to be there. I would recommend this company for sure

Anonymous Interview

Interview

The recruiter was very rude and abrupt. She was poor at responding to emails in a timely manner. I often had to email again to update my availability as my schedule changed when I hadn't heard from her in a week. In the first phone interview, she asked nonstandard questions, like how would you improve their strategy? I was caught off guard by these as it is atypical for a recruiter to get into that kind of question in a phone screen. I chalked it up to a fluke, and hoped the second round would be better. Amazingly, it was worse. They doubted my experiences and told me they would be contacting someone they knew at my past company and having her ask around to find out about me. I immediately withdrew myself from consideration. Very unprofessional.

Renewal Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lehi, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Lehi, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Took a few weeks. Phone interview and then met the hiring managers in person. Got interviewed by 6 people total. Was supposed to get interviewed by a 7th through Skype but he was busy.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company? The recruiter sent me an email describing the benefits of renewing different products that Solarwinds sells and I had to present that to the hiring managers..   Answer Question