SolarWinds Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SolarWinds Product Marketing Manager Interview Questions

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I went through several calls (almost too many) with the recruiter and then moved to the next step to interview with one of the team leads. I received very positive feedback throughout. The team lead I interviewed with wanted to know about my technical background. I've been in the tech industry a while, but the guy I interviewed with told me not to worry too much about being overly technical. So I made it to the third round. Instead of asking me marketing questions, he starts to quiz me on technical terms and it bordered on berating me with these questions. He didn't ask me one marketing question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SolarWinds

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX).

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter for a product manager position after I had applied online. Eve though he contacted me, I had to constantly be in touch with him to have a call. And finally out of the blue, he called. After our initial call the recruiter made me realize that my experience would be better suited for this one product marketing position which I felt was very professional of him. He ended the call saying that he would arrange a follow up call with the hiring manager. And then that call never happened. After multiple email reminders and voicemails over a course of three weeks, I never heard back from the recruiter. It is unfortunate that a good company like Solarwinds have these bad apples that can ruin your overall experience.

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SolarWinds (Austin, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Original contact from hiring manager as opposed to recruiter which was positive. Started with telephone interview and then followed up with on-site interviews.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral interview style. Tell me how you would handle specific situations as opposed to a rehash or your past experiences.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiate the highest title possible. Advancement not quick once inside the company. Find out what stock option package, if any, you are being offered as there is no option plan once hired.