SolarWorld Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SolarWorld Interview Questions

2.6

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Production Tech Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SolarWorld.

Interview

Easy interview. Just don't say anything stupid.

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SolarWorld (Hillsboro, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

Standard interview for a temp-to-hire position. If you're not brain-dead and can stand up for 12 hours they'll hire you. Questions are very basic. Basically asking if you can get to work and meet the physical demands. They do a quick test to make sure you can read numbers and do simple math and then you're generally hired a day or two later.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SolarWorld (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Interview consisted almost entirely of behavioral questions. Unfortunately, the interview was done by HR and the person had zero interest in technical answers. If you are adept at "improvising" answers then you'll do great. Otherwise ensure that you have plenty of interpersonal anecdotes lined up with broad applicability.

Production Supervisor Interview

Interview

Phone screen with contract recruiter. Quick and easy. Very basic
    Panel interview with hiring manager and site manager. No surprises.

Interview Questions

• Some of their terminology was different, but nothing shocking.   Answer Question

Work days were not what I was looking for.

Support Group Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarWorld (Hillsboro, OR).

Interview

Lied to about overtime pay when job was offered verbally. At new employee orientation we were told that our day (pay wise) would begin in the middle of our shift, shafting us out of several hours of OT each week.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Cut and dry, Take it or leave it.

Consumar Event Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camarillo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SolarWorld (Camarillo, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

I had about three phone interviews, then 1:1 interview and later the group panel interview. The interviewing is brutal, tons of questions and goes on and on and on.....

Production Tech II Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SolarWorld in October 2010.

Interview

I had an interview with a temp agency. After a very quick 1 on 1 interview I was asked for a second with the shift supervisor. I was asked to start shortly after.

You will be hired on as a temp for the length of your contract, about 1.5 years.

Interview Questions

• List 3 strengths and weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it scenario.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SolarWorld (Hillsboro, OR) in June 2010.

Interview

Tour, 3 person interview, hire notice in 2 weeks

Negotiation

No negotiations took place

Student Engineering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SolarWorld (Hillsboro, OR) in March 2010.

Interview

Applied online in the winter. Forgot about applying. Got a phone call about 3 or 4 months after applying. Had initial phone interview with recruiter. In person interview with recruiter, future mentor and his manager. Basic, easy general questions about general PV silicon process and classes taken so far. Everyone was nice and wasn't nerve wrecking at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Offered $12/hr to assist Research and Development for Cell engineering.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SolarWorld (Portland, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

Applied for a Quality Engineer position at Solarworld, Camarillo, CA. They did a phone interview in Aug 09, then cancelled the position. They opened the position again in November and called me for an Onsite interview in November. Verbally offered the position and then cancelled the offer and hired a local.

Then they interviewed me onsite for another Quality Engineer position in Portland OR in Feb 2010. The Interviewers in Portland were repeatedly asked the same question phrased differently and expected a different answer.