Solera Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 8, 2017

2.7

HR Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Applied to the position at the end of June. Received an email from the recruiter the next day to schedule a time to talk, BUT I had to call her first to set the time for the call. I was very confused by how the screening was to be set up. I called and emailed, and never heard back.

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Very negative experience. I don't think the recruiting manager smiled once. The moment I arrived to the interview I wanted to leave. Before the interview they had me complete a thorough online Q&A that took FOREVER! Almost an hour and half. Then they make you play an online game. I interviewed at Google, Amazon, and Facebook. Those great companies never did stupid stuff like Solera/R3PI. It made no sense. One hiring manager asked if I like coming into the office on Saturday and Sunday!? They offered me the position and a great compensation, however I immediately turned it down. You couldn't pay me enough to work there and go through that.

Customer Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (South Jordan, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online and after about a week they sent me an e-mail to take a digital interview.
     This was done through a company called HireVue. You clicked on a link and it took you to a website where you would watch an introductory video and then you could practice answering questions through your webcam or phone/tablet (whichever one you wanted to use). When you were ready to answer the questions you would click on the video and a pre-recorded message of a questions, it would give you about 30 seconds to think of an answer and then it would start recording. You would answer the question in the time allotted. After you were done answering the question you would submit that answer. There was not an option to re-do the answer in case you messed up or stumbled over your words so make sure you get it right the first time. There were 7 or 8 questions that you have to answer. A few days later I received an e-mail to come in for an interview the next week. I met with Isaiah and the interview went almost 2 hours. It was a very pleasant interview and Isaiah seemed like a really nice guy. He went over my resume and we discussed different roles I've been in. He explained to me what the company did in more detail.

Interview Questions

• How would you rate in order of your skills from most confident to least confident? (He then brought up 4 aspects of the company (Marketing/sales, customer service, ability to work with software and knowledge of automobiles/auto industry).   1 Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

HR calls me normal discussion for about 30 mins says she will get back to. Definitely gets back but saying they have decided to hire some local candidate.

Please call only if you people are serious about hiring out of state students.
    Waste of time.

I followed up for almost 15 days just to get such kind of response.

Hadoop Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The Interview Process went fine but I had to deal with TERRIBLE HR. I didn't receive even a single call on scheduled time, always late by 20-30 Mins. The worst part is I'm still not yet reimbursed for my expenses even after a month which provoked me to write this review, even worse HR is not responding to any of my emails. I'm very glad that I didn't get this opportunity. Hope everyone considers this review before they take up call with the company.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (South Jordan, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

First was a 15min call from my future manager to go over a little background about the company and to briefly go over my resume and experience. Then I received an email to schedule an in-person interview at the office. On the day of the in-person interview I met with 3 individuals for about 30mins each. The first two interviewer when into detail about the company, position, role, resume, my experience and expectations. The last interviewer was from HR to go over the benefits, possible pay, and to answer any questions along those lines.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Skype call with ux manager
    2. UX test
    3. Skype call with ux manager and development vp
    4. Onsite with ux team (skype), HR, and development vp.

The process was quick and sweet, around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• UX process, experience, behavior questions, and two fun quiz.   Answer Question

Tech, Technician and Help Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (South Jordan, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was interesting and upbeat and positive. Met with the manager of the department and the met with someone from HR to go over company benifits and answer any questions I might have had. Very positive interview. When I called to find a status update on the position I was turned oner to a different person from HR. She told me how they didn't want me to go to another company and there was another position she thought would be perfect for me as a manager. Either way she would be calling me the following Tuesday with an offer for either of the 2 jobs. I was supposed to get a phone interview with another manager and that never happened but in the interim I turned down another offer because I thought this was the better company to work for. Never got a call or the second interview for the other position just got the usual thanks but no thanks email from HR. I feel the whole process was handled very unproffessionallyby this person in HR by leading me on for 2 1/2 weeks and then nothing. I have been watching their ratings take a nose dive on Glassdoor and unforunately I now believe the hype.

Temp and Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Just walk in and left resume and new contact information, then spoke with an acquaintance who works there and when she mentioned it, I remembered I had, for months said hello and given new resumees to reps at job fairs locally, but b/c never heard back, didn't pursue work there until Denise said, just call them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in the work, and will you go through online questionnaires, and can you get to the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much to neg., though I liked the product and sales and marketing opportunity, too many other factors were going wrong, and I sort of thought that going in, but did not know how to say that exactly. It was a call center environment but a sales/marketing opportunity, with things done somewhat half-way. The pay wasn't great, the first sales weren't paid until sale seven, and the goal of instantly getting a small business decision maker on the phone and online for twenty minutes was more than a little unrealistic, but from the power of repetition and the strength of the product and the years of experience of the trainers, and us, and some of the clients we were calling, there were positives. But going in hired to be a widget and sales whiz at the same time, was interesting. As in anything, if you are pro. you expect to be paid on each sale, and you expect smoother operations. But often when you go in from a position of weakness, you will settle, and as a pro, settling is not respected. Often when you demand better and you are reknowned for delivering, you get it. But sometimes you don't. And when you are one against a large company, you don't always feel comfortable speaking up about what makes absolutely no sense. You are to be honed to perfection, but overlook all imperfect operations and business practices.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Solera Holdings in December 2015.

Interview

At APU Solutions a subsidiary of Solara be ready for a lot of f bombs, no real conversation or about the job requirements, applicant's skills or what the job was about. Talked to two different "interviewers" Got to hear about their life stories. A absolute waste of 3 hours of my time. Made me feel they had a quota on how many interviews they had to take.