Solera Holdings Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Solera Holdings Interview Questions

Updated Mar 15, 2017

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (South Jordan, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

First was a 15min call from my future manager to go over a little background about the company and to briefly go over my resume and experience. Then I received an email to schedule an in-person interview at the office. On the day of the in-person interview I met with 3 individuals for about 30mins each. The first two interviewer when into detail about the company, position, role, resume, my experience and expectations. The last interviewer was from HR to go over the benefits, possible pay, and to answer any questions along those lines.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

1. Skype call with ux manager
    2. UX test
    3. Skype call with ux manager and development vp
    4. Onsite with ux team (skype), HR, and development vp.

The process was quick and sweet, around 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• UX process, experience, behavior questions, and two fun quiz.   Answer Question

Tech, Technician and Help Desk Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (South Jordan, UT) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was interesting and upbeat and positive. Met with the manager of the department and the met with someone from HR to go over company benifits and answer any questions I might have had. Very positive interview. When I called to find a status update on the position I was turned oner to a different person from HR. She told me how they didn't want me to go to another company and there was another position she thought would be perfect for me as a manager. Either way she would be calling me the following Tuesday with an offer for either of the 2 jobs. I was supposed to get a phone interview with another manager and that never happened but in the interim I turned down another offer because I thought this was the better company to work for. Never got a call or the second interview for the other position just got the usual thanks but no thanks email from HR. I feel the whole process was handled very unproffessionallyby this person in HR by leading me on for 2 1/2 weeks and then nothing. I have been watching their ratings take a nose dive on Glassdoor and unforunately I now believe the hype.

Temp and Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Just walk in and left resume and new contact information, then spoke with an acquaintance who works there and when she mentioned it, I remembered I had, for months said hello and given new resumees to reps at job fairs locally, but b/c never heard back, didn't pursue work there until Denise said, just call them.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in the work, and will you go through online questionnaires, and can you get to the job?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not much to neg., though I liked the product and sales and marketing opportunity, too many other factors were going wrong, and I sort of thought that going in, but did not know how to say that exactly. It was a call center environment but a sales/marketing opportunity, with things done somewhat half-way. The pay wasn't great, the first sales weren't paid until sale seven, and the goal of instantly getting a small business decision maker on the phone and online for twenty minutes was more than a little unrealistic, but from the power of repetition and the strength of the product and the years of experience of the trainers, and us, and some of the clients we were calling, there were positives. But going in hired to be a widget and sales whiz at the same time, was interesting. As in anything, if you are pro. you expect to be paid on each sale, and you expect smoother operations. But often when you go in from a position of weakness, you will settle, and as a pro, settling is not respected. Often when you demand better and you are reknowned for delivering, you get it. But sometimes you don't. And when you are one against a large company, you don't always feel comfortable speaking up about what makes absolutely no sense. You are to be honed to perfection, but overlook all imperfect operations and business practices.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Solera Holdings in December 2015.

Interview

At APU Solutions a subsidiary of Solara be ready for a lot of f bombs, no real conversation or about the job requirements, applicant's skills or what the job was about. Talked to two different "interviewers" Got to hear about their life stories. A absolute waste of 3 hours of my time. Made me feel they had a quota on how many interviews they had to take.

Senior Corporate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (Westlake, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

A recruiter somehow found me and referred me to this position in Westlake, TX. The recruiter from Solera was very thorough and professional. I interviewed with 4 people from Accounting/Finance. The interview questions were mostly very standard. Two of the interviewers indicated that they have to work 70+ hours per week and that the company experiences a great deal of turnover. The first 3 interviewers were quite candid and professional, but the tone changed with the 4th interviewer who was a VP. The 4rd interviewer was very unorganized, asking me what position I applied for and asking me to take a break for a few minutes while she prepares for the interview. I found that the 4th interviewer to be quite shady; avoiding some of my questions and asking me inappropriate questions (example: are you married??). I was quite disappointed that they were wasting my time, so I told them that I had a headache and left the interview. I'm glad to have learned all of this in the interview rather than later in the process. The other people I interviewed with were very professional. This might be a good place to work in other departments.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solera Holdings in July 2015.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, was contacted shortly from HR for a brief phone interview. Then I had an in-person interview with the same HR rep, and another team member from the CEO office, but not a direct supervisor.

It was a newly created position, but they're not sure exactly what they want. Essentially, they're looking for a PM consultant, which is fine, but they almost expected a proposal of sorts in the interview. Which is inherently difficult to say: "I'll do X, I'll need Y, and I'll deliver Z" when you are provided with such limited information.

It's also unique in the fact that you are a PM, with no direct reports. It's closer to a general Operations staff position then a PM.

Interview Questions

• What do you require to do this role?   1 Answer

Project Manager Within Office of the Chief Executive Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (Westlake, TX).

Interview

There was a phone interview with HR, then a Skype interview with a CFO. After that, they had an "in office" interview where they take you out to lunch.

Everyone at the office is pretty much wearing horse-blinders and doesn't look around. My interviewer even warned me to stay away as there is a lot of turnover and morale is bad. He managed to do this while staring at his phone during the entire interview.

Be aware they will take weeks between interviews. They are terrible about responding to emails or phone calls (HR that is).

Interview Questions

• What kind of company is Solera? (Say Tech/IT company, DO NOT SAY insurance claims...they get all huffy).

How do you create PowerPoint presentations? How do you collate data?
      2 Answers

Solera Holdings Response

Jun 26, 2015 – Recruitment Marketing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to interview with Solera and sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Our corporate office is growing significantly (we’ve recently added 20+ new roles in Westlake ... More

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

Was referred by an employee and was screened over the phone. Then met with them in person and worked on a small project as a skills review of sorts.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solera Holdings (San Diego, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial contact via HR. Interview with section leader. I was asked a lot of technical questions. All went well from my perspective but apparently my experience was less than they wanted.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience with cross platform database design?   Answer Question