Solium Capital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Solium Capital Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solium Capital (Shelton, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

After the 1 on 1 interview with hiring manager, I was given a choice to solve one problem out of 3.
     All three problems were medium difficult. I had the program running in 3 days. But my program was to verbose, and they wanted tight and neat code instead.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that calculates the optimum distribution of poker chips that maximizes the number of chips that each player receives while also making sure everyone receives the SAME breakdown of poker chips   Answer Question

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solium Capital (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

The interview stands out in my employment history as the manager interviewing me was noticeably brash and almost rude. I had a phone call with HR first, which was pleasant and green lights all around - then came in for the in-person interview with one person from HR, and the manager I would be reporting to. The interview took a turn almost immediately when the manager took over from HR and I was proceeded to be slammed with questions in what I can only describe as rude or mean. Half-way through, I wondered what the point was when the manager obviously decided from the get-go I was not the candidate he wanted, why drag this out? I was a bit stunned by the whole thing, as I was a fit for the role and HR had cleared me for an interview, so why the treatment when we hadn't even gotten started? HR stayed quiet throughout the entire interview. When I left, all I could think was that I was glad I had met the reporting manager as I wouldn't want to work for someone like that. The management style echoes some of the reviews of upper management seen here by employees on GlassDoor. Yikes. Will never apply to Solium again after this experience, regardless of the manager.

Transaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I interviewed at Solium Capital (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

Very nice phone interview, fairly basic questions on things like strengths and weaknesses, availability, desired salary. Lasted about 30 minutes. Took some time for the answer though, i e-mailed twice - first a general thank you same day and another follow up week after, only then I got the in-person interview invitation. Declined at the end, too little money

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Solium Capital (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

The most inadequate interview questions I have ever had to reply to. Maybe 10% were about my professional skills, the rest were personal and often inappropriate (like about my current salary). In a few days I received absolutely discriminating feedback from their supervisor. Sadly, I have not checked out the company review before having applied to Solium, otherwise I would never ever did this.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solium Capital (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

It starts an 15 minutes phone interview with the HR. Then in-person interview with a panel of 2 managers, mainly technical questions. They decided not to continue with me any further, offered to provide feedback via phone but never called.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solium Capital (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

It starts a 15 minutes phone interview with the hiring manager and give you a problem to coding in 5 business days. It is a very hard question for the Junior software developer and all of the software developer position they are posting on their website = full stack software developer(senior). If you want to start your professional career here, you should have an experience with an internship in this company.

Full Stack Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solium Capital (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Started with a quick 15 minute phone conversation with the hiring manager, who asked about my current level of expertise, salary expectations, and willingness to relocate, since I was an out of town applicant. Then, I was given a coding assignment to complete in within 5 business days. I completed it within 3, and promptly submitted my solution for review and asked for a confirmation of receipt, which I did not get. A week later, I received a reply with their decision not to continue the interview process with me any further but offered to provide feedback via phone on my solution and how they came to their decision. I thanked them for considering me and took them up on their offer for feedback, providing two time slots. They did not respond until both had passed, saying they were unable to make those times work, and asked for some more time suggestions. I replied no problem and offered two more, both of which also passed without reply, not even a single word from them explaining their total lack of response. From that point on, I never heard back from them. I guess they felt it was perfectly ok to drag me along since they were no longer considering me, but is completely unacceptable, as they did not follow up on something they offered to do. Very unprofessional.

Transaction Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solium Capital (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

general questions,manager will ask asked how would you manage a costumer service situation,and solve it.was in person,was 5 min,After that was 2nd interview by different manager for 3- min

Interview Questions

• a costumer is calling you and ask for help ,saying that his or her internet is not working.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Solium Capital.

Interview

The Hiring and Interview Process was mainly based on 3 interviews (phone, 1:1, panel).
    The exchange has mainly been based on trust, mutual qualification of seriousness and commitment to the success.

Interview Questions

• Be ready on Equity Management and Share Plans best practices   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Solium Capital (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

A phone interview with the architect, mostly asked about resume. Then, I was given a coding assignment to do in one week and then they contacted me to have a group webx interview with some team leads and they asked questions about the assignment.