Solo Cup Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Solo Cup Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2016

2.5

Line Worker Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Solo Cup.

Interview

Short to the point the basic interview questions didnt take alot of time had to sit in a room of about 15 people had a group interview then we were called in individually to do a one on one once in the room the usual interview questions began like where did u work before how long what u did and didnt like about your last position

Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Highland Park, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Solo Cup (Highland Park, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Business and IT interview. The business person asked about how to use systems for managing trucks and logistics between various locations in canada and usa. One other important thing was peak demands - say during st patricks day you want all green cups. Its very important to get the cups to the store before hand, since after the day the cups are useless and the inventory cost and cost of returns goes up by a lot. Vendors were used to develop software and manage it, vendor management was one aspect that was stressed on.

Interview Questions

• How do you increase efficiency in planning in the cup business. Basic flow given.   1 Answer

Summer Intern-Plant Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solo Cup (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Three people interviewed me and one of them is quality department manager. There are several questions like, what's your weakness? What did you do?(Based on your resume) what's your maximum hours of working? Prefer work independent or as a team? How will you meet the deadline?

Interview Questions

• What's your maximum hours of working?   1 Answer

Pricing Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Solo Cup.

Interview

Met with 4 individuals, including 3 analysts and 1 manager. Format was different for each interviewer, however all spent a good deal of time on prior experience and analytical skills. Also asked questions on academic performance in college and specific examples where I demonstrated skills they felt would be beneficial to have on the job.

Interview Questions

• What outside organizations are you involved in?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate.

Reported Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Solo Cup (Chicago, IL) in March 2013.

Interview

All questions were presented in terms of current problem that existed in the business and how I would address them or what skills I had in place that would help the company address them. Relied on prior experience to pull together answers which made sense.

Interview Questions

• Primarily asked about previous experience as it related to the work that would need to be done in the current position I was applying for to make sure there was a good fit.   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Crystal Lake, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Solo Cup (Crystal Lake, IL) in February 2013.

Interview

I initially got placed as an intern and promoted to analyst. It was a great place to work. Three rounds of interview..one phone (informational), technical and fit

Pricing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincolnshire, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solo Cup (Lincolnshire, IL) in June 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with multiple people within the company. Interview lasted about an hour and the questions were pretty standard. Employees that were formerly in pricing analyst role were in the interview as well as some higher ups. I found out the company was possibly moving locations and a year later they actually did so I was glad I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• How my past experiences would benefit me in this new role?   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solo Cup in October 2011.

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency that was on site. It was fairly easy to apply short test nothing too hard about it. They show you a little of the production plant to give you an idea of what to expect. Now that Dart has bought out Solo the temp agency is no longer and I do believe they hire directly from Dart. How they are doing the hiring process I'm not sure since I left in November 2013.

Interview Questions

• I didn't have any difficult questions. I wanted a job. I was aware of the job duties, and I could do the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was not negotiating. You had your starting pay and your shift discussed at the orientation.

Packing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ada, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Solo Cup (Ada, OK) in September 2011.

Interview

Walked in to office completed general application. Then had to fill out a bunch of math questions.

Interview Questions

• When I wanted to work, what shift?   1 Answer
    • What do you see as your future in the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Nothing.

Market Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Forest, IL

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Solo Cup (Lake Forest, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

pretty easy - everyone was very nice and professional. The office was more formal that I was used to but still friendly. Questions were not tough but completely relevant to the position and to the culture. I had two phone screens (HR, Hiring Manager) and then flew in for 4 interviews (HR, Hiring Manager and two VP's). Two additional phone interviews with Hiring Manager and VP prior to offer.

Interview Questions

• A LOT of questions around finanicals - this company is NOT about marketing but about pricing, volume and cost savings.   Answer Question
    • A lot of questions about culture - it's a weird one so be sure to pick up on the hints they give you in the questioning.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Salary was set but was able to get additional $ for relo and they offered 3 weeks vacation upfront.