Solomon-Page Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Solomon-Page Group Interview Questions

2.1

Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me regarding a job I applied to. I took time out of my work day to speak with him briefly. He scheduled me for another interview for the following morning, which I happened to rearrange my schedule for. The next morning, he never called. Although this probably happens a lot, it is extremely rude and unprofessional, and flat out wrong to treat people like this. I will never apply to a job through this recruiter again. Totally unprofessional.

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I went in to meet with someone in the creative services department. During the meeting, he said there were a bunch of opportunities he thought would be good for me. It has been over 3 weeks and I have not heard from him.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (Hauppauge, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin, about a temporary Graphic Design position. I hadn't been on Linkedin for a while, so I had responded a few weeks later.. The lady told me to email her my information, for any other job offers.
    Once again, I forgot all about it..
    So a month later, I was contacted by another recruiter from another company.. and so I thought, let me email both of them and go on an interview with them on the same day.. as I could have went on the same road.
    The woman I contacted from the other company replied to me..however the recruiter for Solomon NEVER replied to me again! She just left me in the dust..
    This is just unprofessional... I wouldn't bother with them, they don't seem to actually care!

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Solomon Page had contacted me about a senior role and quite frankly I found the team to be unprofessional throughout the process. I had a call scheduled to speak with a Division President (they actually scheduled it) and quite frankly at the time of the call, she stood me up – no quick email or return phone call to apprise me of her situation. I left a voice mail and sent an email to reschedule as I understand people are busy and things can fall through the cracks. We rescheduled after a few readjustments and finally did manage to speak.

In that vein, I provided a comprehensive executive write up and some of my own thoughts and suggestions about the client’s initiatives in a day turnaround as recommended and pressured by the Solomon Page recruiter who proclaimed, I'd be great for the role and would submit me to their client. I followed up twice after to confirm receipt and ask if there were any questions at their end or if there was anything else I could provide. Her response was that she would review everything I sent.

Again, just to close the loop and be professional, I subsequently followed up twice with two contacts there) and neither time received a response either yay or nay from either one.

Remind you, THEY contacted ME, and if this is the way they do business, as someone who could ultimately be in the position to hire them (i.e. potential client company), I would NOT hire them. Being busy is one thing. Being unprofessional is another. I found Solomon Page to be the latter and do not recommend them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background. Have you heard of our client company and if so what do you know about them.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group in May 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on linkedin with a message of an available Marketing Specialist position in NJ at a specific salary and if I was interested please send my resume to a listed email. I sent my resume to the listed email which was another recruiter in a different location. This recruiter reached out to me and scheduled a quick phone screen to talk about my resume. At the end of the phone call she said she needed to send my resume to another recruiter in a different location. When the third recruiter (after several attempts to schedule a phone call and still called me when I listed I was not available) finally got ahold of me he was very dismissive, unwelcoming, and rude. Not only did he hold several other conversations with colleagues while i was on the phone with him, He also could not answer a single question I had about the available position. When asked "what is the company culture?" Or "what are the day to day activities?" Or "what is the team like? Who would I report to?" He answered each question with "I don't know." The recruiter also mentioned the original salary listed was not correct.
    Needless to say it was a huge waste of time the staffing firm was disorganized and clueless.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about your resume   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Actually was hired through this agency even though I will never work with them again. They only care about the client and will leave you in the dust. Overall interview was easy. The recruiter came off as very arrogant and uninterested. He actually gave me a few good pointers which has helped me since. Said he was going to put me down for a role "that anyone can do" which made me feel terrible as I was new to the area. Long story short I was hired at a promising company but quit soon after for personal reasons. They didn't take this very well even though they were very unprofessional in telling me proper dates, process, and even just building a general relationship with me. PLEASE do yourself a favor and work with someone else who actually cares.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY).

Interview

A total waste of my time and money. No follow through what so ever on their part. Highly unprofessional. Extremely unorganized. Kept me waiting for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What salary per hour was I looking to earn.   2 Answers

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Office seemed Nice, vacant desks were visible. Good culture, micromanagement visible. Overall a good experience. I did a lot of background research but overall found this company to be a good fit for a gratification seeking person.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work in a fast pace environment   1 Answer

Technical Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Met with 3 people and it's general overview of the position and was asked scenario based questions. Also met with a recruiter to get an understanding of the day to day responsibilities and culture

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

It was easy going. Interviewers were polite and respectful and made the mood light in order to make you comfortable. It was very professional. I was asked to describe myself and how would I fit into the company. They deal with various clients and they wanted to know if I was up for the task.