Solomon-Page Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.1

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to go on an interview and was very pleased with the fact that she didn't require me to come to Solomon Page in person. I am currently working and do not have the time to go to recruiting agencies all the time when basically I feel like they just want to make sure I'm 'presentable' (I work in fashion and cosmetics so I think it's safe to say I present myself well). My recruiter was wonderful (at first)...very responsive and always ready to respond to my emails. She sent me on an interview for a temp to perm position at a very well known fashion company and when she found out they went with another candidate she was able to send me there again for another opening. I was very pleased with her ability to be on top of things bc most of these agencies NEVER get back to you or really go out of their way after they are literally all over you to send you out initially.
    I went to the first 'second' interview and met with the people I would be supporting and during the process I inquired about the position. One key question everyone should ask (esp for an EA role) is 'is there anyone currently in the position?' and if they say yes you ask 'for how long'. I asked both and the answer was 'yes there is someone in the position but she is a temp' so I asked my follow up 'for how long'....she said 'well, we have had numerous temps in the position for a year' (well hello red flag...nice to see you!) Then I asked why the original person left a year ago she said 'she moved away and we just haven't been able to find the right fit since she left' (there's that second red flag....). EA's are all over this city, and this is a big named fashion house so I find it hard to believe that after a year they didn't find someone. Ok, so no big deal really maybe they really need someone experienced.
    After leaving I contacted my rep at Solomon Page and told her how it went etc. 2 days later I get a call that they want to offer me the job. Terrific I thought....now just a few more questions....
    I ask my recruiter 'since this is temp to perm and I am currently in a position that has an end date bc it too is temporary, would they be willing to wait until I can end my temp position?' She said no. I kind of understand BUT if they already have a temp, then I don't know why they wouldn't wait for someone who is highly qualified to start. It would be worth it in the end, right? ok, so not a big deal but then the next question....
    I asked 'can you tell me what the salary is once it goes permanent' She said she would find out and let me know. The next day she calls me and tells me that while she knows what I made at my last full time job recently, she can't give me a def salary but they might be able to get me close to what I was making but she couldn't promise (and there's the last red flag).
    I do not know anyone who would take a job without knowing what the salary is, coupled with the fact that the position hasn't been filled in a year, and has only had temps in it. It made me think of two reasons why 1) the position is too demanding and 'crazy' that nobody wants it or 2) the position is too demanding and 'crazy' and the salary offered was too low and nobody wants it.
    After thinking about it, I was going to still take it but when I told my agency that I wanted to leave my position early they were not too pleased, as well as my employer not being pleased. It was mainly because of this that I didn't accept the position. HOWEVER.... not being told what a salary would be is not acceptable. I don't want to give a negative review bc up until the no salary disclosure, she was great...wonderful actually. I just wish she would have been more on my side to get me the answer I needed, and also to try to stress to the client that I am highly qualified and perhaps they should wait.
    I wrote to my recruiter at Solomon Page and thanked her for her time and all of her efforts, asked her to keep me in mind for anything in the future

Operations Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (Richmond, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

This is an awful recruitment company. The recruiter called me and basically tried to discourage me from going forward with the application, did not follow up with me on the interview/application process whatsoever, and was not even competent about the location of the company. Any questions I had for him about the company/position he did not know and his answer was "I only know about whatever they sent me in the job description." He told me he would be in touch about an interview within the next two days, when the third day came around I called him and he had to look me up in his system with the excuse being "sorry I have about 30 clients and can't remember to follow up with them all."

Interview Questions

• Are you sure you want to apply for this position, I'm not sure if this is the best option for you, it may be "risky."   1 Answer

Marketing Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me regarding a job I applied to. I took time out of my work day to speak with him briefly. He scheduled me for another interview for the following morning, which I happened to rearrange my schedule for. The next morning, he never called. Although this probably happens a lot, it is extremely rude and unprofessional, and flat out wrong to treat people like this. I will never apply to a job through this recruiter again. Totally unprofessional.

General Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I went in to meet with someone in the creative services department. During the meeting, he said there were a bunch of opportunities he thought would be good for me. It has been over 3 weeks and I have not heard from him.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hauppauge, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (Hauppauge, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter on Linkedin, about a temporary Graphic Design position. I hadn't been on Linkedin for a while, so I had responded a few weeks later.. The lady told me to email her my information, for any other job offers.
    Once again, I forgot all about it..
    So a month later, I was contacted by another recruiter from another company.. and so I thought, let me email both of them and go on an interview with them on the same day.. as I could have went on the same road.
    The woman I contacted from the other company replied to me..however the recruiter for Solomon NEVER replied to me again! She just left me in the dust..
    This is just unprofessional... I wouldn't bother with them, they don't seem to actually care!

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Solomon Page had contacted me about a senior role and quite frankly I found the team to be unprofessional throughout the process. I had a call scheduled to speak with a Division President (they actually scheduled it) and quite frankly at the time of the call, she stood me up – no quick email or return phone call to apprise me of her situation. I left a voice mail and sent an email to reschedule as I understand people are busy and things can fall through the cracks. We rescheduled after a few readjustments and finally did manage to speak.

In that vein, I provided a comprehensive executive write up and some of my own thoughts and suggestions about the client’s initiatives in a day turnaround as recommended and pressured by the Solomon Page recruiter who proclaimed, I'd be great for the role and would submit me to their client. I followed up twice after to confirm receipt and ask if there were any questions at their end or if there was anything else I could provide. Her response was that she would review everything I sent.

Again, just to close the loop and be professional, I subsequently followed up twice with two contacts there) and neither time received a response either yay or nay from either one.

Remind you, THEY contacted ME, and if this is the way they do business, as someone who could ultimately be in the position to hire them (i.e. potential client company), I would NOT hire them. Being busy is one thing. Being unprofessional is another. I found Solomon Page to be the latter and do not recommend them.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background. Have you heard of our client company and if so what do you know about them.   Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group in May 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me on linkedin with a message of an available Marketing Specialist position in NJ at a specific salary and if I was interested please send my resume to a listed email. I sent my resume to the listed email which was another recruiter in a different location. This recruiter reached out to me and scheduled a quick phone screen to talk about my resume. At the end of the phone call she said she needed to send my resume to another recruiter in a different location. When the third recruiter (after several attempts to schedule a phone call and still called me when I listed I was not available) finally got ahold of me he was very dismissive, unwelcoming, and rude. Not only did he hold several other conversations with colleagues while i was on the phone with him, He also could not answer a single question I had about the available position. When asked "what is the company culture?" Or "what are the day to day activities?" Or "what is the team like? Who would I report to?" He answered each question with "I don't know." The recruiter also mentioned the original salary listed was not correct.
    Needless to say it was a huge waste of time the staffing firm was disorganized and clueless.

Interview Questions

• Talk to me about your resume   1 Answer

Junior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

When i walked in i was excited for the opportunity. I was brought into a conference room and spoke to the managing director of the branch. The questions that were asked were your typical interview questions. Seemed like he wanted to get to know me more as a person. I felt comfortable speaking to him. I was then introduced to the SR. Recruiter where he gave me an overview of how the day to day progress works. Great company.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY).

Interview

Actually was hired through this agency even though I will never work with them again. They only care about the client and will leave you in the dust. Overall interview was easy. The recruiter came off as very arrogant and uninterested. He actually gave me a few good pointers which has helped me since. Said he was going to put me down for a role "that anyone can do" which made me feel terrible as I was new to the area. Long story short I was hired at a promising company but quit soon after for personal reasons. They didn't take this very well even though they were very unprofessional in telling me proper dates, process, and even just building a general relationship with me. PLEASE do yourself a favor and work with someone else who actually cares.

Temp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Solomon-Page Group (New York, NY).

Interview

A total waste of my time and money. No follow through what so ever on their part. Highly unprofessional. Extremely unorganized. Kept me waiting for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• What salary per hour was I looking to earn.   2 Answers