Solstice Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solstice (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied online in early 2016.

First I was given a phone call about a week later where I spoke to a recruiter who informed me about the company and went over my resume with me. The phone call was pleasant and very informative.

Next I was given assigned a simple mobile application to create over the weekend. It didn't take too long, but I had fun with it. The instructions were pretty clear and laid out a few suggestions on how to implement it.

After writing my app and sending it in, I was asked to come in for a few on-site interviews. They were a mix of both behavioral and technical questions, with a total of two interviews. The first put me with two developers, and the second had me interview with a single developer. Both were relatively casual and Solstice was very helpful and reliable throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• Basic OOP Concepts such as term definitions. A few questions about my app and what I could do to improve it.   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solstice.

Interview

I received an email from their HR who scheduled a phone interview with me.
    After the initial phone interview, she scheduled a 30-minute interview with one of their scrum masters.
    The questions were pretty straightforward but the pace was slightly uncomfortable and I felt rushed, the interviewer kept taking notes and I could hear her typing as I was answering which was slightly nerve wrecking and distracting.

Interview Questions

• many have you ever encountered xyz situation at work questions? how did you face it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I first submitted an application, after which I had an initial phone screen. After the phone screen, I was offered a coding challenge, which I had a weekend to work on. After submitting the coding challenge, I was given a technical phone screen.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solstice (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty straightforward. They make you write a mobile application of a contact list using an API they have online. You have about 2 days to do it. If you pass this, they will have you do two skype interviews. One of them is entirely behavioral, seeing if you are personable enough to be a consultant. The other is more technical in nature, asking about basic object-oriented questions and basic android development questions.

The pay was well below other entry-level software jobs in Chicago, but the office and people were very nice. Overall, I came out with a positive view of the company.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a relative layout and linear layout?   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solstice (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied through their site, then Recruitment Consultant from Solstice asked me about time when we can talk. He called me, asked some background and simple technical questions and then he sent me technical challenge. I made it and sent him link to read only git repository.
    Then I asked several times if everything is OK and then, 7 days later, he sent me email, that they decided to put the position on hold.
    I know they've never checked it. So it looks like the company very unorganized.

Interview Questions

• Technical challenge. I had to to develop simple contact list. Details are in git repository (see answer).   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solstice (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview consists of three rounds. First an initial phone screening with HR. Second, a second phone interview with a Scrum Master. Third, and in person interview consisting of two interviews, and a 15-minute presentation where you review an app. The overall process took about two weeks.

Overall, everybody I met was really friendly and the overall vibe of the company felt very positive. I don't think I was "perfect" in my interviews, but it seems like the company shires on potential and invests in their employees. The company also is a true believer in agile development. All these factors where important in my decision to accept the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Why Solstice? Technical/situational questions based on my Scrum Master experience.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solstice (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

A brief phone interview that asked questions about myself and how I got into my major and what courses I was taking and a coding challenge that followed where you were given 2 days to complete

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solstice (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

1st: HR Screen with some high level questions
    2nd: 30 minute phone interview with a manager
    3rd: 30 minute interview with "peers", 15 minute presentation on a critique of an existing product with 15 minute Q&A with a manager and peers, 30 minute interview with a manager

Interview Questions

• Q: Create a presentation and critique a current digital experience.   1 Answer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solstice (Chicago, IL) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied on 8/4/2017 and had a non-technical phone interview with HR on 8/8. Then I was given a Contact Restful API project to complete within 48 hours.

After completing and submitting the project, I was scheduled for a technical phone interview which consisted of talking about the implementation/design of the Contact project submitted earlier, general OOP concepts, and RESTful design principles.

Next I was scheduled for a final BlueJeans online interview with two technical leads and a senior technical lead. We discussed my background, interests, and some basic OOP concepts. Make sure to stress your passion for learning and adapting to agile environments!

Less than a week later I was presented with an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between a 401 and 403 response code in REST?   Answer Question

Enterprise Architect Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Solstice in July 2017.

Interview

I had 30 min phone interview and then 2 hour onsite with 4 people director level folks. I have strong Comp sci. background. One of the intrerviewer was not IT background and I think he rejected me. It irritated me that such folks hold IT position and can't ask right questions.
    30 min session seemed short. They only asked high level questions ..
    .didnt dig

Scrum Master Interview

Interview

The reason for my negative experience was due to the lack of professionalism and courtesy displayed by HR. During the initial HR screening, I had set my salary expectations very clearly. When I received the callback for an offer, I was told I'd have to take a large pay cut (>20%), as they couldn't exceed the "upper limit" for my level. The company needs to be upfront and truthful about their salary arrangements. Needless to say, it left me with a poor impression of the company, even though the interviewers were quite nice.