Solstice Sunglass Boutiques Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.3

40 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pottstown, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (Pottstown, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

The store manager and I had the interview outside, which was nice compared to other interviews in a cold office. He wanted to know more about me as a person, what I studied in grad school, what my interests were had outside of work. He was very personable and friendly. He asked questions about my retail background and LP issues I may have had in the past. I waited two days, and he gave me an offer higher than what he originally offered, without me asking. I filled out paperwork two days later, and got my employee number.

Interview Questions

• Why Solstice Sunglasses and not for Macy's or a Converse store?   1 Answer

ECommerce Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Chaotic bait and switch. Interview went well and then when it came down to the offer, the salary was bumped down by $20k and when I questioned it, I was told that I would received $20k in the benefits package, therefore I misunderstood what the salary would be. Shady!

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (Raleigh, NC) in January 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was smooth and I had a good understanding of the roles and responsibilities at the end of the process. Full benefit explanation as well as scope of position.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest accomplishment in your career?   1 Answer

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

I met with 2 different store manager at 2 store locations. One interview on 9th avenue, the other in the soho store. Both store managers were easy going, and disclosed information about the company as a whole transitioning as well as their styles of management. They gave constructive feedback on what store they thought Id be best for.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work with solstice?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Associate/Stock Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waipahu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (Waipahu, HI) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online 3 times,
    Was called 3 times.
    Called back for interview, went in.
    The lady sam, asked me to tell her about myself,
    Told me to pick 5 pair of sunglasses and tell why you chose it. She will ask if you could work more than 30 hrs or if you're available on weekends.

Interview Questions

• - get to pick 5 sunglasses
      Will asked why you chose it.   1 Answer
    • Why did you choose this one?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques.

Interview

The company called with in a day of my application process. An interview was scheduled where we could go over my previous experience and talk about the position being applied for. A second interview was then scheduled for me and the Regional Manager. After being hired a training process was mandatory before hitting the sales floor.

Interview Questions

• Tell me why I should choose you over the other Candidates   1 Answer

Negotiation

Full time Position

Keyholder/Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques in December 2014.

Interview

The first step was to fill out application online. After this you are sent an email asking you to complete an online quiz. Next, you are sent an email asking you to complete an online quiz. This is followed by an online personality profile consisting of at least 100 questions. The questions are multiple choice style. Within the next twenty-four hours I received a phone call for an interview with the store manager. During the interview I learned that the position is part- time. I expressed disinterest in a position that was not full time. I learned that the pay is $14 an hour and that benefits are available after 6 months. I also learned that the employees receive a monthly bonus of about $100 a month if the sales quotas are reached. All if the employees work as a team. The sales bonuses are not based on individual quotas. The next step in the interview process would have been an interview withI the regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for Solstice?   1 Answer

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques.

Interview

one interview with the manager and one with the district manager. Just asked basic questions about my past employment history and what I knew about the company. Take time to review the company and brush up on basic interview questions

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Did three interviews
    In person with DM, then phone interviews with HR and RM
    Maybe took 2 weeks total to get an offer. After I interviewed I did a background check and received the offer letter and call. Started within two weeks. Overall it took less than a month from interview one to start date. I've seen the process since I've been with the company take less than a week

Interview Questions

• They asked the standard questions to see what kind of manger you would be, how you motivate a team, and what kpis you work with. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Selling Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solstice Sunglass Boutiques (Chino Hills, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

They called me in for an interview with the store manager and key holder, it lasted about 30 minutes. The interview was very laid back and I wasn't nervous after a while. They said they would give me a call back in a week if I got the position. I thought I did not get the job because it took the manager 9 days to call back (I'm a impatient person). I started two weeks after he called me back. The location I work at is a lower volume store so it can be slow most days. If you don't like slow paced work(like me)it would be a good idea to apply at a higher volume location (i.e.Irvine Spectrum or Beverly Center).