SolutionStream Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SolutionStream Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SolutionStream.

Interview

Three interviews, first was a Phone Interview with their Recruiter. Second interview was with a manager of several development team, very knowledgeable. Third was with a client I would have been working with.

First two interviews were great, great people, inteletual conversations not an interigation, very forward about the benifits and short comings.

Third interview was horrible, first it had to be done over a weekend, then the client miss the meeting. It was then reschedule that same day, but come to find out he didn't have enough time to do a real interview, so he decided upon a fast pace Q and A. All of his questions were vague and I spent most of the time trying to figure out what he was asking, only to find the question was about obscure networking or multi sever strategy questions nothing about the programming language.

Come that Monday, solutionstream was no longer working with that client, apologies to me for that interview, and offered me a job working with a different client.

What I take from this and all my experiences so far with solutionstream, they have a great team and good guys, but sometime have some less than desirable clients. My new client is great and enjoying working with them each day.

The interviews are easy if you know your languages and you just have to hope you don't do one with a client, or that it's a good client. But in the end, they are able to look past a bad situation and evaluate you.

Interview Questions

• basic language logic, echo $a . $b; does what.   1 Answer
  • what mvc frameworks have you worked on?   Answer Question
  • some questions on how oop works   1 Answer

Negotiation

Really great to be honest. They don't attempt to size you up based upon your currently or last employer. They measure you and make an offer based upon the Interviews.

I asked for changes to the contracts and they were more than willing to accommodate within reason.

SolutionStream Response

Sep 7, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. And thank you for giving us a chance after the not so desirable client interview! We are looking for ways to improve, your feedback helps us... More

Other Interview Reviews for SolutionStream

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SolutionStream.

Interview

Personal referral. There was a couple of phone calls and lunch with one of the managers. There was no formal interview process. A verbal offer was made, and then followed up by a written offer.

Interview Questions

SolutionStream Response

Sep 7, 2016 – Corporate Recruiter

We love employee referrals! We hope you are still enjoying your time with us.

Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SolutionStream (Lehi, UT) in June 2011.

Interview

I was called by a hiring manager performed a quick phone interview. He emailed me the next day to set on an on site interview.

The on site interview had four parts, not including the obligatory tour:
    First I was interviewed by two project managers and the hiring manager, who asked fairly typical interview questions about my experience and probed my resume a bit.

Next I was interviewed by a lead programmer and a couple of developers. Again, they asked the sort of questions you expect about data structures, algorithms, and general programming knowledge, basically making sure you knew what you said you did. The developers then left and there was a one on one interview with the lead programmer, who probed much more deeply into my knowledge and experience with specific technologies, especially hibernate.

Finally there was a one on one interview with one of the owners. He was very candid about the type of environment I could expect, the variety of projects one would have to work on, the variety of technologies you would have to learn, and the difficulty of staying on the leading edge as a developer. He described it as "drinking out of the fire hose". He was very clearly proud of his company and it's culture, but wanted potential employees to know what they were getting into. He was very forthright and honest, and in hindsight his descriptions of the company culture were spot on.

Finally there was a final interview with the hiring manager discussing salary expectations and benefits.

All in all I found the Hiring Manager and Owner to be refreshingly forthright and honest.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I received a phone call two days later from the hiring manager wanting to make an offer. I really liked working with him, he was very strait forward and didn't use any of the traditional bartering tactics or play any games. I informed him I liked the company, but was in the process of interviewing with several companies and wanted to make a good decision. I told him i didn't really like negotiating games, and would like to work at Solutionstream, but wanted to make sure I got the best offer, and that if he could hit x (about 33% over what I was currently making, I thought I was shooting high for sure) I would know I was getting as good a deal as I could expect, and would accept the offer without further negotiation.

He let me know that the team lead had asked him to try and get me on, and said my offer was higher than they would normally expect, but since the team lead was interested and they needed a new engineer he could probably convince him to meet my request. Again, in hindsight I can say I think he was being very honest and strait forward, and really acted as my advocate during negotiations instead of trying to get the best possible deal.

The next day they called back to make an offer at my asked amount.