Solutionary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Solutionary Interview Questions

2.9

Director of Applications Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Solutionary (Omaha, NE) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter and in person with hiring manager. Other individual was not available to interview, so it ended up as a one on one interview. Both were friendly and professional. Follow up communication over emails.

Interview Questions

• What would you do in the first 100 days if you were to get the position?   Answer Question

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Solutionary (Atlanta, GA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied but I don't recall where, I think on their site. Called by an internal recruiter and we talked about the position. They promised to setup a initial call with someone relevant to the position.

After getting back to me, BEFORE THE CALL, I was asked via e-mail to fill out an online application, which I already did, and sign an NDA, which seems odd.

Neither of which bothered me but they also sent me a web based personality assessment of some kind from Predictive Index. That struck me as incredibly unprofessional and I declined. Sending someone something like that is something you need to explain and soft sell and to do so before a real conversation has even taken place smacks of a power move. It's also a tool that you don't see many top tier companies use to evaluate IT engineering positions.

I can't imagine why anyone in my field would even fill one out. There are so many jobs out there that there is really no reason to put up with something so impersonal and questionable. It does make sense though when you read the actual company reviews on glassdoor. It's clear that they have no idea how to hire or retain IT engineering talent so they have resorted to sending out personality assessments. It sounds like a way to get a crop of thoroughly average people.

I was interested in Solutionary but on the fence. That e-mail knocked me off the fence.

Interview Questions

• The sent me an online personality questionnaire from Predictive Index.   1 Answer

Cyber Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solutionary (Omaha, NE) in November 2015.

Interview

Very quick process once the ball got rolling. The company is very laid back and they do really well to make you feel comfortable in something that can be nerve-wracking. In just a few minutes, I felt like I was talking to a really good friend, which helped out the process a lot. The first interview is by phone, and they ask you some technical questions to gauge your knowledge. The face to face interview is done by two people and both ask you questions from the general work knowledge to more technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation phase took a couple of days, but once it was finished, I was able to get everything I wanted and more.

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solutionary (Pittsburgh, PA).

Interview

Was contacted by a member of HR who said they found my resume online and was then set up with an interview with SOC Operations Manager. Pretty standard questions regarding security and networking.

Interview Questions

• Can you name the seven layers of networking (OSI Model)?

What is a DOS and DDOS?   Answer Question

SOC Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Solutionary (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2014.

Interview

3 Phone interviews. One with HR, one with Manager, one with Director. Followed by a face to face interview with the Manager and the Director. They were very casual, positive, and funny.

Marketing Automation Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solutionary (Omaha, NE) in May 2013.

Interview

HR called, did a basic interview, sounded kind of bored with the whole process. He then sent me an online application, which is stupid, since they already had my resume and full work history. This is classic HR nonsense, they always want to fit everyone into the same boxes. Anyway, also had me fill out this ridiculous personality profile test. Really? You put stock in those crackpot things?
    Then, although I am overqualified for what they need, I never got a call from the hiring manager. He was probably afraid that I am more qualified than he is. Oh well your loss!

Security Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Solutionary (Omaha, NE) in November 2009.

Interview

3 week process, but only because they want to make sure there is an opportunity for you to learn about Solutionary.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client asked you to change a assessment rating?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Short. I was very happy with the offer.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Solutionary (Omaha, NE) in September 2009.

Interview

I had 2 interview, which were very thourough. The questions were relevant to the job I was interviewing for. Interviewer was knowledgeable, firendly, and made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions

• None that I can think of. All were in line with the job posting.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Solutionary (Pittsburgh, PA) in July 2009.

Interview

Initial phone screen included basic networking and security questions, to establish background in the field. The on-site interview started with a written skills test. Then there were 2 local interviewers and one conferenced in from remote location. The next phase was a knowledge and how "might you do this" looking for analytical thought processes. Then more of a discussion about the company and position. Offer came 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• If cost were not an issue, can you show how you would design a network, including subnets, routers, firewalls, ids, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omaha, NE

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Solutionary (Omaha, NE) in April 2009.

Interview

The human resources representative was kind/presentable on the phone. The first question asked was "Can you give me the 7 layers of the OSI model"? This was the first in a series of questions that revolved around common network knowledge. I was then asked to describe what layer(s) of the OSI model a router, hub, and switch operated on.

Interview Questions

• What are the 7 layers of the OSI model.   1 Answer

Hourly rate was too low for the requirements/knowledge needed to do the job successfully.