Interview Question

Assistant National Bank Examiner Interview

Office of the Comptroller of the Currency

Some questions I have gathered from previous reviews: Tell us of a time you worked with a difficult person.   Describe an ethical hurdle you overcame   Tell me about a time you had to deal with change at a job or school and how did you overcome the challenge?   Described a difficult situation that you were in, and how did you resolve it ?

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

111 Answers

I called and we should get results in about a week.

Anonymous on

Not specifically. Each of the hypotheticals were situations you would face as an examiner and you just have to walk them through what you’d do. The Eastern district may be completely different, though

I GOT ON OFFER AHHHHHHHH This is for Central District

Anonymous on

Northeastern region here. Haven't gotten a phone call yet. I'm really feeling down at this point. I have been dreaming about this opportunity for so long. I don't have a plan B. This was plan A all along.

Anonymous on

Anyone see a change on USAJOBS? Mine is still showing reviewed.

T on

From a previous cycle, application status does not matter. It could be different now , but previously my application turned to referred and I was not given an offer.

Anonymous on

No offer here either - Feeling pretty down because I thought it went pretty well.

Anonymous on

No offer here, also pretty down. But, life goes on. We still got far in the process which is encouraging. I just wish we didn’t have to wait a full year before there is another opportunity to apply. Wish there was a spring one

Anonymous on

Is there for sure not a spring hiring cycle?

Anonymous on

The OCC website says to check back in January 2020 for spring recruitment availability.

Well nevermind! That’s great news

Anonymous on

Hopefully we don’t have to retake those tests :|

Anonymous on

You have to retake the test each time unless they change it.

Anonymous on

Do you know where they mainly have training teams in the Western District?

Anonymous on

Has anyone received an offer from the Southern District?

me on

Have you all been reimbursed for expenses yet?

Anonymous on

Those that accepted offers, have you gotten any additional info?

Anonymous on

This is my 3rd time through the process. Has anyone heard back with their test scores?

Anonymous on

How long until we receive our test scores?

Anonymous on

I wish I knew they answer to that

Anonymous on

Does anyone know whether writing response is recorded automatically when time runs out? I did not get a chance to press the record answer button for the writing section.

Anonymous on

I am under the impression that you had to press record answer for anything to be submitted

Anonymous on

I, too, was under the impression we had to press record. If anyone finds out when we should expect to get the exam results, please post it.

Anonymous on

I, too, was under the impression we had to press record answer. If anyone finds out when we should expect to get the exam results, please post it.

Anonymous on

I'm one of those that accepted an offer and have not received additional info. Maybe one of you guys should email ANBE Recruiting and ask? But typically, something comes out the following week after the offer is extended.

Anonymous on

I just got the Employment Offer email from the recruiter. It just confirmed salaries and locations (plural if you're being relocated for training). Then it says I'll receive another email "in the next few weeks" from HR regarding other pre-employment stuff like the Travel Card and the 2nd background investigation.

Anonymous on

What district are you in?

Anonymous on

Email or phone call? I also interviewed with Central district and haven’t gotten anything. Guess that means I didn’t make it :(

Anonymous on

It was a phone call, I didn’t get any emails from the OCC yet. Also this was the week we were expecting offers and it’s pretty early in the day so I wouldn’t give up hope. It’s likely I was just closer to the top of the list of names they plan to call.

Anonymous on

Cool, congrats! Does your application on USAJobs say anything different or does it still say “Reviewed?”

Anonymous on

As of now, it still just says "Reviewed"

Anonymous on

Gotcha. Last question I promise, did you get the call from the field office location or from Chicago?

Anonymous on

I got the call from Chicago. Our lead recruiter (the guy who does most of the emails to us) should be the one calling you

Anonymous on

What office in the central region was your offer for and when did you interview?

B on

did only central region hear back yet?

Anonymous on

Still no call so just going to guess I didn’t get it. It sucks but I expected it. Just didn’t click with the interviewers. Still happy I got as far as I did I guess :/

Anonymous on

Offers probably just started today. There is still some hope for us for now lol

B on

Which office was the central region offer for?

Anonymous on

I won't say which office specifically because it might be identifying info. I interviewed on the 20th tho.

Anonymous on

Just got an offer for Northeastern region today.

Anonymous on

Do you all have any tips on the interview for next time? That’s surely where I messed up

Anonymous on

Just received a phone call from recruiter; however, he left a voicemail and asked me to call him back.

Anonymous on

Congrats to those who got offers. Not much hope left probably for the rest of us lol

B on

For those of you who have received offers, have you received the confirmation email with the offer details or know when we will receive it?

Anonymous on

I haven't gotten any emails from the OCC regarding my offer, but I'll keep you guys posted if I do eventually.

Anonymous on

received offer for northeastern region this morning !!!!!!

Anonymous on

Kind of jumping the gun here but.. If I were to receive an offer, do you guys think it's possible to ask for second choice office assignment if given the offer for first choice office?

Anonymous on

No clue. I was interviewed by the field office managers of the first location I chose

Anonymous on

Yeah the people I interviewed with are from neither of the field offices I applied to

Anonymous on

How did everyone feel they did on the interview? Was dying of thirst by the end of it lol

Anonymous on

Was yours the same format as I said?

Anonymous on

Did anyone else got their credit pulled? Mine was pulled the same day as my interview.

Anonymous on

To the person who got their credit pulled already, what district did you interview at?

Eastern

When did you go to CED?

Anonymous on

I went to CED in NY. During their presentation, they said offers would roll out the week of November 25th and during the interview, they said they would wrap up by December 9th. So offers will be given out Nov. 25th to Dec, 9th. Everyone should post their district and when they get their offer as they're rolled out. I believe anyone that is not offered a position is sent an email. Let us know -T

Anonymous on

did anyone get an offer yet from the NE district yet?

Anonymous on

What were some of the questions. I’m hoping to interview in the spring

Anonymous on

Just received email from Central District saying they are reviewing a large number of interview results and will they will be in contact by second week of December

Anonymous on

Received the same email listed above and also applied and interviewed for central region. I was starting to get worried because I’m previous cycles, offers are out by now. Good luck to others waiting.

B on

I have also just received the same exact email; however, I applied and interviewed in the Northeastern District.

Anonymous on

Yeah, I reread my email. It is not central region specific, so I assume all regions are in delay. Hopefully that means they are hiring a lot and good news for all of us.

B on

I received the same email, and I interviewed for the Western district, so probably not region specific.

Anonymous on

That is good news. It’s been a long wait!

Anonymous on

Any word yet for anyone?

Anonymous on

I havent heard anything yet either. Longest wait ever, I tested the 6th of october.

Anonymous on

Just got an email about my results, everyone should be hearing very soon if you havent already. Best of luck

Anonymous on

Did you just get your results back, or did you get an invitation for interview as well?

Anonymous on

I tested on Oct 15th and haven't heard anything yet.

Anonymous on

I tested on Oct 15th and haven't heard anything yet.

Anonymous on

I just received an email that there was an update to my application on usajobs.... it has changed from referred to testing to reviewed saying I meet minimum qualification requirements. Does this mean I passed the test?

Anonymous on

I think that's what it means. However, it looks like they will only extend interviews to the highest scorers.

Anonymous on

I called the number on the website and the person said that only people who didnt pass the test received an email. So if you didnt get an email last week expect an email in a week or so stating if you qualified for an interview or not.

Anonymous on

I just received my email for interview for the Southern District. Anyone else?

Anonymous on

I just got my email to interview in the Central District.

Anonymous on

Just got the invite to the Central District interview as well

Anonymous on

I received an email for an interview in the central district. Nov 19th in Chicago

Anonymous on

I received an email from Northern District that I passed the assessments and I would know by Nov. 15th if I got an interview.

OCC on

I received my email for Southern District saying I passed and would know by Nov. 15th if I received an interview.

Anonymous on

I also got an email from Northern district that I passed and should know if I get an interview no later than 11/15.

Anonymous on

I received an email earlier this week to go into NY headquarters for interview/career exploration day! Came with travel plans/reimbursements, criminal and background check documents, etc. Good luck to everyone!

Anonymous on

Just got my itinerary to visit the Central District office. Get hype!

Anonymous on

Has anyone from the southern district received an email about an interview?

I have an interview on the 19th for the southern district

Anonymous on

Does anyone know how long Career Exploration Day/Interview is?

Anonymous on

How did everyone feel about the interview? It was very hypothetical/situational based. A lot of the questions posted on here are dated. I prepared for hours and didn’t really use anything I had prepared to say. Fingers crossed for an offer

Anonymous on

What kind of questions did you see?

Anonymous on

I still have my interview on the 21st for the eastern district. What’s the newer questions that you saw?

Anonymous on

The interview was 12 questions. Six hypothetical situations where you had to talk about what you’d do in that situation. The other six were behavioral questions where you had to bring up past experiences.

Anonymous on

Do you recall any examples of the hypothetical and behavioral questions that they asked?

Anonymous on

Has anyone received a rejection email yet?

Nope. Pretty stupid

Unfortunately I just received a rejection letter from the Central Region

Anonymous on

Northeast Region - got email that they’re taking an additional 30-60 days to make their selections...

Anonymous on

Yes, I am in the Northeastern region and I received the same email stating it would be 30 - 60 more days.

Same Central

Anonymous on

You got an email from Central saying they need 30-60 more days? What did the letter say? (I got an offer from Central)

Anonymous on

I think it depends which specific office you applied for. Some offices already gave offers/rejections. Some (probably the offices with A LOT of positions available) are still working on offers. I know the office I applied to has MANY offers to give out.

Anonymous on

No, I was saying I got a rejection from central too

Received an offer this week from the NE District

Anonymous on

Anyone else got the official Appointment Letter yet?

Anonymous on

did anyone receive the official offer letter yet?

Anonymous on

I've not. I'll update here once I do.

Anonymous on

I just received the Official Offer Letter. (Central district) Just has info on some stuff you need to do before June (background investigation stuff, travel card form, etc.)

Anonymous on

I just received rejection email for the Northeast district.

Just received my reimbursement today from Career Day in November

Anyone training in DC?

Who is working in NYC?

I received my official letter yesterday (1/9) for Central District as well

Central

Anonymous on

I haven’t been reimbursed yet

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.