KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

SonarSource Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 38 of over 38 interviews

2.9
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at SonarSource

SonarSource

Application

I interviewed at SonarSource

Interview

An initial half-hour presenation interview. The company's organization and various projects are explained. You are then asked about your educational and professional background. A second technical interview, also lasting half an hour.

Interview Questions
  • -solving an exercise on online editor -questions about data structures ArrayList and LinkedList, their differences, Algorithms and Complexities
    Answer Question

SonarSource

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SonarSource in Sep 2022

Interview

I applied on LinkedIn. I had 30 minutes call with HR and then 1 hour technical interview. The interviewer asked me average c# questions, I listed them below. Then he gave me small coding task. I think I answered those questions correctly and solved the coding task. But few hours later I got a negative feedback, they said my english isn't good enough. Fortunately, I didn't expect anything from this interview because I have read the glassdoor reviews, so it did not hurt my self-confidence:)

Interview Questions
  • Yield statement, Garbage collector, IDisposable-finalize What do you pay attention to on the code review? What is Liskov substitution means

The latest conversations about Tech

Technical Account Manager

64 Comments

Join the conversation on

SonarSource

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SonarSource in Aug 2022

Interview

For the first step, I had a call with HR and then I had the online coding exercises. The second step was an online technical interview: I solved a simple algorithm problem with a team member + some basic java questions. The third step is an on-site interview with two team members, you have 3 iterations of 45 minutes for developing a balance calculator, between each iteration you should explain what you have done, etc. Lunch with other team members. I got feedback after lunch, and it was negative. My feelings : 1. They can always find something not good in your code to stop your hiring process, I feel that they did not try to find the good things in your code but the bad things. 2. Don't believe the positive feedbacks they gave during the three iterations pauses, the final feedback will be propably different. 3. They expect something that they don't require at the beginning. 4. Only the points they consider important are important I have read some interview feedback saying that they don't really want to hire people, I did not believe it, but now I think I may change my mind.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

SonarSource

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SonarSource in Aug 2022

Interview

I just didn't reach the contract-reception step. Went through all the other recruitment steps. All went quite fast, smoothly and with feedback provided quickly. Except the HR one at the end.

Interview Questions
  • What would you implement to process this string containing this arithmetical expression? (compiler exercise for 3h) What algorithm would you implement for finding at which step of the ladder the eggs would break if you had 1 egg only? if you had a basket of eggs...? What did you learn about yourself in the last 3-4 months? Cite 4 qualities of yours. What problem did you have at work recently? What did you do in there?
1 person found this interview helpful

SonarSource

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SonarSource in Aug 2022

Interview

I applied to SonarSource as a software developer with 6,5 years of experience in static analysis, which is exactly the profile of the company. The recruiter said that I am the first person who applies with such specific background and they were very happy about it. They skipped the initial leetcode test. I outperformed on the next stage (0,5 hour technical interview) and successfully passed the 3 hours technical interview. Finally, HR stopped my interview process. Problem: team collaboration. This is strange, because during the whole interview I told her how we discuss everything inside our team. What are they looking for, if they reject static analysis experts?

Interview Questions
  • Tech 1: Write a function which looks for two elements in an array whose sum is a specific number. Can you do it in O(1) time? Tech 2: A very simple parser of expressions. Build a syntax tree, evaluate the expression and find operations resulting in division by zero.

SonarSource

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at SonarSource in Aug 2022

Interview

The process took about three months. 1- algorithms questions 2- Interview with Recruiter 3- first 1-hour Technical interview 4- Second 3-hours Technical interview 5- People and culture fit interview 6- Interview with CEO The first five steps were significant. The people were so communicative, and I enjoyed talking with them. The first technical question was some git and maven and data structure questions. The second was about creating a calculator on three 45 minutes quarters. I applied for a remote position in Turkey. Most companies check with you about how they can hire you before the lengthy interview process and check if they can do it or not. But in Sonar, it happens reversely. I got the offer. The first offer was 24000US$ yearly. I was shocked. Local companies offer significantly higher than this amount. Still, after my objection, the CEO increased it slightly, but it wasn't competitive and was like local Turkish companies, not European companies. But I accepted the offer Because It was Sonar Source, and I felt I could improve my Resume. Then they just started to see how they can hire someone remotely from Turkey. Our only choice was to register a company by me and sign a b2b contract. After writing letters for a month and a half, that the CEO replied to me once a week, he rejected and told me this will require too much work on our side to make this work, and we are not going to pursue the process. So easy, just taking my time without any compensation. For sure, it's a good company. But check the salary with them at the first step. And if you are going to apply for a remote job, check with them if they can hire you or not.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva

Application

I interviewed at SonarSource (Geneva)

Interview

I replied to their job offer on Linkedin and received a positive reply to my application more than a month later, which at this point, I had accepted another job elsewhere.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vernier

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SonarSource (Vernier) in Jun 2022

Interview

They have a first meeting with to get to know you, your experience, what do you expect from the job position and present the company. If you get past the first interview, you are presented a technical challenge about static analysis. I didn't move forward, so that's what I know about the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • What is my knowledge / experience regarding the development of static analysis.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SonarSource (Geneva)

Interview

Six steps process: 1. Online exercise 2. Phone screen with team member 3. 1 hour algorithms 4. 3 hour simulation of handling tasks 5. People and coulture 6. Negotiation with CEO

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at SonarSource (Berlin) in Apr 2022

Interview

Online Assessment General Interview Small coding interview 3 hour coding interview People and culture interview CEO round Cleared till people and culture interview. Failed the people and culture interview. Programming questions were easy. Not sure what is their expectation on "people and culture". Please don't waste time and get disappointed.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 38 Interviews