Sonatype Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sonatype Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Sonatype

3.3

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonatype in August 2016.

Interview

Initial phone call with a recruiter asking about your job history. Followed by a technical phone screen. The interview process was fairly standard. There were a lot of questions geared towards Java concurrency, Java 7 and 8 language features and basic object oriented design patterns. It's clear that SonaType is looking for developers that have a deep breadth of exposure in Java.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement the Singleton pattern?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Sonatype

Anonymous Employee in Fulton, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonatype (Fulton, MD).

Interview

Fairly typical tech interview process. Initial discussion with recruiter -> technical screening -> 3-4 technical interviews. Additionally, there was a small take home project. It is a pretty big time investment for candidates, but the company is also investing time to thoroughly vet them. It is very apparent that they care about hiring high quality, thoughtful people.

Interview Questions

• Java 7/8, design patterns, system design, algorithms, data structures, problem solving   Answer Question
    • Agile methodologies, personal working style, software philosophy   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonatype.

Interview

Technical questions interview after the recruiter interview, followed by a take home project that was disqualified because of their incorrect definition of how to translate numerals into English language equivalents. They also required the use of a build tool despite that never being communicated in the requirements provided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sonatype (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted an application and despite a decade of experience I received a canned rejection letter. I was not given an explanation of why I was not considered. I believe I am qualified for the position and that it would have been a good fit.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sonatype (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Had 2 initial HR interviews with a very nice gentleman, then a 1-1 phone screen followed by a take home challenge. The phone screen was very heavily geared towards CI/CD tools, agile methodologies, Spring framework and in-depth Java. The take-home challenge wasn't difficult, but they expected you to write your own tests (using JUnit or similar), and provide build and run instructions and scripts. It's unlike other coding challenges in this regard, and thus I didn't think to include the tests and scripts with my submission. Because of that I was rejected.

I feel the company could have been a bit more explicit in their instructions for the challenge, but I guess they wanted to see if the candidate will naturally include these items with their submission.

Interview Questions

• Create a program that transforms a number into its English language equivalent   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sonatype (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2019.

Interview

Sleepy, scruffy interviewers over web cam. After 7 interviews they ghosted and stopped responding to emails. They sweetly promised feedback at the onset but they will drop you like a sack. Just avoid this company unless you have contributed heavily to open source software.

Interview Questions

• What are the differences between Java and JavaScript?   Answer Question
    • What open source software have you contributed to and can we see the Github URLs?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you deserve this job?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sonatype (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied for Backend Software Engineer. I didn't make it past the video conversation with the recruiter but I have laid out what the process will be like, Overall it has been a great learning experience for me and the feedback received was actually very useful compared to other companies I have applied.

1. An initial phone screen with recruiter.
    2. Video interview with recruiter.
    3. Technical screening with folks from Engineering
    4. Take home assignment
    5. Interview with Senior Management.

Interview Questions

• How much salary are you seeking?   1 Answer
    • What companies are you interviewing for? and where does Sonatype stand?   Answer Question