Sonic Interview Questions in Austin, TX | Glassdoor

1.4

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Crew Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Marcos, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sonic (San Marcos, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online and got called the next morning for an interview. I went in about 5 minutes early and she came out right away. She was super cool and I basically got the job on the spot. She didn't really ask much like "tell me about yourself" or anything like that, she was asking questions like "when can you work" and she told me the roles as a crew member and the uniform requirements. She then gave me a list of things to bring back and she said once that's done I'll get the paperwork. She was really chill and I felt like I was taking to a friend.

Prep/Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sonic (Austin, TX) in February 2016.

Interview

Manager met with me soon after I applied. She was forthcoming and personable. She described several roles and the hours available for each. She asked about several portions of my resume and I gave her more indepth information. When I told her which role suited me best, we discussed ho the operation is staffed and how that role fit in.

Interview Questions

• What hours could I work?
      What role did I prefer?
      Did I mind hard work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't negotiate. She offered what she could do based on my resume and I accepted.

CarHop Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonic (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I knew someone who had worked at Sonic, so I submitted an application. I called the Sonic and asked to talk with the General Manager. I let them know so-and-so referred me and the GM asked when I could come in to interview. All I was asked was how old I was and what my availability was. It is fairly easy to get a job at Sonic especially when they are understaffed, which is frequently.

Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sonic (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was semi formal. To be honest I'm not completely sure, I've never worked here but have heard negative things from friends I have who did. I just wanted full access to this website but have never actually worked anywhere other than babysitting and occupations of the like. Apparently I need more words to fulfill the minimum word count but yeah i don't know, I've only had sonic once though, fast food isn't really my cup of tea, especially since I heard about how it is to work there.

CarHop Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pflugerville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonic (Pflugerville, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was called a few days later. When they took me inside, they took me to their back room which was absolutely disgusting. After that I was asked some questions but declined their offer.

Interview Questions

Gross place, poor pay (4.25/hr plus tips).

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonic (Austin, TX) in September 2014.

Interview

I walked in and was told to call the next day, I called and was told to come in the next day to fill out my paperwork, and when I came in I was told I was hired on the spot because the gm had worked 19 days straight and I would be on the schedule for 50 hours per week Monday through friday

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonic (Austin, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

friendly, easy. they really care that you will make it to work, hours you can work and if you are reliable. this job is easy to get if you show that you have flexible schedule and are a reliable person

Interview Questions

• do you have reliable transportation   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonic (Austin, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

I was hired on the spot. Only asked a few brief questions. Asked me my strengths and weaknesses and how I would improve the culture of the business. I knew an employee who worked there and said positive things about me. I began work the next day