Sonic (Internet and Phone) Network Technician Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Network Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Rosa, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonic (Internet and Phone) (Santa Rosa, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Was recommended to apply for the NOC by a friend after moving to town. It took almost 6 months but when they called me, and I indicated I was still interested, they scheduled me for an interview. I went into the interview with IT experience & education, but relatively zero networking knowledge or experience. I was interviews by 2 people, a Manager and a Sr. Rep. The bulk of the questions were focused on my history and what providing excellent customer service meant to me.

Interview Questions

• Technical assessment was comprised of "Here's a home wireless router and here's a computer in the network. How does the router know which computer has which IP address?"   2 Answers

Negotiation

After about a week the Manager called me, "Seeing as how you have very little experience in the field (essentially none) we'd like to offer you $X per hour with the understanding that you'll get a significant raise after 1 year of experience." The environment is more complex now, and you'll be required to have more networking knowledge than I clearly had (none?). As a result there is probably more pay negotiation that may take place.