SonicWALL Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SonicWALL Interview Questions

N/A Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SonicWALL (Tempe, AZ).

Interview

Interview process was very quick and easy. Simply asked what I knew of the product and was more reviewed on my personality and what I enjoyed rather than my skills developed.

Pre-Sales Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SonicWALL (Arlington, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied for this position through the DELL Sonicwall website. I was approached by the recruiter the next day itself. She set me up with the hiring manager on the 2nd day who in turn scheduled me for 2 technical interviews in the following two days.
    Within a week, the whole process was over and I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• The technical interview was fairly deep. You need to have knowledge about each and every aspects of networking.
      1. OSI Model
      12. Cryptography
      13. Next gen firewall
      14. Stateful firewall
      15. common ports
      and many many many more questions.
      Answer Question

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty smooth, just asked what is needed and they were flexible us now knowing many different things, just tested if we understood and fit well for the job.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SonicWALL.

Interview

Initial phone interview with Manager followed by a Technical Panel Interview. This was followed by another technical phone interview followed by HR. The initial interview was all about getting to know you. The panel interview was more scenario based questions along with the usual technical questions. The follow up phone interview was impromptu to gauge how one responds to unexpected questions when not prepared.

Interview Questions

• How will you react if the Client is upset even though its not your fault.   Answer Question

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

I've been in this company 5 interviews, two of them were on the phone and three face-to-face. I was told that they would give an answer within 24 hours but have not answered, and answered in a week

Engineering Project Manager (ISO Compliance) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

HR responded in less then 24hrs to my resume submitted via Dell website. Had interview with hiring manager in 24hrs. Interviewed with two potential peer managers then the hiring manager. Ran out of time with hiring manager. I researched Dell SonicWall briefly through ReferenceUSA, a current employee in a different organization from the , plus a user of their products. The culture seems laid back but fast paste. There seems to be concern about how engineers all have their own way of doing things, but not enough concern to mandate standards. They do not want someone who will rock the boat or add non-productive tasks to the engineers workload. Dell just acquired SonicWall in April 2012 and is taking a slow approach to integrating them into the corporate culture. Managers are not "people managers" in the traditional sense. They are more project/process managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the network architecture and products you used on previous projects.   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I got a phone interview with an engineer in the group. Then I came in for an onsite interview with manager and a group of engineers.

Interview Questions

• I was given a code exercise during the onsite interview. The questions are not very difficult and just unexpected. Also, some of questions themselves are not correct and I need correct the questions before answering them.   2 Answers

Negotiation

Yes, I'm able to negotiate my base salary.

Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SonicWALL (San Jose, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

phone int
    1) Asked me about basic networking questions related to TCP/IP, STP, VLANs, Asked me about previous work experience.Asked about some Basic Security questions

Onsite

Detailed questions about Security and networking questions like Tunneling,vlans,routing..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It is a bit irritating negotiating with them.

Not great salaries.

They still negotiate even if your are being payed less than the market pay

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SonicWALL (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied through a Consultancy, Had a telephonic round first where they asked questions like DHCP Relay, difference between EMS/NMS testing, and some on selenium. Although I did not answer much I got into second round where they asked me to prepare for a 4-5Hrs Interview.
    When I first went there The Manager himself came to reception and took me to some meeting room. He was good and we had a long chat about my life and career history, and he took down each and every information on his dairy. Later he asked couple of technical questions, which I answers , but could not answer couple which I did not mention in my resume. After 2 hrs of discussion, he asked me to sit and called another person to take another technical rounds, It was easy as I was prepared for it. Mostly these questions are same as what he asked in the telephonic round. Once He is done with the interview, he went asking me to wait and after 5 mins , he came back and said I can leave at which point I released probably the HR is on leave.

Interview Questions

• DHCP Relay, SNMP, Insert element into a sorted array, reverse a string, sql query, step-by-step of email transaction and questions related to my projects. and how to calculate total no: of squares in 8x8 or 4x4 square.   1 Answer

Product Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SonicWALL (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview Process was good. Had to appear in four rounds total. But due to some business changes they're still not releasing the offer, even 2 months after clearing all rounds in interview.

Interview Questions

• Almost everything related to Networking, mostly Layer 2 and Layer 3. Also DHCP and DNS Servers.   Answer Question