Sonoco Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

1. Featured Interview

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter a month after submitting an application and I had a phone interview. Two weeks after the phone interview, I was asked to do a formal round table interview with the department supervisors. Two weeks after the formal interview, I was asked to have a lunch interview with a few current employees. A week later, Sonoco offered me a job.

Intern Interview

Interview

The hiring process was brief. I think it was just a phone call if I remember correctly. It didn't take me very long. I am not sure if this is an accurate representation of the hiring process, though.

Anonymous Employee in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in February 2015.

Interview

Started with video Async interview (one-sided which was a little awkward), they flew me out to headquarters a few days later with rental car and nice hotel accommodations. Had a full day of interviews with multiple different people including going to lunch and interviewing with the VP, and I found out I was hired 3 days later. Very speedy process and everyone made me feel very welcome!

Interview Questions

• How would you respond to a veteran plant employee telling you that he knows his job and you don't, so you can't tell him what to do or how things would be "better"?   Answer Question
    • What is the biggest challenge you've had in life so far?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Baton Rouge, LA) in September 2013.

Interview

Went to a campus recruiting event my sophomore year with no experience at all, and I was approached my a representative so I immediately took it as a good sign that they maybe be interested. Interviewed the next day. That was my first interview and I was nervous. The interviewer was very nice though and gave me great feedback.

SETUP TECH Interview

Anonymous Employee in Morristown, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Morristown, TN) in November 2014.

Interview

It was laid back and had all the usual question. Very good interview. This company will take good care of its employess. You get plenty of money for nice work shoes as soon as your hired and they give uniforms that include 5 pairs of nice work pants a year and shirts

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sonoco Products in January 2009.

Interview

The process took a long time overall, but once I actually interviewed with various people was not too stressful or grueling. Met many key functional leads for a full day and they all asked fairly similar questions (mostly on background and experience).

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult boss you had and what you did to handle the situation   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes, I initially declined and asked for more salary (not by much), and more vacation

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in April 2014.

Interview

It was fairly simple, I had a panel interview with 3-4 people for the first round, the second round included an interview with the VP of Marketing. They asked me behavioral based questions. When is a time I've worked with a difficult team member? Things of that nature.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to lead a project? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Technical Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Winston-Salem, NC) in May 2012.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 employees that were members of the department hiring - questions asked were in regards to current experience, education and schooling as well as certifications and degrees. Other questions included inquiries about career goals, what I liked about my current jobs (had 2) and how I think this job would fold into the things I liked about my current jobs at that time.

Interview Questions

• Why don't you have any certifications?   1 Answer

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Norwalk, CA).

Interview

You walk into a conference room with 3 people giving the interview. I presented myself answered all questions. Interview took about 45 minutes. They got back to me in about a week

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

General Laborer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Holyoke, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Holyoke, MA) in March 2014.

Interview

Have to go through a staffing agency to get an interview which includes a background check and drug test. Interview was very quick and includes a walk through on the production floor. They test you on basic manufacturing knowledge and general OSHA requirements.

Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position, HE contacted me to set up and interview. There was a panel interview with 3 mangers. Very open discussion. I actually had two interview close together for two separate positions (both in accounting/finance). After the interview HR contacted me again to discuss both interviews. I was then offered the accounting position (the one I wanted). HR then went over the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What did I see in my future career?   1 Answer