Sonoco Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sonoco Products Interview Questions

Updated Jan 25, 2018

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sonoco Products.

Interview

Review points on resume, casual, very kind. Started with asking about you, ended with letting you ask questions, also asked where you see yourself in 5 years, and asked about all of your previous work experience, and everything on the resume was asked about.

Interview Questions

Sonoco Products Response

Apr 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! We strive to make our candidate experience as positive as possible, and a reflection of the Sonoco Culture.

Packaging Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sonoco Products in November 2017.

Interview

Packaging science college week. Went with multiple other students to Hartsville, SC and conducted multiple interviews for different positions. Went into an office and spoke to two people that were extremely nice and inviting. They asked questions about my co-op experience as well as my extracurricular activities.

Interview Questions

Sonoco Products Response

Apr 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! We strive to make our candidate experience as positive as possible, and College Week is consistently our best way to interview as many students in the quickest fashion for... More

Forklift Operator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sonoco Products.

Interview

I was hired through a temp agency there was really no interview process, I submitted my resume online went into their office. They asked me a couple simple questions and told me to report to the job site.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working "occasional" overtime?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever drove a forklift before?   1 Answer

Apr 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! It is our goal to make the interview process as seamless and enjoyable as possible. If you'd like to share more feedback regarding your interview, please feel free to email... More

Production/Manufacturing Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburg, KS

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Pittsburg, KS) in September 2017.

Interview

I was selected for an interview at a university company days event. The interview was very relaxed and the three interviewers were very easy to talk to. Most of the questions were about my prior experience with the hardest question being "describe a time you made a mistake".

Interview Questions

Sonoco Products Response

Apr 23, 2018

Thank you for your review! Our relationship with Pittsburg State University is one we strongly value. We are pleased to hear you had a positive experience!

Graphic Artist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Huntersville, NC).

Interview

Phone screen, then in person interview with hiring manager. Interview questions and format was average to below average, however, the hiring manager answered a phone call mid interview and talked for ~5mins in front of candidate. After interview during phone conversation, hiring manager communicated that an offer was being prepared. Following that phone call no one at Sonoco Products did not return phone calls or e-mail communication.

Market Segment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC).

Interview

Easy applied via LinkedIn. Was contacted within a week to set up an initial phone screen interview. Basic questions. Then phone interview with the hiring manager. Then flown into Hartsville to meet leaders in number of groups, including several division marketing directors, R&D directors, and HR managers. Actually got to finish the day interviewing with the CMO who really sold me on Sonoco.

Most everyone was great honestly. Very friendly, sharp and knowledgeable. They had a few difficult marketing-intensive questions, however most of the day was spent walking through my experiences which were very well aligned with the role.

Sonoco does real marketing. It would be an attractive opportunity for anyone with a manufacturing B2B marketing background in their existing market verticals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a significant challenge, and how you solved for the better?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Did 3 phone interviews with some follow up. Got invited on site for an individual interviews with 3 different people. The interviews were very laid back, mostly asking me about my experience.

However, it was disappointing to find out during the final interview that the actual job was VERY different from the job posting itself. I was not made aware of this beforehand and there seemed to be a disconnect between the recruiter who initially contacted me and the hiring manager. They ultimately went with another candidate who had more experience specific to the ACTUAL job responsibilities.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was during their college recruitment week. There was a info-session/drinks/snacks the first night, then the interview and tour the next day. They didn't ask very many questions during the interview and ended it early which left me confused because they had flown me across the country to be there. It's really important to try to network during the lunch session and sell yourself as much as you can.

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Norwalk, CA).

Interview

You walk into a conference room with 3 people giving the interview. I presented myself answered all questions. Interview took about 45 minutes. They got back to me in about a week

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sonoco Products.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter out of hartsville about the opportunity. They asked for my current resume and salary information. I was then set up with a phone interview with plant manager and operations manager. I then came to the plant for an in person interview. After the in-plant interview I was set up with a phone interview with the area manufacturing manager. I was then set up with a phone interview with the VP of manufacturing. I then received updates every 2 weeks from the recruiter. After 2 months I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends, night shift, and 12 hour shifts.   1 Answer