Sonoco Products Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sonoco Products Interview Questions

Updated Mar 27, 2017

Market Segment Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC).

Interview

Easy applied via LinkedIn. Was contacted within a week to set up an initial phone screen interview. Basic questions. Then phone interview with the hiring manager. Then flown into Hartsville to meet leaders in number of groups, including several division marketing directors, R&D directors, and HR managers. Actually got to finish the day interviewing with the CMO who really sold me on Sonoco.

Most everyone was great honestly. Very friendly, sharp and knowledgeable. They had a few difficult marketing-intensive questions, however most of the day was spent walking through my experiences which were very well aligned with the role.

Sonoco does real marketing. It would be an attractive opportunity for anyone with a manufacturing B2B marketing background in their existing market verticals.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you encountered a significant challenge, and how you solved for the better?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in February 2017.

Interview

Did 3 phone interviews with some follow up. Got invited on site for an individual interviews with 3 different people. The interviews were very laid back, mostly asking me about my experience.

However, it was disappointing to find out during the final interview that the actual job was VERY different from the job posting itself. I was not made aware of this beforehand and there seemed to be a disconnect between the recruiter who initially contacted me and the hiring manager. They ultimately went with another candidate who had more experience specific to the ACTUAL job responsibilities.

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was during their college recruitment week. There was a info-session/drinks/snacks the first night, then the interview and tour the next day. They didn't ask very many questions during the interview and ended it early which left me confused because they had flown me across the country to be there. It's really important to try to network during the lunch session and sell yourself as much as you can.

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Norwalk, CA).

Interview

You walk into a conference room with 3 people giving the interview. I presented myself answered all questions. Interview took about 45 minutes. They got back to me in about a week

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sonoco Products.

Interview

I was contacted by a corporate recruiter out of hartsville about the opportunity. They asked for my current resume and salary information. I was then set up with a phone interview with plant manager and operations manager. I then came to the plant for an in person interview. After the in-plant interview I was set up with a phone interview with the area manufacturing manager. I was then set up with a phone interview with the VP of manufacturing. I then received updates every 2 weeks from the recruiter. After 2 months I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work weekends, night shift, and 12 hour shifts.   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Columbia, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Very light questions, mostly behavioral. However, there were two people interviewing me. The woman was extremely nice, while the man seemed more serious. Made me feel a little self conscious, as she would laugh at my 'jokes' and he would not.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with corporate leadership first, then at the plant level. First time this has ever happened and I think it is an excellent idea to ensure the candidate is aligned with the corporate values. The leadership panel asked tough and thoughtful questions. At the plant, the leadership team made sure I would be a good cultural fit.

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in May 2016.

Interview

I was recruited and went in for a 3 person panel interview. They asked the standard questions and wanted me to share any knowledge I had of the company and it's history.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience prepare you for this job?   Answer Question

Accountant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied for the position, HE contacted me to set up and interview. There was a panel interview with 3 mangers. Very open discussion. I actually had two interview close together for two separate positions (both in accounting/finance). After the interview HR contacted me again to discuss both interviews. I was then offered the accounting position (the one I wanted). HR then went over the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What did I see in my future career?   1 Answer

Corporate Office Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartsville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonoco Products (Hartsville, SC) in February 2016.

Interview

Very organized. Phone interview with recruiter was first step. Then, invited to do a video interview, which you do at home using a webcam but only recording your answers (not a Skype exerience). The process was not complicated, and there is an instructional/tips video you cam watch beforehand so you have an idea what to expect--but, I was not given the ability to "test" first or re-record (I'm sure to simulate a live interview). There were less than 10 questions which you can only fully see after clicking but there is a space to type notes to yourself to refer to when talking - that was helpful. After the video interview, which was shared internally, I was invited for an onsite interview with various people in the department I would be working with. Again, this was very well organized and an overall positive experience. The format was panel interviews with two groups of people and lunch with someone who would be my peer. They also coordinated an area tour with a local realtor since I would have to relocate.

Interview Questions

• What is an example of a situation where I had to influence that I thought had a significant impact?   Answer Question