Sonus Networks Interview Questions in Westford, MA | Glassdoor

2.6

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Quality Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was one of the best experiences I had. All the interviewers were super friendly. The tested me on conceptual questions. You must know OSI Layers and some basic knowledge of Perl.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in July 2015.

Interview

A phone call from the manager followed by an on site interview with the team. The team of 4 or 5 members each test you on specific aspects of the job. They were extremely polite and respectful of all candidates.

Interview Questions

• SIP, TCP/IP, Linux Troubleshooting, Wireshark, Python.   1 Answer

Senior Principal Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process is overall unprofessional. The hiring manager called for phone screening and he spoke most of the time. The in person interview ended and hiring manager asked me to call back the day after to checkin and when I did so he would not return my calls or answers and hangs up with an excuse.

HR was absent all together through the entire process. When brought up the issue with the CEO and the HR, they both said positive things and wanted to talk to me in person, but at the end of the they did not.

Interview Questions

• Trivial questions. For some reasons they all asked the same question on how I would help the company.   Answer Question

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in September 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone screens and in-person rounds. Started with VP of group, then went to several Technical directors to determine best fit, then immediate manager and finally Human Resources for offer, salary and package negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Different technology questions to see best fit in organization.   Answer Question
    • What is my style for learning and training.   Answer Question
    • Try to get feel for personality type.   Answer Question
    • Asked example sales wins, typical PoC process and customer segment experience.   Answer Question

Sales Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in December 2013.

Interview

I went through three rounds of interviews for this position with the hiring manager, a peer to the hiring manager and Senior VP department management. The process started with a phone screen and continued with two onsite interviews with management.
    The three interview stages were conducted quickly over two week period. Following the final interview with senior management I was told I would hear back soon. From that point all communication slowed down and eventually stopped all together without a formal notification that I had not been selected. While there is no guarantee a candidate will be hired from an interview process I would expect after making it into the final round I would at least be formally notified that I was not selected which did not happen. The recruiter I was working with stopped responding and I was never notified that they had passed.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral based questions about how I would deal with scenarios specific to the role.   Answer Question

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in October 2011.

Interview

Group interview with a number of senior managers. kinda chaotic, not well organized. Spent minimal amount of time with each, didn't lead to opportunity to ask many questions. Went into job not as well as informed as maybe I could of been. Mind seemed made up that I was going to get the job before interview even started

Business Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in August 2010.

Interview

Employee friend of mine referred me to Strategy group. I had previously worked at Sonus so I knew a number of people within the company, although I did not know the hiring manager. Had initial, quick phone conversation with VP Strategy and he suggested I come in to meet him in Westford. Met with VP Strategy and had a very informal discussion around the industry, the emerging technologies and the competitors within the space. Discussion lasted about 1.5hours.
    Met with VP Human Resources and we discussed overall processes Sonus operates under, pay plans and structure around packages as well as company advancement and mobility options.
    After meeting with VP HR, went back to meet up with VP Strategy and he signaled his intention that he was interested in putting an offer together.
    Over following couple of weeks, had numerous phone conversations with VP Strategy and negotiations began for an offer.

Interview Questions

• Since the interview process was very informal and discussion like, there wasn't any one question that was unexpected. The difficulty was in knowing whether the topics of conversation were adequately answered by me.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase had a lot of bureaucracy. I sometimes felt like I was negotiating to come work for a 5 billon dollar company instead of a 300 million dollar one. But my understanding is process is far better since 2012. My negotiation was in 2010 where the processes were from prior CEO/CFO

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westford, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in February 2010.

Interview

Interview was conducted separately by HR, Hiring Manager, 3 department heads in 4 hr window. Can be described as thorough.

Interview Questions

• Not sure of your qualifications?   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westford, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sonus Networks (Westford, MA) in March 2008.

Interview

very quick interviewed with 4-5 people, a few days later I was presented with an offer

Interview Questions

• How has your past experience helped you to qualify for this position.   1 Answer

Negotiation

salary