Sony Electronics Fresh Mind (Graduate Program) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

5.0

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Fresh Mind (Graduate Program) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Sony Electronics in April 2012.

Interview

Interview process comprises of 3 (plus 1) rounds.

First round is 1:1 interview with HR personnel. Before the interview, you would be required to write an essay related to Sony in 30 minutes. There were two questions given. Questions asked during this round are a combination of behavioral and standard interview questions like strengths and weaknesses.

Second round was a case challenge. We were randomly put in groups. The largest group size was 6, my group had 4 people. Within a time limit of 2h, the group would be expected to analyze a case on Sony product/ marcom, discuss and propose a business solution for the case with a Powerpoint presentation. Throughout the process, my group was observed by a panel of 8-9 management personnels from Sony.

The final round was an individual presentation. The question was released one week before the scheduled presentation, and we were allowed to present our presentation in any way we deemed appropriate. Do expect the senior management to be present. For my presentation, I presented to 6 senior managers. The entire presentation plus Q&A took about 45 minutes.

Sony took 6 weeks to get back to me after my first round, and 2 weeks after my second round. I was asked to complete an online psychometric test (iDISC) 1 week after my final presentation. And since then, I hadn't hear anything from them. It has been a month.

The psychometric test was an additional request from Sony, it was not told to us when I applied for the program.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you rise up to the occasion to solve a problem.   Answer Question