Sony Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2016

2.9

Sales Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I was surprised by how quickly they responded to my application. I'm used to tossing apps into the ether, never even knowing if a company looked at it. Sony got back to me in about three days. I had an interview with the Store Manager, which was short but more probing and personal than usual. That's a good thing, he wanted to get to know me as a person AND professional instead of the usual cookie-cutter questions. He wanted to move forward with his Assistant, so he asked if I could come back in a few hours when he came in. Of course I could! That interview went well, about the same length. They had a good cop/bad cop vibe, but that's how their personalities were, no big deal.The Store Manager then called me later and asked if I was available to speak with the Area Manager in two days. Wow... they don't mess around! After the interview with the Area Manger, which was more of a classic process, she offered me a position on the spot. Very impressed with this process. I understand that now they also use a personality test from a well-respected company to better discern how candidates will fit into the environment.

Interview Questions

• The process itself was unexpected! Hopefully it's like that for everyone, I enjoyed the shortness but more depth of it all.   Answer Question

Staff Attorney Interview

Interview

Fairly typical. Phone interview with the recruiter, followed by in person. I met with a total of four people separately on the day of the interview.

Intern Interview

Interview

Resume, Interview

Interview Questions

• What would you do if when doing a presentation the persons there told you that your data is not the correct   1 Answer

Negotiation

Started in a few months, salary is established.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Had multiple interviews with various department leads. It was a day long of interviews. The interview process was easy, but I have had many years experience and experience working with many different companies. However, this was my first corporate, big brand experience.

Interview Questions

• Can't recall, as I felt confident about my skills and applying for the position.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to ask for negotiation - and was happy with the outcome.

Staff Attorney Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview

Submitted application online, three weeks later received a call from a recruiter. Discussed my experience in the type of law they were hiring for. Was told my resume and information would be passed along to the hiring committee for review. Received a generic email five days later, on a Monday before 8am. Got the generic response about not what we are looking for a this time. Would have preferred the recruiter to call me back and tell me what specifically the hiring manager was looking for.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know practically every type of project that was relevant to the position.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

HR contacted me to initial screening and phone interview with a hiring manager.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Arlington, VA) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied about a week before I was called by the HR recruiter. She asked me basic interest questions and scheduled my interview. She also sent an email link for further information needed to be completed before your interview. I got to the interview early but had to wait until the store opened. Once I got in I was asked to wait by the manager for another 15 min or so. I was then taken back and asked questions about my work experiences listed on my resume. Afterward he stated I would work well there and should hear from the HR recruiter soon about drug testing and the background check.

Interview Questions

• Rank your knowledge on cameras, tv's and computers and explain how you would approach the sell of each.   Answer Question

Sales Promotion Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Rancho Bernardo, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Very casual and welcoming experience. Great communication with HR through phone and emails. Very responsive. Nice regrets form letter but would have liked to know why they choose another candidate or feedback on interview but that's usually not given.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too difficult, felt very comfortable with overall questions and answers.   Answer Question

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Rancho Bernardo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

First, I got a call from HR and they scheduled a phone screen for a few days later. The next week, I met with the Corporate Controller and VP of Finance. It was a fairly straightforward interview. They asked my about my previous experience and how I liked working for big companies.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that you think is most relevant to this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sony Electronics in February 2013.

Interview

5 interviews, two over the phone three in person