Sony Electronics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.9

Accounting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rancho Bernardo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Rancho Bernardo, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

First, I got a call from HR and they scheduled a phone screen for a few days later. The next week, I met with the Corporate Controller and VP of Finance. It was a fairly straightforward interview. They asked my about my previous experience and how I liked working for big companies.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that you think is most relevant to this job?   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sony Electronics in February 2013.

Interview

5 interviews, two over the phone three in person

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Miami, FL).

Interview

Met with HR rep. and department rep for personal audio. Interview was arranged by staffing and lasted about 15 minutes. Standard interview questions (how do you handle difficult situations, why are you looking to leave current employer, etc). Since it was a position in their Miami office, the interview was conducted in Spanglish, which was a bit uncomfortable, as I was more comfortable in English and them in Spanish. The position was for a five-month contract (paid hourly).

Interview Questions

• What "spunky" or "catchy" introductory sentence would you come up with to promote XYZ Sony Electronics product.   Answer Question

RETAIL SALES SUPERVISOR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Park Ridge, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Park Ridge, NJ) in August 2012.

Interview

Online application and phone interview

Interview Questions

• What technological advance in the past or recent history do you think had the biggest impact?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Houston, TX) in August 2012.

Interview

I waited for about an hour before anyone actually got to me! As they walked around and still did business as usual! After the store slowed down a bit, they finally pulled me to the side on the sales floor.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you had a difficult customer in the middle of crowd of customers?   1 Answer

Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Francisco, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

This is little bit unique case. So I actually applied for visual designer position which I have several freelance work experience with. But HR people contacted me and asked to change applying position to Interaction design. and I did.
    When I got there for interview, designer asked me to go over my portfolio, I did. and asked some question seeing if I am understanding right about interaction design.
    Another designer joined lille later and went over the portfolio again.
    thats about it.

Interview Questions

• As a graphic designer who mostly did the print jobs, why you applied for interactive designer position.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

was easy, very easy great nice

Marketing Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Century City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Century City, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

was a long process, the whole thing took 2 months. There was confusion with the HR reps, but it was poor scheduling and timing. Eventually I did not wind up with an in person interview because the HR rep cancelled on me the day before. So I ended up with 3 phone interviews.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Orlando, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

It took 3 interviews over the span of 3-4 months. Asked me about my previous experience and my connections in the photography industry. Asked about how I handle stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• How are you with handling stubburn buyers and managers?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and got a call back about a week later. The recruiter was very friendly and casual. She scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview was about a half hour. Then a week went by and I got a call confirming an in-person interview. This consisted of a panel interview, a 1:1, and a skills test. The in-person interview was about 2.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• If you were at a party, and SONY walked in, how would you describe it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was pleased with their offer.