Sony Electronics Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sony Electronics Software Engineer Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Jose, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

Was contacted by an agent regarding a position in Sony and an onsite interview was set up the following day. Met the Program Manger, who was very professional and asked questions about my previous work and listened attentively.

Then a couple of engineers came in and started throwing questions at me without even bothering to listen to my answers. And out of the blue starting making fun of my Company and the product. Very unprofessional team

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Sony Electronics

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony Electronics.

Interview

Initial phone interview for contract position. Questions were mostly technical, not too difficult. After initial contract position was offered a permanent position.
    Impressions of work culture: Work is remote controlled from Tokyo, little to no autonomy for the US operation, so decisions take a long time to be made. Sometimes there is not enough transparency as to who is in control, and who is the real decision maker. Work efficiency sometimes suffers due to too many people involved in decision making, and the afore-mentioned lack of transparency of decision making.
           Staying back in office for late night video/telephone conference meetings with overseas teams, especially in Tokyo had been the norm rather than the exception, due to the time zone difference. However this is not for everyone concerned, only if one happened to be in a position within the project where liaison with Tokyo is necessary.

Interview Questions

• Telephone interview question for SW engineer position:
      What is the Unix/Linux system call that forms the basis of Linux pthread library functions?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

was easy, very easy great nice

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) in October 2010.

Interview

Interview process consists of phone interview from recruiter and then from manager.
    After the phone interview is through, was invited for the one on one interview with the team .
    This interview lasted for a day.Also have to meet with VP and SVP of engineering as a part of interview process step by step though.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (San Diego, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

I converted from a contractor to an employee. The conversion process involves the full round of interviews. Starting with applying online, doing an intensive background screening, and then about 7 hours of 1:1 interviews, which were done on the same day. The actual interviews were done about 10 days into the process. I was interviewed by the hiring manger, HR, dept. heads, and VP's. Each had a different style, none were technical in nature. They all asked the same type of questions, involving personality, work ethics, inter-personal skills, goals, etc.

Interview Questions

• Since I had experience with the company as a contractor, I was asked what I would like to see changed in the department I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate. I only had to send the offer back to the table 1 time. However, doing so, increased the length of time for the final offer by a week.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pudong, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony Electronics (Pudong, Shanghai (China)) in June 2010.

Interview

i am asked if i have interested in android system application and made me demo some applications. Very hands-on.