Sony Pictures Entertainment Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sony Pictures Entertainment Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Sony Pictures Entertainment

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

Knew of position already. Reached out to hiring manager. Met with entire team and then had additional phone interview with V.P. Had to wait for over a month before decision was made.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I made my request. I was told what was possible. I accepted that and then had to wait over a month to see if that was approved.

Other Interview Reviews for Sony Pictures Entertainment

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

Two phone interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial communication was over the phone with a recruiter who asked me if I was interested in the job and what my qualifications were. I was then asked to come in and meet with the manager whom I would be reporting to. The interview was straight forward and more about my experience and the nature of the role and responsibilities. I was then brought in again and met the VP (my manager's manager), another manager on the team, and two future colleagues that had the same job I was interviewing for. The VP grilled me on strategy questions, but besides that it was relatively straightforward.

Interview Questions

• "Why is there traffic in L.A.?" "How can you/would you resolve this issue?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated with the recruiter over salary. It took a day/two and I accepted the offer after he got me a little bit more money. They didn't budge much though....$5K was it.

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

I got a phone call from Sony's HR saying they would like to interview based on my online application. There were two rounds of interview, one with the manager and the other with IT director. It was quite generic about my skills as business analyst and what my roles will be at Sony in both the rounds.

Interview Questions

• Q: Have you worked with development team in identifying gaps?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

first round is a 30-minute phone interview with 2 interviewers. The second round is an onsite interview with the director and team members. it lasted around 1 hour and consists technical tests and behavioural questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

Interview experience was straightforward. It initially started with a call and later followed by face to face in person interview. Questions varied based on the person asking the question. questions ranged from basic business questions to detailed technical questions.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment in December 2011.

Interview

Very nice people. I met both the person I was to report to as well as the senior executive in charge of the division. The first person I intereviewed with spent some extra time with me to introduce me around the office and showed me around the environment. The recruiter was very knowledgeble and caring. Unfortunately, the position was put on hold, indefinitley, but I am still hopeful!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a decision for which no procedure existed?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

Phone and in person interview. Very to-the-point about the role you will be performing. Technical questions were asked, heavily based on your experience as business analyst. A lot of in house development is done, know your SDLC