Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

2.8

IT Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

2 interviews with the manager. Very easy process. Basic questions none that are really technical. Dress semi casual. Come in and park at their main parking lot. (Valet) walk in and talk to the secrutyiy guards. They'll give you a pass and you're good to go.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The process includes a Skype interview followed by work sample submissions followed by In-person interview. The in-person interview was by a panel, what included the Director, a project manager, and a couple of business analysts and developer.

Interview Questions

• Past employment experience, questions on conflict resolution, questions on previous work with respect to software development lifecycle, requirements gathering, business and systems analysis. Types of projects   1 Answer

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

very straightforward interview process. one phone interview followed by in person interview with multiple executives. Was asked behavioral questions. Interviewers were all nice and easy to talk to. made the interview process easy.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Half Super day, with the team... very easy going team that were mostly asking fit questions. Phone screening 1st then they bring you onsite for 1 rounds with the team. then 2nd round with senior management.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

You may or may not be contacted by HR. I applied for several positions and only got a response for 2. They will not let you know if you're still in the running for a position you applied to. interviews start with HR and then you move on to manager or supervisor. They do know what they are looking for, it's not the type of place where you can bluff yourself into a position, so make sure you're qualified.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have as an executive assistant?   1 Answer

Spectrum Spring Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

It's a easy going interview with crackle's art director. Before that I talked to HR via phone. The art director took me on tour in sony afterwards to see the office

Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Took a long time to be given feedback after each stage int he process even though I was told the need was urgent. Too many interviews; all with similar questiosn.

Contracts Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Very casual interview setting, interviewed with the director and assistant director. They were dressed very casually. Very soft-spoken, and did not interrupt me at all when I spoke. Let me finish my thought, and when I got a bit nervous, they were very encouraging. Very positive vibes and great interview experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked a lot about experience with procurement processes, and practical experience with contract review. They also asked how I would deal with others, how I deal with change.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment.

Interview

Initial HR phone screen, followed by multiple 'panel' interviews consisting of dept sr. mgmt, colleagues and some clients you'll be working with. HR Phone screen interview questions were quite extensive - make sure you've done your homework and are prepared to answer any questions quickly and concisely. Be mindful of the total interview time and make the best impression you can. If you don't pass the phone screen you will not move to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Generally they are well thought out, practical, no trick questions so just share what you know about the role you are applying for. One of the questions was around to deal with change management.   1 Answer

Manager, Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process began with a phone call screener with HR, then they followed up with an email contacting me to come in and meet in person with them- first with HR in the main building and then with the department hiring manager elsewhere on the lot immediately following. The HR interview was short and not very demanding, probably to make sure you were a professional before sending you over to the marketing staff for the actual job interview. The HR people don't seem to have a lot of contact with the departments- I was told one thing from the department head and another from HR. So it does not matter if you have a good meeting with HR, they did not have a say in the decision nor do they "pull" for you in any way. This was different from other interviews in my experience where HR was more involved or try to place you if you are a good cultural and professional fit. You are best off by knowing the hiring managers directly and currently working at a competitor.

Interview Questions

• They asked the ubiquitous "tell me about yourself" question to lead off and then after there were specific questions about my background and how it related to the main functions of the job and their department needs. People were cordial and generally friendly.   Answer Question