Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.7

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with Sony Pictures Publicity. The interview was very simple and lasted about 30 minutes. It involved basic questions about my background and area of interest. The process involved one phone screen interview and one in person interview. It was a 6 on 1 interview style, with the entire team interviewing one candidate. Overall not a difficult interview.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I got a phone call for a phone interview. Then I was scheduled for a in person interview, in which they cancelled at 7pm the night before my interview. My recruiters was very slow and unprofessional,takes days to reply although she said there looking to hire ASAP , does not send out confirmations or follow up. I hadn't heard anything about my reschedule so I reached out a week later. She said the job was closed for a month or so. Shouldn't tell that to the prospective candidates ? I don't know how she even got that office manager position, Andee is completely incompetent.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      why do you want to work here
      how did you here about us
      what are your strengths
      Answer Question

Columbia/TriStar Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

A phone call set up between myself and the executive. It was short and clearly not a priority. There was urgency to conduct the interview so a call was set up, as I was out of town. In speaking with both the executive and the assistant, it was clear that the assistant was far more informed on the process than the executive. The process was pleasant enough but not very useful for either party.

Interview Questions

• Please discuss your resume   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

There was an initial phone screening then I was invited to an onsite interview with one of the senior analyst. I was then invited again for a second onsite interview with the hiring manager and two senior analysts on the team.

The interview itself was very fluid with basic questions and gauging of the candidate's personality.

The recruiters were mostly quick with their responses and decisions. One week or so after the second interview, I was extended an offer.

Physical Production Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

I had three interviews starting with members of HR and finally with the EVP of motion picture production. Each interview was not too long, about 10-30 minutes. I was asked the standard production interview such as my favorite movies, the general state of the film making business, as well as my favorite directors or general players in the industry.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Ad Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

HR referred me to the position and brought me in for an interview with the Director. He was very welcoming and easy going and honestly created one of the best interview environments I have been in. A couple weeks later they brought me in to meet the President of the department and she was also kind and open about her relation to the role and what they were looking for. The process took a little over a month and there was little communication between interviews about next steps.

Post Production Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied through a posting on my school job board and was emailed and phoned to schedule an interview in-person at Culver City. I came and talked to a coordinator. She was very nice, if a bit overworked. I didn't hear back for over a week and I had another offer waiting for my response, so I contacted the coordinator twice to get a decision. I wasn't hired, but I may try again later.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The overall interview process was a great. The interview itself took a few hours as I came in for one day to meet with everyone in the department. The interview questions were basic interview questions. The interview felt more like a "personality interview" to make sure that I would be a good fit with others within that department.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

The process includes a Skype interview followed by work sample submissions followed by In-person interview. The in-person interview was by a panel, what included the Director, a project manager, and a couple of business analysts and developer.

Interview Questions

• Past employment experience, questions on conflict resolution, questions on previous work with respect to software development lifecycle, requirements gathering, business and systems analysis. Types of projects   1 Answer

Compensation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2016.

Interview

very straightforward interview process. one phone interview followed by in person interview with multiple executives. Was asked behavioral questions. Interviewers were all nice and easy to talk to. made the interview process easy.