Sony Pictures Entertainment Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.6

72 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

HR contacted me a month after applying for a phone interview. She was 10 minutes late and unprepared. After a follow up, I received a reply two weeks later for an interview with the director. Then I went in for an on-site interview. It was supposed to be with a panel and only a couple of people showed up. A few questions in to the interview, I knew a decision had already been made and I was only in there to close out the requisition. They stated there’s high turn over (alarm bells) and so they move slowly. It was disorganised and de-motivating. I had to wait a long time between interviewers.

I did not receive an offer, hence it made my decision easier.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA).

Interview

First you screen with a recruiter for about 30 minutes then you have one-two in person interviews with the department you are applying for. The entire process takes about a month.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself, your future career goals, how can this internship help you in your goals, what do you hope to gain   1 Answer

Office Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

To be honest, everything about this process was unprofessional. It is clear that SPE has some major internal issues that generates miscommunication on all levels. I had a 2-1 interview and my interviewers seemed like they had never done an interview before. Details on the position were choppy and their expressions were spacey. They seemed like they hated working there and wanted to get out of the interview as soon as possible. This was my 3rd interview and one of the interviewers didn't even know I had already come in before. If that's not bad communication, I don't know what is. I could tell that they had already made their decision with me when I walked into the interview. This was by far the worst experience I've ever had in any recruiting process.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carson, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Carson, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Recruiter emailed me on a Friday about a position I applied for, scheduled a phone screening with her for the upcoming Monday. It was good, a few of your typical “Why Sony” questions but mainly getting to know me type questions. She said she would check with the team and get back to me about an in-person interview. Reached out again about a week and a half later, for the in-person interview. Interviewed with two directors, they were really nice and very welcoming and I loved that they asked good get to know me questions instead of the ridiculous “tell me a time that something went wrong and how did you handle it” anyway to me it seemed it all went great. Fast forward about three weeks later still no news, so I reached out to recruiter she said no decision had been made and many were coming back from holiday vacation so she would follow up with them and let me know. Two days later I get an email asking for my references as part of the selection process so no offer yet. Filled that out and sent it, well now it’s been about two weeks so a total of a month and a half from the first interview and nada. If I didn’t get the job I would really appreciate a courtesy email letting me know so, even a generic one would suffice. I read in a previous review that you don’t find out if you didn’t get the job and need to seek this information yourself. Really sucks that it’s true. It’s all about courtesy and respect for people’s times, even the candidate’s.

Senior Specialist, VIP Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Had 3 internal referrals refer me to the recruiting manager. The recruiting manager directly called to schedule a 30 minute conversation. After the phone call, a two hour interview followed on the lot. Overall experience was excellent, but since it is a big studio their process takes longer in deciding. I ended up accepting an offer at a different studio. For anybody interviewing, if you want an update you must reach out to the recruiter or the person you are dealing with, they will not update you.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sony?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I interviewed with Sony Pictures Publicity. The interview was very simple and lasted about 30 minutes. It involved basic questions about my background and area of interest. The process involved one phone screen interview and one in person interview. It was a 6 on 1 interview style, with the entire team interviewing one candidate. Overall not a difficult interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

The entry level recruiters aren't great at making the interview process seamless for their applicants. Consistent follow up is required to know your status in the process and next steps. It started with an initial phone screen, followed by a 30 min interview with the hiring manager of the department. They don't tell you if you did not get the position. You have to seek out this information.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Contacted via email after applying through indeed. Preliminary screening with HR followed by conference call several weeks later with hiring manager. The second interview was supposed to be on the lot, but I lived across the country so a phone interview was arranged. Both interviews had a very friendly-vibe to them, and were not drawn out. The first was very short and basic, and the second explored more of my technical background but didn't require specifics.

Interview Questions

• Why Sony?   1 Answer
    • Would you be willing to relocate if given a full-time opportunity?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about some projects you've worked on that show your technical background.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and within a week I got a phone call for a phone interview. Then I was scheduled for a in person interview, in which they cancelled at 7pm the night before my interview. My recruiters was very slow and unprofessional,takes days to reply although she said there looking to hire ASAP , does not send out confirmations or follow up. I hadn't heard anything about my reschedule so I reached out a week later. She said the job was closed for a month or so. Shouldn't tell that to the prospective candidates ? I don't know how she even got that office manager position, Andee is completely incompetent.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself
      why do you want to work here
      how did you here about us
      what are your strengths   Answer Question

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Entertainment (Culver City, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

First about 5 minutes with HR, then drive down the street to a small building. Interview with the manager and 2 other guys. You have to squeeze into this little parking lot.