Sony Pictures Television Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 21, 2017

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sony Pictures Television

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Television (Culver City, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I got a call from their recruiting company. The interview was about 30 minutes and she asked basics questions like describe my work experiences, skills, etc. A month later I got an email from the actual department to set up an interview. The interview was also basic with just questions about my past experiences and why Sony and TV. 3 days laters I got a call back to meet with the VP of Marketing, The interview was very basic and just explaining what I'll be doing and what the department does.

Interview Questions

• Why Television? Why entertainment? Why Marketing? Tell me about yourself? Tell me about your past experiences?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Television in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through an alumni at my school. I first had a phone screening with the assistant in my department which was about a 15 minute conversation just getting a feel for how I was on the phone as well as my personality. I then completed a Skype interview a few weeks later with my supervisor which probably only lasted for 5 minutes. It was a relatively smooth process but I had also had my resume pushed through from my career services at my university.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Television in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through through Sony Careers site, had a phone interview with a recruiter, then received an email from the department VP for a phone interview. The second round interview was pretty casual, he asked me why I wanted to work in the entertainment industry and then spent a lot of time telling me what the job entailed.

Intern Interview

Interview

Got a referral to the spectrum internship program and came in for an interview. The questions were straightforward as long as you are up to date with TV and why you want to work in it.

Interview Questions

• What past work experience was extremely influential for you and why?   1 Answer

Traffic Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Television (Culver City, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

I was contacted by email to see if I was interested in interviewing for the position. Once I accepted the offer to interview I did 2 rounds of interviews, a couple days apart and was then offered the position via email from my superior. I negotiated my salary, we agreed upon a start date and I was hired. The interviews were one on one and gave me a good idea of the workflow of the dept. as well as the type of work that the dept. does. I was surprised to find that the environment was cubicle city but this is probably pretty standard.

Interview Questions

• What was your (project) process like back at your previous position.   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate my hourly rate. My advice is always to ask for more than you want and work your way down if necessary. I didn't get what I wanted but I did get more than was offered initially.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Television (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

There were three rounds of interviews, and after being put through all three, I never heard a single word back from them. I have no qualms about being declined if my skills and character aren't the right fit for the company, but after having spent so much time meeting with them I was expecting them to at least have the courtesy to respond, even if it were just to decline.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Television (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Multiple rounds with similar questions. Was interviewed by multiple people across increasing hierarchy.
    Questions asked were largely specific to career achievements. Strong emphasis was laid on candidature creativity and business development skills. Was also questioned on my educational background and how it has helped in my career graph.

Manager, Client Servicing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Television (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

They ask very pertinent questions to make sure that you have the ability to cultivate passion for the job. There were 3 levels - HR, immediate function manager and the head. They create a great environment for you to be comfortable.

Interview Questions

• What kind of process so you like more; target oriented or creative oriented?   2 Answers

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mexico City (Mexico)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Television (Mexico City (Mexico)) in April 2016.

Interview

Got an Interview the next day that I applied over the phone, after this I was asked to come to the Company office and have a 1:1 interview, later on that day was contacted for an skype interview and two day later they contacted me to make me an offer

Interview Questions

• What can I offer to the company?   1 Answer

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sony Pictures Television (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in April 2015.

Interview

A written assessment is requested after the first round of screening. The contents of the assessment depends on different departments. For example, Business Development would ask for slides for a case.
    After that, a phone interview with HR (really short, 5 min) would be conducted.
    F2f interview follows the phone interview, with the department head & other staff maybe. At least 2 rounds of interviews would be conducted.