Sony PlayStation Senior Staff Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior/Staff Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Mateo, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen with the lead recruiter, then a phone interview with the hiring manager. I was handed-off to an inexperienced recruiting coordinator that was brand-new to the company. This person scheduled a single-day trip (LAX to SFO) for the interview, having me fly out at 6am in the morning. This scheduling was inconsiderate, requiring me to wake up at 4am to get to the airport, and then spending all day being interviewed by half a dozen people. Other Bay Area companies realize this is not the best method for candidate interviews, and will have you travel the day before.
    After being greeted in the lobby ten minutes late, the interview took place solely in a small conference room, except for the team lunch. All of the interviewers were technical, and none seemed to have much training in interviewing, asking rather canned questions and two illegal ones detailed below.
    They placed a bit too much emphasis on being a current video gamer, which is something that I grew up doing my whole life until my work life and family time took time away from it over the past few years.

Interview Questions

• How would you design an alarm clock for a blind person?   1 Answer
    • Are you part Asian?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a family?   1 Answer

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (Foster City, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

Tough interview process with more then 5 rounds of interviews. i had to face 10 rounds with several different managers and director.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Recruiters are not really diligent and you may need to make sure you follow up and make sure your offer letter is well prepared with no mistakes. Also in case you have visa transfer requirements make sure you stay on top of it since recruiters have no good experience on these.

Senior Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (Foster City, CA) in September 2008.

Interview

see the position on craigslist, apply it and got a call 1 month later, phone screen 1 week later, then onsite 1 week after. It wasn't so much a technical interview as much it was just asking for personality fit.

Interview Questions

• How would you redesign (showing mock-ups of UI components) to make it cleaner/faster/easier to use?   Answer Question