Sony PlayStation Interview Questions in San Diego, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 18, 2017

2.6

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Lots of technical grilling and going over skills on your resume. One guy was super rude and shook his head whenever I answered questions, even when the other interviewers confirmed I was right. They asked me to whiteboard something in whatever language I wanted, so I did it in Java and even stated that it would work only in Java, and that guy kept saying "no it doesn't work in all languages, it's not portable." Then maybe he should've specified that he wanted code that would work in any language?! I don't know why he kept being so discouraging and interrupting me, like when I was in the middle of answering another interviewer's questions he would interrupt and ask me something completely different. I answered the majority of their questions right, Linux trivia, algorithms, whatever, but they told me after I interviewed that they were only going to hire one intern. I could tell from the way they were talking to me that I wasn't gonna be that one intern.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Diego, CA).

Interview

The manager asked me about my resume and several behavior questions. He also asked some general technical questions regarding the position, such as JavaScript and SQL. He was really friendly , as I was stuck in one of the questions about JavaScript. He said it was okay and explained me how to approach the question.

Staff Big Data Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Took two months. Vendor contacted via linked-in. First round phone interview technical round was ok. Called for in-person. They booked the flight to and from San Diego. Interview took for 5 hours long. But final result was negative

Interview Questions

• Algorithms - Anagrams, merging multiple sorted arrays and explain time complexity, reverse print of a given array using lambda expressions, differences between snappy and gzip, different types of formats like avro, json, xml...   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

2 phone screens with the hiring manager followed by an technical round over phone. Then you are invited Onsite. Interviewers are friendly. The teams are interesting. The office space is insanely good.

Game Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Diego, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Online application followed by a phone screen with a HR representative. The conversation was very easy going with an explanation of the responsibilities of the job and game interests. One month later got another phone call to schedule an onsite interview with a couple of team leads.

Interview Questions

• What kind of games do you usually play? Favorite genres, previous experience with games and so on.   Answer Question

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Diego, CA).

Interview

A quick interview, supposed to last 30 mins, but only took 15 mins. I have prepared the whole questions that I can find online, but they barely asked about it. Speak so fast and bearly hear her in the phone.

Interview Questions

• Just go through the resume and ask me if I had questions for them   Answer Question

Senior Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Called by internal recuiter who found my resume. He arranged telephone interview with Security Engineer. Quick set of questions focused on Networking, Linux administration, and Security. Must admit I was rusty on my answers, but not so bad as to rate no follow-up. 10 days with no additional contact.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Usual programming puzzle questions, implement a stack and unit tests for it. Puzzle questions were pretty challenging. Programming task was trivial. Any person out of college would do good at the interview.

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

Position was a 6 month contract to hire. Phone screen by hiring manager then 2 hour on-site interview with team. Phone screen and on site, in my opinion, went well. Because white board session was interrupted they sent me home and invited me to complete codility exercise. I declined as not excited about working in C++.

Interview Questions

• Write on white board, in C++, function to find a string in a string, the strstr() function.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Diego, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Initial recruiter was very nice, however, second talent acquisition rep who scheduled my flight/hotel was horribly unprofessional. This should have been my first sign.

Flew me out and had 5+ hour interview with multiple members from various departments for a corporate management position. Thought interviews went very well except for final interview with VP who didn't look at me during the time he stepped into the conference room. Guess my answers didn't interest him and think me talking about my education turned him off. I had a bad feeling this portion of the interview didn't go well so I checked him out on LinkedIn and he didn't have any education noted whatsoever...and he was the VP.

They want to play in the same sandbox as Google or Apple but they're not even close.