Sony PlayStation Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

2.8

20 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Product Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

HR was horrible. Got contacted few months after applying. First was a phone call with hiring manager , which had scheduling issues . Followed by an in person interview with the team. Followed by another round of in person interviews .
    Then complete silence. No responses to email either from HR.
    While the interviews were engaging the overall experience with the HR and not having the courtesy to follow up either by HR or hiring manager is very
    unprofessional.

Cloud Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

The entire hiring process took 3 weeks.The recruiters are very friendly and responsible.
    Had an initial call with the recruiter and then he scheduled a phone call with hiring manager.
    After the call with the hiring manager recruiter called me and scheduled an onsite interview.
    The on-site interview has taken place for around 4 and half hours with all the team members and Hiring manager. Had one more round of a phone call interview for 30 min with Director as a final step.

Interview Questions

• 1)Team members asked questions about past experience
      2)Technical questions all the tools that I worked.
      3) AWS security management
      4) questions on Linux commands (mostly on troubleshooting)
      5)CI/CD
      6) questions on HTTP calls and response errors
      7) Manager also asked some technical questions and also some attitude questions   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

After applying for this job, I had to deal with the most unprofessional and unorganized recruiter I’ve ever seen. Here’s some of the things she did:

- She asked me for phone availability and never got back to me until after a week
    - Any email to her required at least two follow up emails
    - She scheduled the first call with the hiring manager instead of herself. Hiring manager was surprised that no recruiter had talked to me first
    - She canceled the on-site interview less than 24 hours before and offered to re-schedule “if I’m still interested”!
    - On the interview day she just said hi and then and left the office
    - She did not get back to me after the On-site and did not reply to my follow up emails two weeks after. Not even a generic rejection email was sent. Since the interview was good and panel seemed happy, I was expecting some kind of closure on the result as I didn’t know if I was rejected or it was just her laziness... So I finally called her and only then I realized that I was not accepted. She promised that she would send me a detailed feedback but that never happened too.

Although I was interested in the job and the company, all in all, I had the worst interview experience in past 20 years.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions. They asked for a presentation which took me 3 days to prepare   Answer Question

Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Francisco, CA) in September 2017.

Interview

1. Applied in August 2017
    2. 1 week after initial interview, was requested a phone interview.
    3. A few days after phone interview, was requested for a 2nd phone interview with hiring management and team.
    4. After a few days, was asked to come onsite.
    5. Onsite interview was completed, 2-3 hrs tops.

Months later after final interview in September (even after a few follow up emails, no response from recruiter(s). Strange, as when the interview process was live, recruiter was very quick to respond. It seems if they are not interested, there is no response. I have never experienced this before from a recruiter to not respond especially after historically having good communication. It's strange that a huge company such as Sony would have this type of practice in recruiting, after reading others responses, this seems to be a pattern with a variety of recruiters within. It's a huge company so it would be nice to add their name to your resume, esp in the tech world, however it's not worth it as their perks are not up to mar with todays tech market and it does not help that recruiting is unresponsive towards the end if you have not been selected for the position.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Francisco, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

Step 1 - HR reached out and was pretty open about the compensation and benefits.
    Step 2 - sourcing coordinator sets up a 30min call with the Hiring Manager
    Step 3- Interview with Hiring Manager
    Step 4 - After feedback from the HM, sourcing coordinator sets up a call with the Data Gov Lead.
    *** 1 month later and still no update on the application/process even after multiple follow-up emails. It's so frustrating to see that the company no more values the time that one has put in towards the interview. Such patterns must change and the interviewee must definitely be informed about the status !!

Cloud Operations Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Francisco, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

This one was one of the weirdest interview I have given. No pre-screening call by HR, rather direct interview call with the hiring manager. On the call, she sounded disinterested and half hearted even before we started. Asked me, to describe my current role and responsibilities and that's it....said Thank you.

I have no idea what she was looking for

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

First one of the recruiters approached me for the position at Sony Playstation, SF location. He passed me assessment test, then there were two-telephonic rounds. And finally on-site interview, it was for almost 5 hours long with lunch interview.
    In the telephonic round, I was given target sum question and excel sheet problem.

An advice - sometimes they can give you very simple code and try to make harder step by step to check your thinking. And after writing your code, cover all the possible test cases.

Interview Questions

• Target Sum -
      Given an array and sum, if any addition of any two memeber from array is target sum or not. If there is then return first number from array which makes target sum. If there is no target sum return 0.
      Input - array {1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 7, -5} and sum-0
      Output - 5
      Explaination - the sum is 0, and member 5 and -5 produces target sum. Since 5 comes before than -5 in an array, return 5.   Answer Question
    • Excel Sheet Problem:
      Given a String in method return the column number. Or in other words, convert Excel column number in integer.
      Input: "A"
      Output: 1
      Input: "AA"
      Output: 27

Explaination: Column A is very first column in Excel, so return 1.   Answer Question
    • Anagrams, Find duplicate from an array, one trie-based question(Just solution explanation). In Java heap, stack based question.   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Francisco, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

Good experience over all. Accurate questions related to your field of experience and to the job you are applying for. Interviewers are very friendly and make you feel comfortable and perform the best you can during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• Many coding and problem solving questions. Quite challenging but doable if you prepare well. I found the interview exciting and I really enjoyed.   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sony PlayStation (San Francisco, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

Firstly, I had a call with the technical recruiter for setting up the interview! In first round of interview I had 15min of call with the QA Manager and 30min Technical Interview with the QA team member where I was asked few general technical questions and a coding to be done!Once I cleared the phone interview I was called for face to face interview after a week where I had 4 people taking my interview and Unfortunately I did not get through and I had a huge hopes for this! Hopefully this will be helpful for future candidates!

Interview Questions

• Coding: Reveres the string in any programming language ? How do you log the defect? How did you perform web testing? Write a prime number program? What is the tool you used for cross browser testing? Process of Automation Testing   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

Interview

You start with a phone interview by the recruiter and if that goes well the recruiter sets up a phone interview with the hiring manager, if that goes well then you go in for numerous in person interviews.