Sotheby's Cataloger Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sotheby's Cataloger Interview Questions

2.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sotheby's (New York, NY) in August 2014.

Interview

Very easy two day interview, I got the job right away. They were desperate to hire someone for the role I applied. The 5 girls previous to me each stayed for less than a year, I wish I knew that -- I wouldn't of applied because the position turned out to be a huge mistake. This company has a very high turnover at the junior levels, so junior people beware! HR is also a joke, I would not go to them for any concerns. They will tattle to your boss right away - it happened to many people I know.

Interview Questions

• Describe your background/tell me about yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for Sotheby's

Cataloger Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sotheby's (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a contact, who put me in touch with the HR contact. Phone interview, followed interview with HR and Department; the interview was relatively straight forward, with standard HR questions. It felt there was more emphasis on personality rather ability from the department, which made sense following working there.

Cataloger Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Sotheby's in March 2011.

Interview

I got the name of someone in HR from a fellow alumnus. HR reached out to me for a phone interview, and we went through my resume together. Set up an in-person interview for the next week. HR was friendly and professional, and told me to keep in touch. I e-mailed several times over the course of the next few months but never got a response.